**Iowa @ Minnesota - 8:00 BTN SUPER WEDNESDAY!**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
They gave Minnesota a jump ball while standing out of bounds after less than a second. Not his fault on any level.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
1976 said:
From what I saw, the refs let Iowa back in the game, so I just stopped watching. Didn't see the big ending, but it sounds like hok fans are being a bunch of cry babies as usual.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
A loss like that would have crippled the last couple Iowa teams. I don't think it'll cripple these cats

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
It was a terrible call but I taught my kids in 6th grade not to wait for a double team and turn your back to the court in the corner.
In boxing my coach always told me not to let the judges decide the fight for you. We let the refs decide the game last night
He should have dribbled to the middle but the MN players definitely had rape on their mind. Also, in his defense, hard to hold on to the ball while being accosted and signal for timeout.

That ref REALLY wanted to call the jump ball. Nothing was going to stop him.
bohannon was open 15 feet away from him if he throws it quick when the second guys coming to double
Why do you keep saying this? That would have been a stupid play.

Here's when Ellingson catches the ball:

upload_2017-2-9_8-37-49.png

Defender #3 is standing right next to bohannon. He immediately closes on Ellingson:

upload_2017-2-9_8-38-57.png

bohannon is "open" but #3 is standing right in between them. Attempting to pass out of that trap would have been 10x riskier than pivoting towards the sideline to protect the ball and calling timeout, which is what he did. It was the right play. There's no way he could have known the official would ignore him yelling timeout multiple times and give the jump ball to the guy who had to step out bounds to reach in.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Had Pete been holding on to that ball, it would have been the right play but since it was Brady, it was a bad play. Even though Brady makes all his free throws.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
He should have dribbled to the middle but the MN players definitely had rape on their mind. Also, in his defense, hard to hold on to the ball while being accosted and signal for timeout.

bohannon was open 15 feet away from him if he throws it quick when the second guys coming to double

View attachment 7156

Defender #3 is standing right next to bohannon. He immediately closes on Ellingson:

View attachment 7157

bohannon is "open" but #3 is standing right in between them. Attempting to pass out of that trap would have been 10x riskier than pivoting towards the sideline to protect the ball and calling timeout, which is what he did. It was the right play. There's no way he could have known the official would ignore him yelling timeout multiple times and give the jump ball to the guy who had to step out bounds to reach in.
I guess your take is right and Bradys is wrong

Reaction score
I hate to sound like an Iowa State football douche, but this team was 3 idiotic chances away from making the tournament this year. Fucked around after Cook got hurt and lost a terrible game at home. Shit their pants and lost in double overtime at Nebrantska and then got fucked in double overtime at Minnesota. Flip those games and you are in the NCAA Tournament.

Fran will get his revenge in the next few years. He finally has a team that is full of non-pussies and can play.
Moss having some balls at the end and not giving up a showboat dunk was a pleasant surprise.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score

View attachment 7156

View attachment 7157

LOL. Brady is taking partial blame because it's the right thing to say. It's the same as if he answered that it didn't matter because they shouldn't be in a position to leave games up to the refs in the first place.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
It was a terrible call but I taught my kids in 6th grade not to wait for a double team and turn your back to the court in the corner.
In boxing my coach always told me not to let the judges decide the fight for you. We let the refs decide the game last night

Dom was open down the sideline too. I know a lot of people are saying "This isn't on Brady" and it's not. He definitely called time out and the refs blew it. But if you just keep playing instead of waiting to get fouled, you probably run a good 5-6 seconds more off the clock before they foul.

I didn't like what Brady did there. Goes against Fran's attack mode they usually employ.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score

View attachment 7156

View attachment 7157

Some players hate to make excuses even if it's justified. Sounds like Brady isn't a pussy.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
No Brady saying what he said because he's being mature and taking his part of responsibility instead of blaming the whole thing on the refs.

It's pretty common in high school basketball in every level of basketball that the refs always let the team that's behind be way more aggressive and swallow their whistles at the end of game

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

View attachment 7156

View attachment 7157

Some players hate to make excuses even if it's justified. Sounds like Brady isn't a pussy.
Correct

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
I heard this morning that in Joks post game interview he said the coaches told the refs before hand that if they got that rebound they were calling time out. If that's true it's even worse. Fuck Minnesota.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score

Dom was open down the sideline too. I know a lot of people are saying "This isn't on Brady" and it's not. He definitely called time out and the refs blew it. But if you just keep playing instead of waiting to get fouled, you probably run a good 5-6 seconds more off the clock before they foul.

I didn't like what Brady did there. Goes against Fran's attack mode they usually employ.
Brady held the ball because it was the least risky play and he doesn't miss free throws.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Which teammate did bohannon collide with when we were up one under a couple minutes to play (maybe in first OT?) Led to a turnover and fast break layup. That was stupid and frustrating.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

View attachment 7156

View attachment 7157

Stop arguing like a teenage girl.

And I've seen Ellingson said he should have called timeout faster, not that he should have passed to bohannon.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score

Brady held the ball because it was the least risky play and he doesn't miss free throws.
I get that.

