Minnesota: #32 Coffey
Iowa: #38 Cook
Indiana: #40 Jones, #51 Davis
PSU: #42 Carr
Michigan: #48 Simpson
Maryland: #49 Huerter, #62 Cowan
Ohio State: #68 Funderburk
Purdue: #88 Edwards

None for Illinois, NW, Wisconsin, Rutgers, or Nebrantska.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Charlie Moore sitting there at #61 and don't have a fucking clue what he is thinking.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Big Ten Top 100 players:

MSU: #8 Bridges, #19 Langford, #31 Winston, #39 Ward

Didn't MSU miss out on Josh Jackson too? Their class would've been ridiculous (and it probably still is).

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Big Ten Top 100 players:

MSU: #8 Bridges, #19 Langford, #31 Winston, #39 Ward

How does Izzo manage to get it done with those kind of recruiting classes?

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I would be fine with Moore/bohannon group for four years.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
For shits and giggles, here's the Big 12. MSU has as many Top 50 players as the entire conference.

Kansas: #2 Jackson, #22 Azubuike, #67 Lightfoot
Texas: #29 Jones, #57 Banks
Oklahoma: #46 McGusty, #69 Doolittle
Baylor: #70 Vital
Iowa State: #100 Long

K-State, Okie State, TT, TCU and WV all with none.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
kinda surprised baylor with only one. I feel like they have recruited better than that over the last few years.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Would Fran make a run at Donovan Jackson if the PG bails on Prohm?
How is he going to bail on Prohm? He signed a letter of intent.
There is talk that he has had some change of thought with Morris returning and Otzelberger leaving. The DMR link attached talks about it. Supposed to be meeting with Prohm to talk it through on Thursday.

All of that said, I believe they would be able to restrict where he goes if they release him. Doubt they would allow that to be Iowa.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/basketball-mens/2016/04/25/top-recruit-isu-meet-prohm-thursday/83520008/

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Much like dondre alexander Devontae Lane may not end up with any high major basketball offers. As a freshman he was physically way ahead of all of his peers and things have evened out.Minnesota is looking at him for at wide receiver.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
One of Iowa’s top targets in the 2016 Recruiting Class recently became available again. As luck would have it, Hawkeye scholarships opened up around the same time.

The two developments rekindled the relationship between Iowa and Chicago point guard Charlie Moore, according to his AAU program. The Mac Irvin Fire and other sources close to the situation told Hawkeye Nation Tuesday the two sides were working on a visit date with it possibly happening as soon as this weekend.

“He likes Iowa,” Mike Irvin of Mac Irvin Fire told Hawkeye Nation on Tuesday.
http://hawkeyenation.com/2016/hawkeyes-involved-charlie-moore

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
One of Iowa’s top targets in the 2016 Recruiting Class recently became available again. As luck would have it, Hawkeye scholarships opened up around the same time.

The two developments rekindled the relationship between Iowa and Chicago point guard Charlie Moore, according to his AAU program. The Mac Irvin Fire and other sources close to the situation told Hawkeye Nation Tuesday the two sides were working on a visit date with it possibly happening as soon as this weekend.

“He likes Iowa,” Mike Irvin of Mac Irvin Fire told Hawkeye Nation on Tuesday.
http://hawkeyenation.com/2016/hawkeyes-involved-charlie-moore

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I would also feel much better about bohannon as a shooting guard first, backup point guard second.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Can't hurt having Tyler Cook in his ear. Also, Moss played with the Fire as well so it'd be pretty easy to get a first hand account of what it's like playing at Iowa and for fran. I still think best case scenario is for Vital to commit elsewhere asap (like today at UCONN) so the staff can move on and set up an official for Charlie. Otherwise, they probably try and get Vital in this weekend.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
They need to get Charlie Fucking Moore on the team. He is exactly what Fran needs and exactly what he's always lacked.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Illinois Mr. Basketball:

2016: Charlie Moore, Morgan Park
2015: Jalen Brunson, Stevenson
2014: Jahlil Okafor, Young
2012-13: Jabari Parker, Simeon
2011: Ryan Boatright, East Aurora and Chasson Randle, Rock Island
2010: Jereme Richmond, Waukegan
2009: Brandon Paul, Warren
2008: Kevin Dillard, Homewood-Flossmoor
2007: Derrick Rose, Simeon
2006: Jon Scheyer, Glenbrook North
2005: Julian Wright, Homewood-Flossmoor
2004: Shaun Livingston, Peoria
2003: Shannon Brown, Proviso East
2002: Dee Brown, Proviso East
2001: Eddy Curry, Thornwood
2000: Darius Miles, East St. Louis
1999: Brian Cook, Lincoln
1998: Frank Williams, Peoria Manual
1997: Sergio McClain, Peoria Manual
1996: Ronnie Fields, Farragut
1995: Kevin Garnett, Farragut
1994: Jarrod Gee, St. Martin de Porres
1993: Rashard Griffith, King
1992: Chris Collins, Glenbrook North
1991: Howard Nathan, Peoria Manual
1990: Jamie Brandon, King
1989: Deon Thomas, Simeon
1988: Eric Anderson, St. Francis de Sales
1987: Marcus Liberty, King
1986: Nick Anderson, Simeon
1985: Ed Horton, Springfield Lanphier

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Unfortunately illinois is also involved and Charlie seems interested in being on a team that will have two other point guards next year (Abrams, Te'Jon Lucas) and for the next few years, including Damonte Williams. Plus, Groce should've already been fired and the only thing saving him right now is an attempt at salvaging a monster in state class in 2017.

