2016 Football Recruiting

Reaction score
After finally looking at Darby's defense stuff, I wonder if he wouldn't be a case of good on offense and great on defense. He has some swag back there.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
After finally looking at Darby's defense stuff, I wonder if he wouldn't be a case of good on offense and great on defense. He has some swag back there.
Be careful using that word here.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I had mentioned how Terry Allen's boy, Chase was being looked at by Iowa. Iowa State just offered him, but no Iowa offer yet.

He's going to Iowa prospect day next week and then plays in the Peach Jam. He's a lower-level D1 basketball recruit, so seeing what what comes from that area.

I would be surprised if he doesn't get offered by Iowa after next weekend. A great athlete and extremely smart kid. He would be a nice fit at tight end.
Recruiting has really picked up for Chase. Offers from several B10 schools, including Michigan. Also Florida State. I'm surprised there is no Iowa offer yet. He will be a very good college tight end.

Reaction score
From TOS:

Offensive lineman Alaric Jackson narrows his list

Detroit Renaissance senior offensive tackle, Alaric Jackson, is one of the top uncommitted prospects in the state of Michigan left. The 6-7, 285-pounder and three-star recruit has offers from all over the Big Ten, and although it is not his final list, he has trimmed it down to a few schools that standout for him right now.

"It's going pretty well," Jackson said of his recruitment. "I like Iowa, MSU, Wisconsin, Nebrantska, and it's a few other schools in mind as well. I had the option to play basketball at a lower level, but I chose the football route."

Jackson has scheduled two visits for later in the month, even with his busy basketball schedule for the Phoenix, who are one of the top teams in the state. He plans to visit Iowa on the 22nd, Nebrantska on the 29th, and has not set a date for when he will visit Wisconsin.

Michigan State is also a school Jackson has expressed interest in, and holds an offer from, but the Spartans might not be an option for him anymore, as he said they have "kind of laid off me."

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Nice post Mike.

The Dad

Reaction score
I really don't give a fuck who he thinks he is, or if he previously decommitted. If he can play and wants to come to Iowa then welcome back aboard.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Little blurb about Nathan Stanley:

"He is obviously a tremendous leader. His junior year, he was injured in the first game and that crushed our season that year. This year we got to the state quarterfinals and our tailback/linebacker, who is going to Wisconsin, got injured. We would have probably make it to the state championship if not.

He is one of the best quarterbacks in the Midwest. One of the reasons he choose Iowa is he gets along well with the coaching staff. His grandparents and mom are from Iowa so he has been an Iowa fan since he was younger. Wisconsin is still working hard on him and he had interest from Stanford, Michigan State, and Minnesota.

He is one of the greatest athletes that I've been around and that includes when I was coaching in Florida. He is very athletic and is not just a big kid that can throw. That is evident watching him play other sports. Barring injury, he'll be our schools all time leading scorer in basketball and that is a record from the 1950s. He can take off and dunk from the free throw line, hit the three, and can handle the ball like a guard. I think he could have been a Division I basketball player if he had chosen to do so. He scored 38 points in our game on Friday. In baseball, he throws 91, 90 so he will be hearing from some MLB scouts. He has as strong of an arm that I've seen at the high school level and had one ball that he threw 72-yards for a touchdown. He has an amazing work ethic and is in the weight room at 6AM every morning. He is a tremendous student. What separates him from most kids is his humbleness and the type of person he is. He doesn't like talking about his individual accomplishments. He should have thrown for a lot more yards this year because we had a lot of drops but instead of getting down on the kid he would pick the kid up. He is about as humble as they come and he is about as classy as they come. He is always going o do what is right and both of our Division I players have been role models. We were fortunate with that both were like that but unfortunately not many kids are like that now. He has a fire to succeed at the college level. He'll do everything exactly right and you won't have to worry about him at the next level. No one will persuade where he is at. He is a kid of great faith.

He is a hardnosed, tough kid. He is unusual because he is big and has long arms but still benches 300 pounds. I'll miss coaching him. The other thing about him is his football smarts. His dad is a coach who he has been on the field since he was knee high standing on the sidelines. He can read defenses and knows things about the game that are hard to coach. He has a great knowledge because of that."

Reaction score
In other news - Toks canceled his visit to Indiana this weekend.

Reaction score
I can see ISU embracing this tactic. They are going to start extending ten offers per player. Why go to Iowa who only thinks enough of you to offer you once?

We are screwed.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score

The Dad

Reaction score
Can't wait to hear what Ferentz has to say about this in his signing day press conference.

Reaction score
Can't wait to hear what Ferentz has to say about this in his signing day press conference.
This would be one instance where, if asked, a "snort" reply would be perfectly acceptable and appropriate way to respond.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Rhoads spending 5 minutes talking about Lazard in the press conference was a slap in the face to the rest of the recruiting class. What a goon.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Rhoads spending 5 minutes talking about Lazard in the press conference was a slap in the face to the rest of the recruiting class. What a goon.
Both McCarney and Rhoades spent way too much time pandering to their fan base. Smart people see through all that "bowl championship, celebrate every success" bullshit.

Reaction score

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Didn't he also bring Lazard's LOI with him to show everyone?

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Both McCarney and Rhoades spent way too much time pandering to their fan base. Smart people see through all that "bowl championship, celebrate every success" bullshit.
Not a whole lot of those in that fan base.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score