#2 Iowa vs #15 Grand Canyon University • First Round• 5:25 • TBS

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I am very much looking forward to 1st team douche keegan Murray and 2nd team douche Patrick mccaffery

Best random stat I found from kenpom: I had a bottle of fireball left over from my 40th birthday and it’s fucking GONE.

Reaction score
As much as I know that conference results don't mean a ton in this format, I'd rather the Pac-12 have looked shitty thus far than outperform expectations. I preferred the 1st half of that play-in game where our shitty team totally outclassed their shitty team.

Reaction score
GCU scored 1.17 PPP and got 43% of their misses. Also only turned it over on 11% of possessions while averaging 20% on the year. Not good. Flip side, we scored 1.37 PPP. 4th best of the year and the others were against opponents ranked lower. So that's good.

Also felt like we were kind of coasting the last 10+ minutes with the game comfortable so there's that. Tighten that shit up on Monday.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
GCU scored 1.17 PPP and got 43% of their misses. Also only turned it over on 11% of possessions while averaging 20% on the year. Not good. Flip side, we scored 1.37 PPP. 4th best of the year and the others were against opponents ranked lower. So that's good.

Also felt like we were kind of coasting the last 10+ minutes with the game comfortable so there's that. Tighten that shit up on Monday.
I love you but it’s the tournament and stats don’t fucking matter. I am a numbers guy because it helps me set my expectations for a full season, but this time of year it’s time to grab your fucking wanger and slap Dana Altman in the face. At which point he will say, “that was odd”.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Keegan attacking their zone in the high post was so effortless. Catches the ball at the free throw line, turns around, and doesnt even take a split second to think before attacking.

Impressive poise there for a young guy. He's really a joy to watch in the half court on both sides, and in transition.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Patrick has been so much better this past month. He's going to be very good in 2 years.
he has some nice moves on the offensive end but is invisible rebounding on the other end. If he gets stronger he can make a nice living playing somewhere.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
I hope teams continue to defend Murray like GCU did.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I hope teams continue to defend Murray like GCU did.
I know it has been talked about multiple times, but the difference you get in the tournament in the scouting vs. what you see in the Big Ten is sort of shocking. In the Big Ten the other team knows how many hairs you have on your arms and who your momma banged back in high school.

Grand Canyon clearly didn't scout beyond looking at some numbers and limited film.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
They came out yesterday determine to immediate put their foot on somebody’s neck, and it allowed them to sleep-walk through the rest of the game. That’s a kind of “call your score” effort out of an Iowa team we haven’t seen often, especially in the tournament.

I think Monday is a tough 40, but there’s a chance they bulrush those fuckers.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The lob play over the zone from Joe T to Wieskamp was beautiful. Connor comes from the opposite side to screen the far side zone defender, Keegan sets a basic screen on the big guy and no one is there to defend it.

Last edited:

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
That was just a weird game all around. You are a #2 seed playing a #15 seed, but the crowd is mostly screaming and dancing weirdos from Arizona that were going bonkers hours before the game and throughout the game in a 100 year old shitty arena. Then you throw in a atrocious reffing crew and a team that was looking to try and imitate a hacking Big Ten style and it felt like Iowa knew they were going to win easily but it would be really annoying.

Looking forward to playing at Bankers Life in front of a much more dominant Iowa crowd.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I was extremely overserved last night but I seem to remember Grand Canyon being slightly worse outside shooters than a 1st grade girls team.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Ts an Ps to the grand canyon team, one of their players died in a car accident yesterday.