#2 Iowa vs #7 Oregon • Second Round• 11:10 • CBS

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score
We are gonna fuck them right the fuck up. They don’t have a starter taller than 6-6.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Can we get the spacing on that second dot cleaned up? This team deserves better.

Reaction score
I think we're going to see Connor for a lot more than the 13 minutes he played against the 'lopes as we will need a secondary ball hander on Oregon's pressing.

Most worried about JBo both in terms of handling press, on defense (because all five of their starters are actually 6'6" and on offense because not sure he 'll be able to get his shot off with a much taller defender.

Hope I'm wrong!

Reaction score
I think we're going to see Connor for a lot more than the 13 minutes he played against the 'lopes as we will need a secondary ball hander on Oregon's pressing.

Most worried about JBo both in terms of handling press, on defense (because all five of their starters are actually 6'6" and on offense because not sure he 'll be able to get his shot off with a much taller defender.

Hope I'm wrong!
Does that mean they don’t have any super quick guards then? Cause that would be nice

Reaction score
Ducks seem built like Maryland. Lots of wings and nobody Luka's size down low. Good matchup for Iowa.
That's a good comp. Trying to figure out if they have something closer to a PG. Lack of a true point guard is a main factor in I think what allowed to kick both Maryland and MSU's ass this year.

Reaction score
Oregons leading scorer (Omoruyi) is a transfer from Rutgers. 6'6 230. I don't remember him and from box scorers he was a non factor when they played us.

Reaction score
Ducks seem built like Maryland. Lots of wings and nobody Luka's size down low. Good matchup for Iowa.
Size isn’t perfect on the perimeter but I compare them more to Ohio State. Really good shooting team, really good offense, not great on D. Omoruyi is more of a presence than Maryland really has.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Size isn’t perfect on the perimeter but I compare them more to Ohio State. Really good shooting team, really good offense, not great on D. Omoruyi is more of a presence than Maryland really has.

Shawneemicks

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Is there really a big size discrepancy? Luka, sure but Oregon is likely bigger at every other spot. The length on the perimeter could be a problem for Jordan.

Reaction score
Their starting pg missed most of the season, will Richardson. Looking at game logs -- he plays 35+ and with multiple full 40 minute games.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Anyone still on this roster that played for Oregon in 2018? How does that roster compare to that team? Obviously no Bol or Amin.

Reaction score
Also I assume on defense Iowa might as well just switch on everything and keep Luka down low right?

Has His Own Office
Reaction score
Fucking 9 AM tip. Ah well Iowa by 10. I don't think Oregon is very good, the Pac 10 fucking sucks, and they are rusty and playing early.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
The last two times Oregon played on 10+ days rest they lost at home by double digits to a then 6-5 Oregon State team and lost at home to a shitty Washington State team. Hopefully they are just as rusty tomorrow morning. I think the Hawks win this one by double digits.
Is a million more than one digit?

Reaction score
My verdict after watching several of their games is being confident probably to the point of over confident.

Their Guards are big but not quick to the level of breaking down our defense (which is our main problem). We are going to have to come up with something as Omoruyi is their "5" and he can definitely 'beat garza off the dribble. Their offense seemed to me fairly unstructured 1 on 1 type stuff with occasional dangerous ball movement for open 3s.

On the other hand I have no idea how they are going to stop Garza and our offense. I am thinking 90 points very possible. Their press, at least in the games I watched, was not that aggressive. Their "length" is a 6'8" guy who is basically a poor mans murray or patrick and plays 10 mpg.