**(13) Ohio State vs (5) Iowa Big Ten Tournament, 3-9-23, 1:30PM, BTN**

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Ulis had a cut so had to sit out, should have been in next time out tho.
I have a hard time getting real worried about who is out there if my choices are Ulis or Pat.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
The year over year insistence on having guys as athletically limited as Garza and Rebecca aggressively hedging 35 feet away from the basket pisses me off more than about anything.
I’m not sure I can decide between that and teams seemingly getting a wide open corner three at will after two passes…..repeatedly.
In 5 NCAA tournament games, Connor has a combined:

3 points
10 assists
13 rebounds (9 coming in a single game)

Can't wait to see what this tournament has in store!
35+ minutes and his last game in an Iowa jersey…..forever.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
WHAT A BUNCH OF DICK SUCKING FAGGOTS!!!
The dick sucking and the faggotry is not the problem. That shit can bring locker room unity as long as it doesn't happen with reporters around. I'd gladly take an Iowa team that sucks cock, swallows, felches, takes it in the ass, the whole menu -- as long as they play some fucking defense and keep their heads out of their butts.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’m still trying to figure out how Iowa didn’t come up with that loose ball at the end. I guess they only had 17 chances at it.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Connor earned a bigger roll early in the season by hitting 3s. He had 0 points and was awful today, his shot looks horrible.
For most shooters their body facing toward the front row fans or the half court line doesn’t equate to makes. Connor likes to challenge that idea.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
So many plays that when they happened, especially as they piled up, summed up Iowa basketball in March over the last 25-30 years.

-Kris missing the layup that would've put us up 3 which led to a transition 3.
-Sandfort getting stripped after the great give and go that would have put us up 5-6.
-Perkins throwing a terrible lob to Kris on the break with the lead.
-Perkins missing the wide open 10 footer with the lead.
-Perkins going 0-2 at the line to tie.
-The 3 they hit after the scramble ball at the end of the shot clock.

Then of course Perkins not getting that loose ball with 20 seconds left because he thought he had all day apparently.
Pat gave up offensive rebounds 2 possessions in a row resulting in 5 points

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I’m consistently shocked that teams don’t shoot more corner threes. #4 from OSU should have gotten ten shots from the corner up today. He could just stand there and wait for probably Pat to float away from him like a butterfly on the breeze.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Connor had a stretch in Jan/Feb where he seemingly learned how to become more than just a passer on offense. But lately he’s returned to his old ways of being super deliberate and afraid to shoot once he gets it, which all of course makes it harder to be an effective passer. Absolutely maddening to watch.

Tony had some boneheaded plays today, but giving him the ball and letting him go a la the Illinois game is our best shot at making a run. It’s either that or just getting stupidly lucky shooting out of our ass.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
It did appear they at least tried to play better defense today.

The Counciltucky kid should play more.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
Before the season I didn’t see them as better than a .500 team so I guess I should be thrilled. Still, hard to watch

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Not sure if they mentioned in the broadcast but Connor leads the country in assist to turnover rate

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Pat as Connor's backup is fine, the problem is when they play together.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
I honestly cannot believe he pulled Sandfort for the half with 2 fouls. If anyone can stay out there, it is him.
Those two fouls may have had the least amount of contact I’ve ever seen.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The expectation that Kris was going to be Keegan 2.0 was waaaay off.
IIRC the expectations were that he would take a jump this year but wouldn't be as good as Keegan, which I think is safe to say was accurate. 1st team all big ten, but clearly not what Keegan was last year.

Still improved much more than Fran's kid.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He ain't getting fired, but it isn't inconceivable that next season is his last.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The defensive shit show is a team effort, but Pat is far and away the lone biggest net negative on the D end. AINEC (Connor is limited physically, but at least tries to do something [at least, more often than not])

When PMac's not letting guys drive by him constantly, he's drifting away from his zone assignment after the guy's passed the ball. Allowing an easy pass back for an open look and usually a shot make. I won't even bother bringing up his complete lack of effort on rebounding or even just putting his body in someone's path for a miniscule semblance of blocking out.

The only time that Patrick even tries the slightest bit when Iowa doesn't have the ball, is when he's the point of the 1-2-2 three-quarter court press. Other than that, might as well be playing a man down when the opponent has the ball.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
So when you came back after your 1,000th tearful goodbye and said you turned into IowaFan for a bit and freaked out but then Fran proved you wrong, was that WATT?
Partially. I was RATT as well. I fucking told you Connor sucks donkey dick and it was a wasted year leaving Dix / Bowen to rot on the bench to give Connor 38 fucking minutes a game.

You TOTALLY thought that wasn't the case and so worth a 6th year for him.

It really wasn't and you can own being wrong on that.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
I’m ready for some 1999 style coaching turnover

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
I swear I've never seen a team stand and stare at a loose basketball more times over the course of the season.
There was a time in the second half when a loose ball came to half court and both Tony and Connor had a chance to go and grab it and they just watched it bounce and the tOSU guy just grabbed it and went up court to the hoop.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Imagine if Fran would have had the balls to tell Connor to grow the fuck up and get the fuck out while also developing his young players. I'm guessing that Iowa still would have been capable of a #10 seed.

Hey, let's give Connor 38 minutes in his 9th year. Brilliant.