**Iowa at Notre Dame - Tuesday 11/29 - 8pm - ESPN2**

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I do think they'll be worse than I thought this year though. I had hoped that they could make a push for the NIT, but this team seems like it will struggle to get to 500.

The defensive drop off from last year has been severe.
This team should be a lot better by the end of the season. Likely no post-season this year, but they have some young talent that has some potential.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Iowa reminds me of a bunch of baby deer that stumble around but will suddenly take off sprinting and look great only to fall on their face.

11 guys are consistently playing. 1 senior, 1 junior and 9 freshman/sophomores. This should all be no surprise.

Their goal should be by February to be much improved defensively and rebounding and be a dangerous team that is taking out some upper level teams. Hopefully they can be above .500 and make the NIT.

Reaction score
With a 7-6 non conference record they'd have to go at least 10-8 in the Big Ten to make the NIT. They will get a lot better but no chance.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
With a 7-6 non conference record they'd have to go at least 10-8 in the Big Ten to make the NIT. They will get a lot better but no chance.
The hope is they steal a game from either Iowa State or UNI to get to 8-5 in non conference. Not impossible by any measure.

Then go 9-9 in the Big Ten and win a tournament game and that should get them in.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
This year is going to be like 2002-2003 Iowa. Rely heavily on inexperienced players and/or true frosh. Play a lot of teams tough but then run out of gas in the final 8 minutes. Hope to make the NIT and make a mini-run.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
9-9 might be tough.

They'll pull off at least one upset, and fool us into thinking they've turned the corner, then go back to being young and dumb and losing to Penn State or Minnesota or some other equally awful team.

My fan satisfaction will come more from player development than from W-L; hopefully, the wins will come from the development, but that's not always the case....

bohannon will figure it out with more PT. Then if Tyler Cook leans to play defense, Pemsl has more games like ND, and Moss holds down a starting spot, jumping over a couple of fools to throw down dunks, I'm ok with that.