Any person with even half of a brain would steer clear of Illinois.

douglasbader

Reaction score
It makes way too much fucking sense for Charlie Moore to pick a good Big Ten school a couple hours away from home where a fellow Top 50 player he is friends with signed that is desperate for a PG.

I give this 0% chance of happening.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
It'd give me some hope that Illinois won't have any scholarships available if Thorne gets his 5th year, but considering a third of their roster is currently awaiting court sentences for assault, it's not difficult to imagine how Groce could come up with an extra scholarship. Sounds like a tailor made Mike Irvin special

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Tyler needs to be in his ear full time. This needs to happen

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
It makes way too much fucking sense for Charlie Moore to pick a good Big Ten school a couple hours away from home where a fellow Top 50 player he is friends with signed that is desperate for a PG.

I give this 0% chance of happening.
No shit, iowa is a fucking no brainer. Start as a freshman next to top 50 big man buddy and potential first round SG who will make a shot every time you pass him the ball. Then become focal point of offense in years 2 & 3.

Or, go to program with a lame duck coach who has instilled a culture of woman beating within the garbage talent around you and start over with a new coach your soph year who will be at best the 10th option of the fanbase and not even sniff the tournament. For what? $50,000 tops?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The only glimmer of hope I have for this to happen is Kakert said on his podcast that he thinks Iowa will just bank the scholarship for the 2017 class since Vital seems set on UCONN.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
If vital chooses uconn and Moore wants to come to Iowa but Fran says no, I won't be pleased.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
This was just posted on the Illinois Rivals site:

As widely reported on Twitter and elsewhere on Tuesday, Illinois appears to be back in the hunt for 2016 point guard Charlie Moore from Chicago Morgan Park.

Moore originally signed with Memphis, but he opened things back up when Tigers’ head coach Josh Pastner departed for Georgia Tech earlier this month.

He now has a list of 10 schools that he will choose from: Vanderbilt, Iowa, SMU, DePaul, Illinois, Miami (Fla.), Western Kentucky, California, UNLV, and Georgia Tech.

With the spring signing period coming to an end on May 18, a final decision could be coming very soon for Moore.

“Probably in the next week or so,” Moore said about his pending decision.

The 5-foot-11 Moore is a 4-star prospect and the No. 54 player in nation according to Rivals.com. He was selected Mr. Basketball in the state of Illinois following a great senior season at Morgan Park.

Though small in stature, Moore put up big time stats, averaging 28 points, seven assists and five steals per game during his senior season. He could provide some instant offense for the Illini should he choose to don the orange and blue.

Since he obtained his release from Memphis, speculation has run rampant on whether Illinois would once again get involved with Moore.

That question was answered when the Illini staff paid Moore a visit last week.

“Coach Groce and Coach Parham came,” Moore said. “They talked about me putting on that Illinois jersey and showing where I’m from, representing the state of Illinois.”

Groce also reportedly sold Moore on the possibility of running in the backcourt with signed point guard Te’Jon Lucas, a 3-star point guard from Milwaukee (Wisc.) Washington.

Lucas is the lone recruit for Illinois in the class of 2016. The Illini also have veteran point guard Tracy Abrams returning from injury this fall.

Illinois was one of the schools who were coming after Moore the hardest before he committed to Memphis in November. Time will tell, but Moore does seem bought in to what Groce is selling.

“It’s a great program,” Moore said. “It’s my home state school, so it’s a great opportunity for me to come in right away and contribute and try to make the tournament.”

The plan now, according to Moore, is to take two visits before making his decision, but he isn’t ready to name what schools he will check out.

He does have a strong idea of what he’s now looking for in the school where he will continue his playing career at the next level.

“Somewhere where I feel comfortable and I have a great relationship with the coaches, and they have a great relationship with my family,” he said.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Well, if he wants to decide within the next week, then it will be good news if he really is setting up a visit to iowa this weekend. If nothing else, a quick decision likely implies he's down to places he's seen before - Iowa, Illinois, NW

douglasbader

Reaction score
This is a joke how much sense it makes and how head shaking it will be when he strings Iowa along again.

douglasbader

Reaction score
He did all of this so he could end right back up with a potential final 2 of Iowa and Illinois.

What a dumbfuck.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
This is a joke how much sense it makes and how head shaking it will be when he strings Iowa along again.
As dumb as this sounds, I wonder how much the Iowa coaches have made Moore reach out to them and used Cook as the guy to get it started.

douglasbader

Reaction score
As dumb as this sounds, I wonder how much the Iowa coaches have made Moore reach out to them and used Cook as the guy to get it started.
I don't think that is dumb at all. They didn't show up on the initial list of schools to contact him after he decommitted and Cook seemed to imply he was asking for permission to reach out to him.