2017 Football Recruiting

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
Inconceivable to me that a kid from the state of Iowa, no less Iowa City could possibly leave Iowa to attend Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan State, etc. It would be somewhat understandable if the hometown Iowa program was shitty like Rutgers or Iowa State but Iowa is two years removed from a 12-0 regular season and played in a good bowl again this year despite the team underperforming.

Reaction score
Inconceivable to me that a kid from the state of Iowa, no less Iowa City could possibly leave Iowa to attend Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan State, etc. It would be somewhat understandable if the hometown Iowa program was shitty like Rutgers or Iowa State but Iowa is two years removed from a 12-0 regular season and played in a good bowl again this year despite the team underperforming.
You can't understand why a WR wouldn't want to come to Iowa? Did you watch them play this year?

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
You can't understand why a WR wouldn't want to come to Iowa? Did you watch them play this year?
Well that fat fuck is gone, Iowa has had plenty of good WRs the past 30 years.

Reaction score
Kirk has coached his entire life to have starting WRs named Oliver and Harry

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
You can't understand that a kid might want to get out and see the world a bit? When I graduated from college, Iowa was the last place I wanted to be. After living other places, I wised up real fast and quickly moved back to the midwest. However, kids want to see what's out there. Every school he is looking at is a big name school with loads of success.

Bob

Reaction score
Well that fat fuck is gone, Iowa has had plenty of good WRs the past 30 years.
We've had like what, two receivers drafted in the Ferentz era? And both of them were in the 6th round.

Also you really don't get why someone might not want to stay in their hometown for college?

Reaction score
I hope that one of the new coaches is a person of colour. And like a real person of colour. Bobby Kennedy wasn't a real person of colour.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I'm about the biggest Iowa homer there is but if ND or Stanford wanted to pay for my school, fuckin A right I'm not going to Iowa.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I should have sent Brian and LeVar a message on twitter to meet for a beer. dammit

Reaction score
I'm about the biggest Iowa homer there is but if ND or Stanford wanted to pay for my school, fuckin A right I'm not going to Iowa.
Stanford maybe, but not Notre Dame. Iowa City 100x > South Bend where it's 95% dudes.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Apparently Van Dyne's older brother is walking on as WR at Iowa this year after playing minor league hockey for the last 4 years.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Reaction score
He's also listed at 6'5". Based on the pic, that height is probably legit.
How long have we been recruiting him? His high school is only 5 min from me but I don't recall hearing his name
I saw him play once. Good. Not a difference maker at the D1 level imo.
There are maybe a handful of clear "difference-makers" at WR coming out of HS. The thing is, you don't have to look like a "difference-maker" to actually be a difference-maker with the WR corps we have at Iowa.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
How long have we been recruiting him? His high school is only 5 min from me but I don't recall hearing his name
There are maybe a handful of clear "difference-makers" at WR coming out of HS. The thing is, you don't have to look like a "difference-maker" to actually be a difference-maker with the WR corps we have at Iowa.
Also, given his size, they may be recruiting him with plans to convert him into a TE.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
True. The kid at Mill Valley last year (Jegen) now at UNI, was better than this kid by a significant margin imo.

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
I worked at Notre Dame for 2 football seasons and it was miserable. I couldn't wait to get back to Iowa City. With that said, strictly from a $ and future employment standpoint, you're correct. Both schools are about $65,000 - $70,000 per year so right off the bat, their scholarships are worth more. But the bigger component would be post-college. Granted, it depends on your degree, but I think the average starting salary is about $20K less for an Iowa grad. In terms of national rankings, Stanford is #5 and Notre Dame is #15. Iowa is #82.

But fuck both schools - especially ND.

Reaction score
Stanford you go, Notre Dame you do not. ND so overrated academically.

I'd go to Duke, Berkeley, UCLA, USC, Texas, Michigan, and probably Vanderbilt before Notre Dame

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
I worked at Notre Dame for 2 football seasons and it was miserable. I couldn't wait to get back to Iowa City. With that said, strictly from a $ and future employment standpoint, you're correct. Both schools are about $65,000 - $70,000 per year so right off the bat, their scholarships are worth more. But the bigger component would be post-college. Granted, it depends on your degree, but I think the average starting salary is about $20K less for an Iowa grad. In terms of national rankings, Stanford is #5 and Notre Dame is #15. Iowa is #82.

But fuck both schools - especially ND.
Does 65k pay for the high-school style Jostens ring that literally every ND grad wears or do you have to pay extra?

Reaction score
And Notre Dame isn't event more overrun with said east coast turds?

I'm not saying I would go t oany of those schools (except i would go to Stanford, Cal, UCLA, USC and probably Texas) but just that if looking at objectively academics and career wise only those would be the choices ahead of ND.

Hawkeye_Pierce

Reaction score
Stanford you go, Notre Dame you do not. ND so overrated academically.

I'd go to Duke, Berkeley, UCLA, USC, Texas, Michigan, and probably Vanderbilt before Notre Dame
I would go to all of the above and probably 20 others before I'd consider ND. However, there's no denying their stupid 'country club' hiring network. ND grads love to surround themselves with other ND grads so they can suck each others' cocks and reminisce about Lou Holtz.

Last edited:

Hawkeye_Pierce

Reaction score
Also Northwestern, but fuck them generally.
I say fuck the lot of schools you just mentioned...but that is just me.
Same. ACC schools, Michigan, Indiana, Vanderbilt, etc. have become overrun with east coast turds. Why would you want to subject yourself to that experience?
And Iowa is overrun by Illinois turds, and _____ is overrun by ____ turds... It's hard to believe anyone gives the slightest fuck where someone else is from much less factor it into their college decision. Oh noes! New Yorkers!!

Reaction score
I say fuck the lot of schools you just mentioned...but that is just me.
Same. ACC schools, Michigan, Indiana, Vanderbilt, etc. have become overrun with east coast turds. Why would you want to subject yourself to that experience?
And Iowa is overrun by Illinois turds, and _____ is overrun by ____ turds... It's hard to believe anyone gives the slightest fuck where someone else is from much less factor it into their college decision. Oh noes! New Yorkers!!
FIB!!!!!