Game Thread ***OFFICIAL ISU VS IOWA GAME THREAD-6:30 BTN

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
We need to tackle better and get to the QB.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Forgot to add, the BTN show should be in town this week.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
Haven't followed ISU in the offseason. Who's their QB? Lanning? Richardson? Steele Jantz?

douglasbader

Reaction score
Hey there buddy!! I will be on a plane to Iowa on Wednesday. See you fuckers next week!!

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I hope you surprise Brants with a big ol kiss on the lips.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
If we lose I blame NLP.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
ISU's R tackle suspended for.................1 game. Will be back for Iowa game.

Reaction score
Sitting at a pizza joint in STL waiting for take out and some coke bottle wearing, big eared, buck toothed, middle aged broad looks at me and says "Go Cyclones!"

Perfect.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Going in dry next week, boyz.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
last time the clones lost to uni, they beat Iowa. #dontLookPast

Reaction score
Don't ever underestimate Kirk's ability to lose to a lousy Iowa State team. He won't lose this year.
this isn't really true. basically, if Iowa has a good team (really, just a good QB), they win this game. 2002 was really the only exception.

since then

QBs to beat Iowa State

Chandler (lol)
Tate (2x)
Stanzi (3x, or the same number of bowl wins he and Iowa State have)
Rudock
Beathard

QBs to lose to Iowa State

Christensen
Manson (played most of 2005 game)
Vandenberg (2x)
Rudock

Last edited:

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Don't ever underestimate Kirk's ability to lose to a lousy Iowa State team. He won't lose this year.
this isn't really true. basically, if Iowa has a good team (really, just a good QB), they win this game. 2002 was really the only exception.

since then

QBs to beat Iowa State

Chandler (lol)
Tate (2x)
Rudock
Beathard

Christensen
Vandenberg (2x)
So I should be confident drunk walking into Kinnick next weekend?

Reaction score
I can't believe I have so much hate in my heart for the delusional ISU fucks who believe their school is special.

Wild Onion

Banned
Reaction score

since then

QBs to beat Iowa State

Chandler (lol)
Tate (2x)
Rudock
Beathard

Christensen
Vandenberg (2x)
So I should be confident drunk walking into Kinnick next weekend?
You can always be a confident drunk. Kinnick shouldn't stop you from feeling good about your drinking.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Agree with Lime, but think 2005 was gonna be a loss regardless. That game was the second worst I've attended, behind 2014.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score

since then

QBs to beat Iowa State

Chandler (lol)
Tate (2x)
Rudock
Beathard

Christensen
Vandenberg (2x)
Add Rudock to the second list also. As Gus pointed out, 2014 was arguably the worst loss of the bunch.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Iowa will rush for 350 yards this week.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
I predict Josey rapes 3-4 cyclones on the 50 yard line before the game even starts.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score

since then

QBs to beat Iowa State

Chandler (lol)
Tate (2x)
Rudock
Beathard

Christensen
Vandenberg (2x)
Add Rudock to the second list also. As Gus pointed out, 2014 was arguably the worst loss of the bunch.
No arguing about it. Worst loss of the Ferentz era overall, not just Iowa St.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The line was -17 I think before the season, after yesterday I wonder if it will be 20+

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
ISU will probably try to run Warren more Saturday and get Lazard matched up on Mabin every play. But ISU's line is so bad it may not matter. Plus I'm guessing the defensive line is not enjoying today's film session. Hopefully they come out with more energy this week.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
ISU will probably try to run Warren more Saturday and get Lazard matched up on Mabin every play. But ISU's line is so bad it may not matter. Plus I'm guessing the defensive line is not enjoying today's film session. Hopefully they come out with more energy this week.
I also think Parker will throw a few new wrinkles at ISU's o-line. I don't think they ever rushed more than 4 yesterday.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
I also think Parker will throw a few new wrinkles at ISU's o-line. I don't think they ever rushed more than 4 yesterday.
A few more? Sure, but they aren't going to want Lanning running the ball so. . .

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
They blitzed Hockaday a couple of times but you're right for the most part. Iowa played about as bland of defense as they could yesterday.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
27-10 Iowa.

A loss here would be devastating to me, personally.

MickerHawk

Drives a 22R
Reaction score
Once at least, on the sack. Don't remember any others.

Reaction score

since then

QBs to beat Iowa State

Chandler (lol)
Tate (2x)
Rudock
Beathard

Christensen
Vandenberg (2x)
Vandenberg was good one of those years.

Reaction score
As long as Phil Parker puts together a good game plan, Iowa is going to rape room ISU something like 45-17. If Parker pulls the bullshit he pulled against Miami and tells the DL to "contain" Lanning, I could see a 31-28 type game where either side could win.

If Parker just has King shadow Lazard, then brings five rushers every play, Iowa's defense will make Joel Lanning look like Joel Lanning. If we give him all day to throw the ball, we'll make either he or the ISU backup QB look like all conference players.

Last week was a kick in the nuts for the ISU football program, I want this week to be a Hayden-like castration.

Reaction score
As long as Phil Parker puts together a good game plan, Iowa is going to rape room ISU something like 45-17. If Parker pulls the bullshit he pulled against Miami and tells the DL to "contain" Lanning, I could see a 31-28 type game where either side could win.

If Parker just has King shadow Lazard, then brings five rushers every play, Iowa's defense will make Joel Lanning look like Joel Lanning. If we give him all day to throw the ball, we'll make either he or the ISU backup QB look like all conference players.

Last week was a kick in the nuts for the ISU football program, I want this week to be a Hayden-like castration.
phil.parker@uiowa.edu

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

It's almost like you've never watched an Iowa game.

Reaction score

since then

QBs to beat Iowa State

Chandler (lol)
Tate (2x)
Rudock
Beathard

Christensen
Vandenberg (2x)
Vandenberg was good one of those years.
He was good at home but terrible on the road in 2011.

Reaction score
Welcome to Kinnick CMC.

Iowa 41
ISU 16

Edit: Also, Josey gonna fuck some clones up. LeShun and Akrum are going to run all over these big titted fat asses. Bring the hog troughs clones, you are gonna need some fucking ice baths after this ass kicking.

Last edited:

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
This game should not be close. Cannot be close. I'm not risking going, regardless.