**Official 2016 Iowa Football Season Thread**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
That's right, boyz. Big Ten Media Days start tomorrow and the 2016 season is here.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
It's pretty damn good being an Iowa fan.

Play in a great conference. Great uniforms. Floyd is among the best rivalry trophies in the sport. Best post victory song in all of sport. Great stadium and gameday atmosphere. Large and loyal fan base.

Can't wait for September

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
It's pretty damn good being an Iowa fan.

Play in a great conference. Great uniforms. Floyd is among the best rivalry trophies in the sport. Best post victory song in all of sport. Great stadium and gameday atmosphere. Large and loyal fan base.

Can't wait for September
Also, Matt Rodgers was Iowa's quarterback in 90-91.

douglasbader

Reaction score
It sounds odd to say this, but I have less expectations for this season because they went undefeated last season. Won't surprise me if they go anything from 7-5 to nearly undefeated again with Beathard and King.

The only thing I don't want to see is the return of old Ferentz. If they are going to lose, do it the way they did it last year. Don't lose because you revert back to going conservative, punting from the 40 yard line, giving the safe RB all the carries, horizontal Greg Davis bullshit or sitting in base coverage while the other team chews you up running crossing routes.

Teams are going to be fired up to play Iowa this year with not much to lose. Iowa got very lucky a few times last year with coaches playing conservative like in the Pitt game when Narduzi punted from the 41 yard line on 3rd and 1, but that won't happen this year. Everyone is going to be saying fuck it and going for the win.

Now with that out of the way, looking forward to the season.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
CJB and King are players that don't come around often. If KF wan'ts go back to be boring and consevative next year with whatever shitty QB we roll out there than that's fine. But he can GFH if does that this season with a talent like CJB under center.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Is Miguel Recinos any good?

Reaction score
Is listing a 3rd starting WR position a new thing?

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
My OFFICIAL picks to click are Mends and Snyder (both noticeable upgrades) and Jermenic (at least as much receiving production as Tevaun) and Cole Croston (second team or better).

douglasbader

Reaction score
My OFFICIAL picks to click are Mends and Snyder (both noticeable upgrades) and Jermenic (at least as much receiving production as Tevaun) and Cole Croston (second team or better).
Snyder as an upgrade to who? Lomax?

Ben Kenobi

Definitely Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Is listing a 3rd starting WR position a new thing?
They've gone back and forth with it in the past. Sometimes just SE and and one listed WR position, but SE and two WR positions is pretty typical at least in the past couple seasons.

Not sure what the rhyme or reason is for going back and forth, but ultimately it doesn't matter I suppose.

Reaction score

douglasbader

Reaction score
Lomax was a good player
He was very good in run support, but the first play of the Rose Bowl(I know he was injured) was not the first time he was picked on in the passing game by a RB. I'm thinking of a very key play in the 2014 Wisconsin game, he overcommitted hard and Gordon ran right past him to convert a 3rd and long.
Describing possibly the all around best athlete in college football and Heisman favorite Christian McCaffery as some standard RB isn't really accurate.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Lomax was a good player
He was very good in run support, but the first play of the Rose Bowl(I know he was injured) was not the first time he was picked on in the passing game by a RB. I'm thinking of a very key play in the 2014 Wisconsin game, he overcommitted hard and Gordon ran right past him to convert a 3rd and long.
Describing possibly the all around best athlete in college football and Heisman favorite Christian McCaffery as some standard RB isn't really accurate.
And backing it up with Melvin Gordon.

douglasbader

Reaction score
And backing it up with Melvin Gordon.
Right. I'm not going to put down Lomax because he missed a couple plays on 2 of the better players in college football history, one of those plays while injured.

Gushawk

Reaction score
Lomax was good, but athletically considerably more of a soybean than Snyder. He had some real range limitations.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Snyder is a freak in regards to all football measurables.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Hopefully James Franklin is confused later this season when Iowa comes to town and certain players who were on the two deeps are not playing and certain players who weren't on the two deep are starting. He will never see it coming!

Gushawk

Reaction score
Snyder is wide awake and ready to kick some ass.

Reaction score
40+ years with only two coaches is amazing.
After Brian gets the nod we'll end up at 70 years with 3 coaches.
yeah this sets up Brian well. GD is 65 so he coaches maybe 2-3 years and retires and then gives Brian about 5 years as full-time OC. Brian will be 40 with about 15 years coaching including 5 as B10 OC.