**2015 Iowa Hawkeye Football Season Thread**

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Rudock's always been right with me.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching him have a slightly less great season than CJ.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
What a great season. 12-2 and likely ranked in top 10.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
We'll see. This might be a chance for voters to give vindication to the throngs of media/nationwide fans that said Iowa was a fraud.

My douchebag buddy that went to Minnesota texted me the "We are who they thought they were" meme in the 2nd quarter. I blocked his number.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
We'll see. This might be a chance for voters to give vindication to the throngs of media/nationwide fans that said Iowa was a fraud.

My douchebag buddy that went to Minnesota texted me the "We are who they thought they were" meme in the 2nd quarter. I blocked his number.
wow, thats Iowa State level of self awareness

Reaction score

I think there's still a pretty good chance that they wind up at 10. #8, #9, #10, #12, and #13 all lost. either #11 or #15 will lose.

Monster

Reaction score

I think there's still a pretty good chance that they wind up at 10. #8, #9, #10, #12, and #13 all lost. either #11 or #15 will lose.
That's what I'm thinking. Plus, does Oklahoma slide a bit lower?

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

That's what I'm thinking. Plus, does Oklahoma slide a bit lower?
Lower than who?

Reaction score

not behind Iowa I don't think.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
Iowa will not be in the top 10 and doesn't deserve to be either after that performance.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Hawks had a great year and they got everything they could out of this team. Have to upgrade the o and d lines and wrs to compete at the highest level.

Monster

Reaction score
Hawks had a great year and they got everything they could out of this team. Have to upgrade the o and d lines and wrs to compete at the highest level.
Couldn't agree more.

Reaction score
Interior OL and DT should be really good next year. OT has some potential with so many guys having experience and at the stage where another year of work could lead to substantial improvement. Don't have the super talented natural LT though.

Really need Ott to get another year. If that happens I think you can get solid production from the other DE spot.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Interior OL and DT should be really good next year. OT has some potential with so many guys having experience and at the stage where another year of work could lead to substantial improvement. Don't have the super talented natural LT though.

Really need Ott to get another year. If that happens I think you can get solid production from the other DE spot.
Gotta get someone at DT that can blow up the run 1-2 times a game. Didn't have that all year.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I also don't think Daniels has the quicks to be an elite back

Reaction score

Gotta get someone at DT that can blow up the run 1-2 times a game. Didn't have that all year.
Jaleel was a stud the first half of the year and did that. I think he's gonna be really good next year.

Reaction score
Watched the game with a friend who isn't an Iowa fan yesterday. When Wadley came in he asked where that guy had been all game. Night and day difference.

DE and WR need to be much better next year for us to be in this position again.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Watched the game with a friend who isn't an Iowa fan yesterday. When Wadley came in he asked where that guy had been all game. Night and day difference.

DE and WR need to be much better next year for us to be in this position again.
I wish we did more screens/pass plays to Wadley. Get him in open space with the ball.

Reaction score
Iowa will not be in the top 10 and doesn't deserve to be either after that performance.
they very well might be, but who are the 10 teams that deserve to be ahead of them?

Clemson, Alabama, Stanford, Ohio State, Sparty, sure. Oklahoma, I guess. from the last AP poll though

#8 Notre Dame lost decisively and is 10-3
#9 Florida State lost decisively and is 10-3
#10 North Carolina lost decisively and is 11-3
#11 TCU, maybe if they beat Oregon
#12 Northwestern, no
#13 OK State was blown out as well
#14 Houston, okay there's 7
#15 Oregon, if they beat TCU I guess they can be but they have three losses, one of them by 40+ points
#16 Ole Miss, probably at this point but I definitely wouldn't say deserved
#17 Michigan/#18 Baylor, really?

Reaction score

DE's got exposed yesterday but they're all we have

Reaction score

DE's got exposed yesterday but they're all we have
And Meier hasn't been Meier since he got hurt vs Purdue. And Hesse (like Lomax) was playing on one leg.

Reaction score
it will be interesting to see how the offense evolves next year. presumably Brian isn't getting less involved (even if GD doesn't retire). based on the flashes if he stays healthy Wadley has the potential to be a dynamic back that you could sort of build the offense around. seemed like Mitchell got more snaps later in the year.

Daniels isn't bad but the more I think about it the more I hope they really try to use DM/AW more for playmaking.

Reaction score
top ten final rankings for Iowa

1939: #9
1953: #9
1956: #3
1957: #6
1958: #2
1960: #3
1985: #10
1991: #10
2002: #8
2003: #8
2004: #8
2009: #7
2015: #9

Monster

Reaction score
Another reason why it would have been cool living in the 50s.

Vepr

Ignorant Slut
Reaction score
I thought we might fall out of the top 10 after the shellacking we took. Good news from a recruiting standpoint.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Ferentz adds on another $250,000 in bonus money with the Top 10 finish.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I thought we might fall out of the top 10 after the shellacking we took. Good news from a recruiting standpoint.
I know as a recruit, I'd be waiting for that final AP poll before I make any important decisions.

Vepr

Ignorant Slut
Reaction score
I know as a recruit, I'd be waiting for that final AP poll before I make any important decisions.
Anyway you look at it finishing up 9th is a selling point especially if we can continue the success next season.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Anyway you look at it finishing up 9th is a selling point especially if we can continue the success next season.
I'm happy we finished in the top 10 for KF more than anything. Going to the Rose Bowl is much more of a selling point than finishing 9th IMO.

Vepr

Ignorant Slut
Reaction score
I'm happy we finished in the top 10 for KF more than anything. Going to the Rose Bowl is much more of a selling point than finishing 9th IMO.
Maybe but I think for the kids they look more at rank than actually going to a particular bowl game. The location and names do not hold the same prestige to these kids that they do for older generations.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Active FBS Head Coaches, Most AP Top 10 Finishes - Since 2002

Nick Saban - 9
Bob Stoops - 8
Mark Richt - 7
Urban Meyer - 7
Les Miles - 5
Gary Patterson - 5
Kirk Ferentz - 5

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
He has a great shot to get there next year as well. What he has done at Iowa is very, very good.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Mark Richt getting run at Georgia shows you how out of control big time college sports are.