#2 Iowa vs #7 Oregon • Second Round• 11:10 • CBS

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't know how you watch a guy sprint from the top of the key to the paint before attempting to come to a screeching halt like scooby-doo or some shit, obviously drag his pivot, and think to yourself he needs more game time to work it out.

I get being sick of unathletic guys, but that doesn't mean you have to pretend Toussaint is being held back by Fran.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I can’t remember who first said it, but “He’d be a lot better if coach would play him more” is an argument you make about a 12 year old, not a Big Ten player.
Joe T looks bad in practice. against our defense.

I’m guessing if Patrick wasn’t his boy he wouldn’t play at all.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
every young player improves when he goes from playing 18 minutes a game to playing 11.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
yeah, right. Im sure JBo clamps down on him and stops him from penetrating.
So you think Fran has on this roster the exact player we need and is not playing him because....stuff?

he’s not that good. There’s more to the game than athleticism, which is how someone like Garza can be two time player of the year.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Joe T will always be a solid backup PG. I welcome the Ahron Ulis era. He hasn’t been given much of a chance and I hope like hell he’s good. Can’t put much on his playing time this year IMO.

Reaction score
across 4 coaches?
Right, point taken. That's where maybe its a program/dept. issue to an extent. Don't know, frustration has me grasping at straws. Why is it across multiple coaches, in multiple eras we haven't been able to push the right buttons? Or get the right pieces in place? I got no answers.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Right, point taken. That's where maybe its a program/dept. issue to an extent. Don't know, frustration has me grasping at straws. Why is it across multiple coaches, in multiple eras we haven't been able to push the right buttons? Or get the right pieces in place? I got no answers.
a statistical anomaly.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It’s kinda the same reason I don’t think Petras will ever be anything more than an average QB.
My 10 year old didn’t take the loss very well. He was disappointedly shooting hoops tonight and said, “they waisted Garza.... and why did they have to start stupid Petras, should’ve been a top five football team”

We went out for Mexican food so he’s doing better now.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
My 10 year old didn’t take the loss very well. He was disappointedly shooting hoops tonight and said, “they waisted Garza.... and why did they have to start stupid Petras, should’ve been a top five football team”

Were you literally shaking?

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score

Did you let him type this for you too?

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

:icon_neutral:

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Arkansas just made their first Sweet 16 since 1996. I was shocked to hear that.
I see what Mussleman has done there, and in two years has an exciting, super athletic team. That was a great hire. It helps the way their bracket shook out, but quite possibly a Final Four team.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
iowa was overrated, and we saw with some earlier games this season what athletic, reasonably well-coached backcourts could do to j bo and cj.

luka got his, and the 2 and 3-star role players got shut down. sucked, but it was nothing we hadn't seen before.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
iowa was overrated, and we saw with some earlier games this season what athletic, reasonably well-coached backcourts could do to j bo and cj.

luka got his, and the 2 and 3-star role players got shut down. sucked, but it was nothing we hadn't seen before.
We were for sure overrated all year. Still were good enough to make at least a sweet 16 run with the right matchups though.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
It turns out Iowa was about the 20-25th beat team. A little sad, but not shitty by any measure.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Way too many on here are viewing the loss yesterday as if Iowa was the only team that had a shit game and was beaten by a lower seed and that means that Iowa sucks and was overrated all year.

In case anyone forgot, the following teams are in the exact same situation....

#1 Illinois
#2 Ohio State
#3 Texas
#3 Kansas
#3 West Virginia
#4 Purdue
#4 Oklahoma State
#4 Virginia
#5 Tennessee

#2 Houston, #3 Arkansas and #5 Creighton were nearly on that list if not for a few lucky breaks.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
Way too many on here are viewing the loss yesterday as if Iowa was the only team that had a shit game and was beaten by a lower seed and that means that Iowa sucks and was overrated all year.

#1 Illinois
#2 Ohio State
#3 Texas
#3 Kansas
#3 West Virginia
#4 Purdue
#4 Oklahoma State
#4 Virginia
#5 Tennessee

#2 Houston, #3 Arkansas and #5 Creighton were nearly on that list if not for a few lucky breaks.
Well, I don't want Iowa on that list.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score

#1 Illinois
#2 Ohio State
#3 Texas
#3 Kansas
#3 West Virginia
#4 Purdue
#4 Oklahoma State
#4 Virginia
#5 Tennessee

Yeah, we’re faggots, but we’re not alone!

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
How would the world react to Stinky’s racist outburst against that poor Waukee kid yesterday?

douglasbader

Reaction score
Iowa was "fine" in the game yesterday until Fran lost his fucking mind and bohannon quit.

Tie game with 2 minutes until half and they go to that stupid fucking zone and immediately give up back to back threes. Then Wieskamp and bohannon take bad shots and they get a run out dunk. Garza misses a couple free throws and Perkins commits a dumb foul. Down 10.

More stupidity to open the half followed by bohannon being a bitch and in the blink of an eye down 16 and barely 2 minutes into the half.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Eight of those from two conferences. Maybe the teams in those conferences were overrated and it wasn’t just upsets.
Or maybe it's the NCAA Tournament and everyone that loses has fans that get really emotional?

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
Iowa was "fine" in the game yesterday until Fran lost his fucking mind and bohannon quit.

Tie game with 2 minutes until half and they go to that stupid fucking zone and immediately give up back to back threes. Then Wieskamp and bohannon take bad shots and they get a run out dunk. Garza misses a couple free throws and Perkins commits a dumb foul. Down 10.

More stupidity to open the half followed by bohannon being a bitch and in the blink of an eye down 16 and barely 2 minutes into the half.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

#1 Illinois
#2 Ohio State
#3 Texas
#3 Kansas
#3 West Virginia
#4 Purdue
#4 Oklahoma State
#4 Virginia
#5 Tennessee

It's confirmation bias. We just don't follow other teams. Our own team's losses hurt us a lot more.

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
A friend was arguing that the Big Ten just lacks the athletes overall and looks slower to the eye. If the NBA draft favors pure athletes over college production, then conference representation might provide a clue. I think this is a year or two old but NBA players by conference:

ACC - 83
SEC - 71
PAC 12 - 67
Big 12 -44
Big 10 - 42

Also, last BT champion was 20 years ago.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score

I'm not a Fran hater but this is what's most frustrating about him. He just doesn't grasp the intensity or elimination basketball. He clearly goes into that zone to avoid fouls before the half because of his bizarre obsession with not just avoiding fouling out but avoiding being kinda close to fouling out.
It' doesn't fucking matter at this point, whatever is working you keep doing it and worry about fucking fouls at the end of the game. This is it. there's no games tomorrow if you fucking lose just keep everyone thats playing well in and when you know the zone doesn't work stop fucking around with it.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
The matchup zone was pretty effective late in the season, at least in comparison to the trash zone we were running in the first half of the year. And it was disruptive when the second unit was in during the first half of the game yesterday. But those last 2 minutes with the starters it was ineffective and it snowballed on Fran quickly.