Game Thread ***Official Iowa vs Florida Outback Bowl, Noon 1/2/17, ABC Thread***

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
is "the normal thing" to hide behind a screen name and accuse people of illegal and unethical practices?
Let's just pretend you're in a situation where you get to meet the president of the United States. Would you use that opportunity to call him a pussy? Like, use the word?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
is "the normal thing" to hide behind a screen name and accuse people of illegal and unethical practices?
You know those all turned out to be true, right?

Is this like when you yelled this exact same stuff at me for saying DJK was a fucking cokehead and then 2 weeks later he was arrested for keeping a drug house including weed/coke/pills?

It isn't like it is a secret the owner of the fucking Summit was doing illegal and unethical things. Lots of them. Everyone in Iowa City knew it.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Let's just pretend you're in a situation where you get to meet the president of the United States. Would you use that opportunity to call him a pussy? Like, use the word?
totally the same thing.
Either way, this is the part where you usually get really upset and go over the line so let's walk this puppy back.

You are a good dude and Happy New Year.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

Is this like when you yelled this exact same stuff at me for saying DJK was a fucking cokehead and then 2 weeks later he was arrested for keeping a drug house including weed/coke/pills?

It isn't like it is a secret the owner of the fucking Summit was doing illegal and unethical things. Lots of them. Everyone in Iowa City knew it.
well if those things were true, you shouldn't have backed away from saying them. I don't say anything on the board I wouldn't say to someones face. The board would be more enjoyable if you followed that.

douglasbader

Reaction score

well if those things were true, you shouldn't have backed away from saying them. I don't say anything on the board i wouldn't say to someones face. The board would be more enjoyable if you followed that.
I didn't back away from saying them, I simply made a really weird and awkward short conversation more normal. I get that you are not normal and don't understand this, but what the fuck do you even mean "I wouldn't say to someones face"?? The person in question wasn't even there.

Think of it man, I am standing outside Kinnick and someone I have met once before for 30 minutes like a year or so earlier recognizes me as he is walking with his kid and immediately goes "Hey there! This is my son. Oh, son, this is the guy that had bad shit to say about your boss....."

Fucking weird.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
totally the same thing.
Either way, this is the part where you usually get really upset and go over the line so let's walk this puppy back.

you go over the line all the time, there's no walking that back. Just do me a favor, don't address me, and I won't address you.

douglasbader

Reaction score
totally the same thing.

you go over the line all the time, there's no walking that back. Just do me a favor, don't address me, and I won't address you.
Well, if you remember correctly you addressed me but I agree.

Happy New Year and hope all is well.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Reaction score

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Relying on bowl games to determine which conference is best is fucking stupid, especially given the top Big Ten teams are playing virtual road games a lot of the time.

Michigan playing in Florida State's back yard (without 2 of their 3 best players most of the game) and losing in the last second isn't really something to be ashamed of. Iowa playing in 85 degree weather in Florida against Florida. Penn State playing 15 minutes outside Los Angeles against a team..... wait for it..... from Los Angeles. Yeah, no advantage there or anything.

Again, have these teams come north and play the game at Soldier Field in 35 degree weather and see how it goes for these Southern and West Coast schools.

It isn't the ultimate determining factor, but don't pretend there is no disadvantage for Big Ten teams every single bowl season.
Iowa lost by nearly 30 and was embarrassed. Ohio state lost by 31 and was shut out and embarrassed. Nebrantska was never close and lost by two scores. Maryland lost with no disadvantage in location. The best I am a giant douche win was by one score vs. a MAC team.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I bet nolookpass is also shitty at actual no look passes.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Relying on bowl games to determine which conference is best is fucking stupid, especially given the top Big Ten teams are playing virtual road games a lot of the time.

Michigan playing in Florida State's back yard (without 2 of their 3 best players most of the game) and losing in the last second isn't really something to be ashamed of. Iowa playing in 85 degree weather in Florida against Florida. Penn State playing 15 minutes outside Los Angeles against a team..... wait for it..... from Los Angeles. Yeah, no advantage there or anything.

Again, have these teams come north and play the game at Soldier Field in 35 degree weather and see how it goes for these Southern and West Coast schools.

It isn't the ultimate determining factor, but don't pretend there is no disadvantage for Big Ten teams every single bowl season.
Iowa lost by nearly 30 and was embarrassed. Ohio state lost by 31 and was shut out and embarrassed. Nebrantska was never close and lost by two scores. Maryland lost with no disadvantage in location. The best I am a giant douche win was by one score vs. a MAC team.
Minnesotas win over Washington State was pretty fucking impressive considering their circumstances.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
The big ten sucks in some fashion every year, personally I recommend quit watching ESPN but do what you want....You can stop bitching here however, no one seems to give a fuck about your rant

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Go to the ISU board, @Kamala...They would love to have this discussion with you
That's funny, because y'all are acting like CyFan posters. Completely unwilling to admit the reality. It's pretty disappointing to see how alike you really are.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score

Minnesotas win over Washington State was pretty fucking impressive considering their circumstances.
Agree

Reaction score

Using bowl games as your main arbiter is dumb because you're eliminating so many variables. You can flip one play in the Rose/Orange Bowis to make the B10 3-1 in NY6 games

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score

Using bowl games as your main arbiter is dumb because you're eliminating so many variables. You can flip one play in the Rose/Orange Bowis to make the B10 3-1 in NY6 games
Iowa State was three scores away from a bowl game.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
How about using non conference results as a piece of the equation?

Ohio State ass raped OU in Norman
Wisconsin beat LSU
Michigan beat Colorado

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score

Wisconsin beat LSU
Michigan beat Colorado
Because those games were four months ago, 2/3 of those teams lost when it counted, one was humiliated, and the sole postseason winner beat a MAC team by one score?

