**Iowa @ Minnesota - 8:00 BTN SUPER WEDNESDAY!**

Reaction score
All the best ways to handle full court press involve throwing it to the corner and holding it there
Let's not be completely retarded about context here. There is breaking the press and there is taking a foul to close out a game.

Ellingson shouldn't have dribbled toward the corner but that is awful fucking nit picky considering the situation.

He did everything else right and the ref couldn't have fucked it up more.

Like I said before, that dumb bitch wanted to call that jump ball and nothing was going to stop him.
It's not nitpicky. Yes, the calls (foul and out of bounds) were blown, but the best case scenario the way it was executed was to run 4 seconds off the clock and blow a timeout.

They did about the only thing they could do to force Minnesota to not have to foul (though Minnie did anyways because they are dumb) by trapping themselves in the corner. Why would anybody foul a short unathletic dude with no dribble who has voluntarily boxed himself in on two sides already when there are twenty seconds still on the block?

Be proud of the effort, be pissed about the calls, defend Ellingson from dipshits, but don't pretend he or the team did everything right there.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
All the best ways to handle full court press involve throwing it to the corner and holding it there
Let's not be completely retarded about context here. There is breaking the press and there is taking a foul to close out a game.

Ellingson shouldn't have dribbled toward the corner but that is awful fucking nit picky considering the situation.

Like I said before, that dumb bitch wanted to call that jump ball and nothing was going to stop him.
It's not nitpicky. Yes, the calls (foul and out of bounds) were blown, but the best case scenario the way it was executed was to run 4 seconds off the clock and blow a timeout.

They did about the only thing they could do to force Minnesota to not have to foul (though Minnie did anyways because they are dumb) by trapping themselves in the corner. Why would anybody foul a short unathletic dude with no dribble who has voluntarily boxed himself in on two sides already when there are twenty seconds still on the block?

Be proud of the effort, be pissed about the calls, defend Ellingson from dipshits, but don't pretend he or the team did everything right there.
I said he shouldn't have dribbled into the corner.

But I'm also going to say you're being a dumbfuck. The breaking the press comment sounds like some stupid fucking shit my wife would say.

The Dad

Reaction score
He dribbled into the corner of the backcourt! What a moron! Worst press break ever!!! Lol!!

The Dad

Reaction score
If he really wanted to ice the game, he would have nutted up, dribbled straight up the middle of the court, executed 19.8 seconds of four corners, then hit an and-1 three as the clock expired.

Then moonwalked off while grabbing his balls.

So don't even pretend he did everything perfect!

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Thanks for the cutting edge analysis burnsy!

Reaction score

I said he shouldn't have dribbled into the corner.

But I'm also going to say you're being a dumbfuck. The breaking the press comment sounds like some stupid fucking shit my wife would say.
Nobody said break the press.

I said handle the press. Taking the ball to the corner, losing your dribble, and calling timeout is not handling the press

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
They didn't even trap him until they realized that Brady was just going to stand there and burn 9 seconds.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
Squeeze this one for all it's got, burnsy!

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
burnsy you should check out this guy's channel on YouTube. He loves presses too.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
Only a retard could convince themselves into thinking that everyone thought that was the preferred way to handle that situation. I'd have preferred that Baer dribbled it up court and played keep away with his teammates while the short ref got buttfucked by a guy with AIDS on the other end of the court. But we don't live in a just and fair world.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Only a retard could convince themselves into thinking that everyone thought that was the preferred way to handle that situation. I'd have preferred that Baer dribbled it up court and played keep away with his teammates while the short ref got buttfucked by a guy with AIDS on the other end of the court. But we don't live in a just and fair world.
I'm still trying to figure out why we didn't just pull a Lamelo Ball and just chuck a full court pass for an easy layup.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Why didn't Brady shoot? He could have had three points, maybe even four if he was fouled.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
There are two types of dads: those that tell you not to shoot from 90 feet away, and Marty McKowen.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Go back in time 6 months and try to imagine a world in which there were 4 pages of HaLo posters supporting and defending Brady Ellingson.

That is how good he has been this year.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Go back in time 6 months and try to imagine a world in which there were 4 pages of HaLo posters supporting and defending Brady Ellingson.

That is how good he has been this year.
/NLP & Burnsy

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Apparently I'm going to get mad every time any other team is granted a timeout in the waning seconds of a game.

So I have that going for me.

Reaction score
After watching the Purdue @ Indiana game last night I'm even more upset. It seemed as if the officials in that game stopped to confer/review, in the final few minutes, at least 3 or 4 times to "make sure they got it right." Even calling a double foul, when one called a blocking and another called charge, that resulted in both players fouling out. They couldn't agree so they called a double foul. Never seen that one before. But it just gives the impression that our officials didn't care about making sure they got it right.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score

IowaWigman

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
After watching the Purdue @ Indiana game last night I'm even more upset. It seemed as if the officials in that game stopped to confer/review, in the final few minutes, at least 3 or 4 times to "make sure they got it right." Even calling a double foul, when one called a blocking and another called charge, that resulted in both players fouling out. They couldn't agree so they called a double foul. Never seen that one before. But it just gives the impression that our officials didn't care about making sure they got it right.
Calling a charge and a blocking foul on the same play is something that you think is a good example of the officials conferencing to get it rightt? That was a horrible call.

Reaction score
Calling a charge and a blocking foul on the same play is something that you think is a good example of the officials conferencing to get it rightt? That was a horrible call.
I'm not saying I agreed with the call just an example of them at least trying to get it right. As far as we know the officials in the Iowa game just told Iowa coaches/players to "go sit down, MN called timeout, we're not reviewing shit."

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Can someone create a Mich State game thread already? I can't stand thinking about the Minnesota game and clicking on this thread to get my basketball talk fix. Need to get this game out of everyone's heads.

Last edited:

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Can someone create a Mich State game thread already? I can't stand thinking about the Minnesota game and clicking on this thread to get my basketball talk fix. Need to get this game out of everyone's heads.
Did you break your thread - starting button?