But passing out of a trap is something you have to be able to do. You know that. I'd have liked to see them be a tad more aggressive is all. Not blaming anyone.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I heard this morning that in Joks post game interview he said the coaches told the refs before hand that if they got that rebound they were calling time out. If that's true it's even worse. Fuck Minnesota.
Yeah, saw that on Twitter last night. That's why the coaches were so upset.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Brady said he held onto the ball because he thought they were going to file.. Clearly that indicates he knew he had other options including passing it to one of his open teammates

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
The call that was made was a call to Fuck a team over. It's as simple as that.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
bohannon said he ran to the corner trying to offer an outlet for Ellingson and did his best to get the ref’s attention. There wasn’t much more for him to do than offer a shoulder shrug and say, “it wasn’t able to be heard I guess. I think you have to have the ref notice you. Obviously there’s a lot going on, so it’s hard to notice sometimes.”
Clearly bohannon thinks it was understandable for the refs to miss that call. A lot going on, just like he said.

HiG 2.0

DolphinAngerHawk
Reaction score
I pooped on my neighbor's doorstep in retaliation for that fuck job by the refs. I don't think he's a Gopher fan, but fuck him anyway.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score

I get that.

But passing out of a trap is something you have to be able to do. You know that. I'd have liked to see them be a tad more aggressive is all. Not blaming anyone.
I'm sure had he known that the refs were going to blatantly Fuck Iowa over, he would have passed out of it. His play was the most risk averse play leading by two with seconds left.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
I get that.

I'm sure had he known that the refs were going to blatantly Fuck Iowa over, he would have passed out of it. His play was the most risk adverse play leading by two with seconds left.
22 seconds left.

If it was mere seconds left I wouldn't even be talking about this.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
And like Doug said, that faggot ref had his mind made up way before. Brady was tired up for like a split second with one guy raping him from behind.

And the guy tying him up was out of fucking bounds.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
He didn't give a shit about the double team.

They came at him...he assumed they would foul him and if they didn't, he'd get a TO.

You're not letting the refs decide the game by expecting them to give you the TO like they do 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time.
NLP wanted Brady to lob it over a 6'7" athletic freak under his own basket with Mason not far away. That was by far the worst option.
I'm never going to fault Brady for having balls and wanting to shoot those free throws. Fuck I hate Mike Gesell.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score

Fucker should have just taken a jump hook, amirite??

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
While we're at it, the shot at the end of the first half should not have counted.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

They came at him...he assumed they would foul him and if they didn't, he'd get a TO.

You're not letting the refs decide the game by expecting them to give you the TO like they do 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time.
NLP wanted Brady to lob it over a 6'7" athletic freak under his own basket with Mason not far away. That was by far the worst option.
I'm never going to fault Brady for having balls and wanting to shoot those free throws. Fuck I hate Mike Gesell.
Other than them not being under their own basket and me never saying I wanted him to Lob it over the guy's head, you are spot on, sport

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
It was flat out the right play in that situation. The least risky. You can't play assuming a corrupt faggot ref is going to Fuck you over.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score

Fucker should have just taken a jump hook, amirite??
OMG!

NO!!

You RASCAL!!!!!

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
It was flat out the right play in that situation. The least risky. You can't play assuming a corrupt faggot ref is going to Fuck you over.
I'll agree it's the least risky.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
There's no consolation for a loss like that, but I guess you could say it's a good thing that the Gophers didn't stomp on anyone's head or kick anyone in the nuts at the end of regulation. If they had, it probably would've gone unnoticed by the refs.

In other news, somehow there are now 184 teams with a lower KP "luck" rating than Iowa.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Why are you guys arguing over this? WE'RE ON THE SAME TEAM HERE!!!! The refs fucked us. Brady was fine. If the ref doesn't call a jump ball for a guy that has one foot completely out of bounds we're not having this discussion.

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Why would we automatically call a timeout in that situation? If the clock is running and the ball in in a good free throw shooters hands, why let them set up the press? Sure, call a time out if you get in trouble like Brady tried to do, but that should be plan B.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

Other than them not being under their own basket and me never saying I wanted him to Lob it over the guy's head, you are spot on, sport
Are you arguing that bohannon wasn't under his own basket?

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the call was reviewable? I'm assuming it's not in regards to listening for the timeout call...but since they called a jump...is it even reviewable for the foot oob?

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
This is the last thing I'm going to say about any of this I'm tired of arguing about it. There are two types of dads, 1 dad lets his son rant away and joins in the fray after the son takes a questionable third strike to end a game. The other dad shrugs his shoulders and tells his son "hey I've always told you if it's close you need to swing the bat." One of those dad's raises snowflakes and the other one doesn't.

Brady's dad did not raise a snowflake

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Are you arguing that bohannon wasn't under his own basket?
I'd like an answer to this too but it's too late. He's already said the last thing he's going to say.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the call was reviewable? I'm assuming it's not in regards to listening for the timeout call...but since they called a jump...is it even reviewable for the foot oob?
That is what I don't get bc a lot of people are saying it was reviewable

Reaction score
All the best ways to handle full court press involve throwing it to the corner and holding it there