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
I like Kamala but damn. Let it go, brah. You're too emotional right now.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score

Wisconsin beat LSU
Michigan beat Colorado
Because those games were four months ago, 2/3 of those teams lost when it counted, one was humiliated, and the sole postseason winner beat a MAC team by one score?
So you are not actually interested in listening to facts and head to head matchups

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score

Wisconsin beat LSU
Michigan beat Colorado
So you are not actually interested in listening to facts and head to head matchups
I am. But I will always give more weight to a postseason game in January than a pre-conference September game.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Think of it man, I am standing outside Kinnick and someone I have met once before for 30 minutes like a year or so earlier recognizes me as he is walking with his kid and immediately goes "Hey there! This is my son. Oh, son, this is the guy that had bad shit to say about your boss....."

Fucking weird.
Funny, I don't remember this happening.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score

Fucking weird.
Funny, I don't remember this happening.
Are you the lookers kid?

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I am. But I will always give more weight to a postseason game in January than a pre-conference September game.
I would too, I guess, if I wanted to make a case for the Big Ten sucking and wanted to try to look at limited data to make my case.

Reaction score
Iowa State was three scores away from a bowl game.
You don't realize why this is funny

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
I would too, I guess, if I wanted to make a case for the Big Ten sucking and wanted to try to look at limited data to make my case.
Just FYI, but I don't actually want the I am a giant douche to suck.

I do hate every I am a giant douche team that's not Iowa, but I cheer for all of them (minus Penn State #pedos) in noncon football and basketball.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Iowa continually shot themselves in the foot all game. Kittle drops a sure 1st down pass that would have possibly led to a TD instead of the FG. Beathard misses a TD by inches and gets injured. They call the worst 4th and goal from the 1/2 yard line play of all time to go up 10-3. Stalled out the drive in the because of wrong personnel and ended up with an easy FG that would have made it 10-6 with about 7 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Multiple 1st downs for Florida that were made by inches. A shitload of missed holding calls.

If they even make that FG to make it 10-6 then I think it is an entirely different game. Once they scored to go up 17-3 it broke them.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Iowa continually shot themselves in the foot all game. Kittle drops a sure 1st down pass that would have possibly led to a TD instead of the FG. Beathard misses a TD by inches and gets injured. They call the worst 4th and goal from the 1/2 yard line play of all time to go up 10-3. Stalled out the drive in the because of wrong personnel and ended up with an easy FG that would have made it 10-6 with about 7 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Multiple 1st downs for Florida that were made by inches. A shitload of missed holding calls.

If they even make that FG to make it 10-6 then I think it is an entirely different game. Once they scored to go up 17-3 it broke them.
All that is true but did you ever feel like Iowa was going to win that game? I didn't after the first quarter. That offense is broken, has been for a while now. It is impressive that Iowa somehow managed to beat Michigan with the offensive personnel and scheme they use.

douglasbader

Reaction score

All that is true but did you ever feel like Iowa was going to win that game? I didn't after the first quarter. That offense is broken, has been for a while now. It is impressive that Iowa somehow managed to beat Michigan with the offensive personnel and scheme they use.
I thought if they go up 10-3 they win that game.

Reaction score

In hindsight that's easy to say but if they had gotten a lead in that game it's much different.

That Fant drop was huge too.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score

In hindsight that's easy to say but if they had gotten a lead in that game it's much different.

It's not hindsight, I felt that way when the score was tied. Florida had zero respect for Iowa's passing game from the first snap, it's impressive Wadley ran for 100+ today. It's extremely difficult to score points against a good defense when you throw for a paltry 50 yards in the game.

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score

It's not hindsight, I felt that way when the score was tied. Florida had zero respect for Iowa's passing game from the first snap, it's impressive Wadley ran for 100+ today. It's extremely difficult to score points against a good defense when you throw for a paltry 50 yards in the game.
Was thinking the same thing about Wadley, particularly with the play calling. He is easily the best playmaker on Iowa, and yet we seemed to do very little to get him the ball in open space. More quick pitches so he can get to the edge, hit him out of the backfield on first or second down and let him create. Running a screen for him on third and fifteen doesn't really count. Benching him in the red zone is dumb too.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score

I'm with doug and Hiawatha here. Iowa needed the game to be close to have a chance as the only way for them to moved the ball is by running it. Florida was never going to respect Iowas passing game. And neither did the last 8 teams Iowa played. Once it was 17-3 in the 4th Iowa couldn't have 6 minute drives and it got ugly.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
There was a consensus among college football commentators calling the big ten the best conference in the country this year but kamala got his feelings hurt so the conference sucks.
I'm pretty sure that after the B10's miserable bowl performance commentators will no longer be calling the B10 the best conference in the country. I don't know if a 3-7 bowl performance makes the B10 irrelevant, but it certainly doesn't make them the best conference in college football.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
In Kamala's defense, I'm pretty sure that all the posters who are saying bowl records are irrelevant would be beating their chests for the B10 if the bowl record was 7-3 and not the other way around.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
In Kamala's defense, I'm pretty sure that all the posters who are saying bowl records are irrelevant would be beating their chests for the B10 if the bowl record was 7-3 and not the other way around.
No. The posters saying bowl game records aren't the end all be all are the ones that can actually look at the data without emotion.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
55 yards passing...for a game. LOLOLOLOL.

24 passing attempts garnered 55 yards.

2.3 yards per pass.

7 completions...for 55 yards.

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
55 yards passing...for a game. LOLOLOLOL.

24 passing attempts garnered 55 yards.

2.3 yards per pass.

7 completions...for 55 yards.

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!
How in the good fuck does that not get someone fired?