***2016-2017 Hoops Season Thread***

The Tin Man

Reaction score
Good season. They're young and already showing they can compete in the postseason. Would've been nice to make the dance this year or make a bigger run in the NIT, but with all the talent coming in to complement what is already here, the future is very bright.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Wanted another home game. Very good season overall and surprising given the youth. bohannon is a star.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
If you would have told me before the season that Jok would have 220 3PA but wouldn't be the team leader in 3PM I would have offered to give @brantshawks the ol' Arizona Butter Churner.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
If you would have told me before the season that Jok would have 220 3PA but wouldn't be the team leader in 3PM I would have offered to give @brantshawks the ol' Arizona Butter Churner.
Lol. Wtf is that?
Urban dictionary has a few entires but I'll bet he meant this one.

After a man goes jogging and comes back to his partner, he has her sit on his back while he sits on all fours and has her jerk him off from the back and using his nut butter he aquired from jogging as a lubricant, until he ejeculates or spews shit. creating the realistic butter churning like sensation!

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Lol. Wtf is that?
Urban dictionary has a few entires but I'll bet he meant this one.

After a man goes jogging and comes back to his partner, he has her sit on his back while he sits on all fours and has her jerk him off from the back and using his nut butter he aquired from jogging as a lubricant, until he ejeculates or spews shit. creating the realistic butter churning like sensation!

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Jordan is on pace to obliterate the 3PM record. He made 89 this year. The record is Horner with 262 3PM.

He needs just 50 next year to break into the Top 10.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Jordan is on pace to obliterate the 3PM record. He made 89 this year. The record is Horner with 262 3PM.

He needs just 50 next year to break into the Top 10.
Lol. He will have that before February

Monster

Reaction score
Steph Curry is 10th all time with 414. Most ever is 504 by some dude from Oakland. Jordan might pass Curry.

Monster

Reaction score
If I was in a calmer I would be dead.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Well we can't have they. I would miss you. Honest.

Monster

Reaction score
If he averages 0.5 more threes for his career than he did this season he will likely pass Curry.

Monster

Reaction score
If he averages 0.5 more threes for his career than he did this season he will likely pass Curry.
That's a 20% increase. Unlikely.

He currently attempts 6.3 a game which is a good number.
I don't think it's unlikely at all. Remember he didn't even start to begin the season, he got better as the season went along, and he's a true freshman this year. You don't think he'll make a 20% improvement over the next three years? How many threes did Peter average per game? I'm not saying he's going to be like him, but somebody's got to pick up the slack.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
That's a 20% increase. Unlikely.

He currently attempts 6.3 a game which is a good number.
I don't think it's unlikely at all. Remember he didn't even start to begin the season, he got better as the season went along, and he's a true freshman this year. You don't think he'll make a 20% improvement over the next three years? How many threes did Peter average per game? I'm not saying he's going to be like him, but somebody's got to pick up the slack.
Jok's stats per ESPN -- goes from senior year to freshman year in both columns.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Jordan attempted 220 3pt this year. That is already near the top 5% of players nationally if my googling is correct. I just don't see him shooting that much more.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
@wHaMo might end up being right here. It would be a stretch but bohannon could pass Curry. Curry left Davidson after his Junior year, so it's not like he's saying bohannon is a better 3 pt shooter, but it isn't crazy to think he could do in 4 what Curry did in 3.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
His number should actually fall next year but he will have more open looks.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Other teams will probably not concentrate any of their attention of bohannon next year. He will be free to shoot dozens per game.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Curry was #15 nationally in usage rate his sophomore year and #1!!! his junior year.

Monster

Reaction score
He made 40 in the first 21 games. 49 in the last 13.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Other teams will probably not concentrate any of their attention of bohannon next year. He will be free to shoot dozens per game.
I sure hope they do because that will leave Cook/Pemsl/Garza with a lot of space to operate.

Monster

Reaction score
I don't think I agree with your police work there, Mo. bohannon made more 3-pointers toward the end of this year, and you can't tell me the other teams were aware of him by then.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Quite frankly I would be surprised to even see him shoot this high of a percentage again in his career. 42% is incredible for someone who plays as much and shoots as much as he does.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
If he keeps up the 3pt rate and assist rate he had the second half of this season, he'll be a three time all-american. It's pretty unlikely he keeps this up for 3-1/2 years.

Obviously, it would be awesome if he did, but unlikely.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I don't think I agree with your police work there, Mo. bohannon made more 3-pointers toward the end of this year, and you can't tell me the other teams were aware of him by then.
I think he became more confident as the year went on and at the end of the year, Jok was healthy again. Other teams tried to take Jok away first.

Like @douglasbader said, I think the defenses will try to shut him down first next year. But he's the type of player that will do fine passing the ball and picking his shots. I just don't think he averages more attempts than last year.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Hopefully, we won't need as many out of him. Plus Pete took a lot of attention away from him.

Monster

Reaction score
But didn't JB play great in the games PJ missed? And the games when he wasn't 100 percent?

Bob

Reaction score
But didn't JB play great in the games PJ missed? And the games when he wasn't 100 percent?
the teams Jok sat against were crap but yeah.

I do think the idea that defenses weren't paying attention to JB is kinda silly though. By mid season it was obvious that he's a great shooter and he made a ton of tough looks.

Cook continuing to play like he did toward the end of year should help create more open looks. Hopefully Cook gets better at looking for shooters and passing out of a double team, he was kind of a black hole a lot of the time.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
That game was so entertaining that I just now realized we lost at home to a mediocre team who was missing their best player.

Reaction score
That game was so entertaining that I just now realized we lost at home to a mediocre team who was missing their best player.
He's not close to their best player. Robinson averaged more assists with fewer turnovers and much better efficiency numbers. Fisher had the lowest offensive rating of any of their rotation players.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Jok named Honorable Mention AP All America.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Sounds like Valpo and Murray state to the MVC is going to happen