**2015 Iowa Hawkeye Football Season Thread**

Reaction score
Mark Richt getting run at Georgia shows you how out of control big time college sports are.
Georgia fans are going to be begging for Richt after Smart only wins 8 games a year and Richt returns the U to national prominence

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Mark Richt getting run at Georgia shows you how out of control big time college sports are.
Iowa was nearly that out of control 6 months ago.
http://www.hawkeyelounge.com/threads/officially-done-with-ferentz-thread.208475/

Downslide
To be fair, I was ready for him to be done too. He seemed tired and burned out last year, and I was convinced most fans were unwilling to give him a chance to bring the program back up.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Not a great comparison. The Georgia fans are far more out of control. Richt's tenure at Georgia was far more consistently successful than Ferentz's at Iowa. 15 seasons, and his teams won fewer than 8 games only once (a 6-7 mark in 2010), while winning 10 or more games ten times.

By comparison Ferentz's teams have won 6 games or less five times, and have only half as many 10-win seasons.

Monster

Reaction score
Not a great comparison. The Georgia fans are far more out of control. Richt's tenure at Georgia was far more consistently successful than Ferentz's at Iowa. 15 seasons, and his teams won fewer than 8 games only once (a 6-7 mark in 2010), while winning 10 or more games ten times.

By comparison Ferentz's teams have won 6 games or less five times, and have only half as many 10-win seasons.
Well, this harkens back to the old argument about whether or not iowa equals Georgia.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

Talk to any non-Iowa fan. They have far less of an opinion about Iowa football than we tend to.

So it's the same. We look at Richt and think their fans are dumb for wanting him gone. They look at us the same way.

Perspective.

Monster

Reaction score
To be fair, I was ready for him to be done too. He seemed tired and burned out last year, and I was convinced most fans were unwilling to give him a chance to bring the program back up.
That says a lot if longsuffering HaMo was near the end. It wasn't Iowa that was out of control, it was KF. He was losing "it", and fortunately he completely reevaluated.
Well, I think you overstated my position a bit there.

Monster

Reaction score
Lol. I'm not prepared for a Hounded discussion today. But to be clear, it wasn't that phrase but the rest of your post that wasn't exactly aligned with my position.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Rotating through radiology currently and several players off this team were featured in various case conferences. It's amazing what some of these guys played on in the rose bowl.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Insides information!!!

Reaction score
Rotating through radiology currently and several players off this team were featured in various case conferences. It's amazing what some of these guys played on in the rose bowl.
Can you reveal particulars without attributing anything to particular players? I would guess not.
pretty sure it's well-known for sure that Hesse, Meier, and Lomax have been playing hurt for some time. don't know about others.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Can you reveal particulars without attributing anything to particular players? I would guess not.
Too risky with HIPAA to discuss particulars.

Last edited:
Reaction score
pretty sure it's well-known for sure that Hesse, Meier, and Lomax have been playing hurt for some time. don't know about others.
Boone Myers too. I think James Daniels and Ike have been dinged up too

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
I feel sorry for whoever had a Penus in their shoulder.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
so just post pics with no information

These are basically what two of the injuries looked like. (Disclaimer: No, they aren't the actual images and they don't have patient info attached to them)
why did they do an arthrogram on the knee rather than just a regular MRI? or did you just find a random image?
Random image demonstrating the injury. It's not really the same location, but similar.

Reaction score
That is quite the AC separation. I am curious if they will repair that or rehab it.
Those hurt like a bitch too. My orthopedic told me that they only do surgery when there's a complete separation from the ligaments. My father has the same issue but has thus refused to do so. Looks like he's got a piece of clavicle sticking out of shoulder

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
That is quite the AC separation. I am curious if they will repair that or rehab it.
Those hurt like a bitch too. My orthopedic told me that they only do surgery when there's a complete separation from the ligaments. My father has the same issue but has thus refused to do so. Looks like he's got a piece of clavicle sticking out of shoulder
I did mine in 2008 while skiing. Was basically told to let it heal on its own or do surgery and place some screws in it (which would take longer to recover). Since I wasn't a professional athlete (way to crush my dreams, doc), they suggested to take it easy and let it heal on its own (with a little minor rehab).

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
I did mine in 2008 while skiing. Was basically told to let it heal on its own or do surgery and place some screws in it (which would take longer to recover). Since I wasn't a professional athlete (way to crush my dreams, doc), they suggested to take it easy and let it heal on its own (with a little minor rehab).

Realistically, if I was a college athlete and done with my playing career, I would just get it repaired.

Reaction score

Realistically, if I was a college athlete and done with my playing career, I would just get it repaired.
Had a similar grade 3 separation about two and a half years ago diving for a ball playing softball. Ended up getting it repaired at the suggestion of the doctor and I'm glad I did. I've got the hamstring from a cadaver in my shoulder, which makes for an interesting story.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights from the 2015 Iowa State game. It fucking sucks Beathard was never that healthy again. It also sucks he didn’t have the receivers Stanley did in 2019.
That ball to McCarron to take the lead was one hell of a throw. Rolling away from his throwing arm, in the corner of the endzone, just past the DB.