2016 Football Recruiting

Reaction score
Has there been any update on the big OL out of SD?
Forget about him. He's within 4 hrs of Ames.
Matt Farniok. 247 has him as a Husker lean, but I think it's the only place he's taken an official. He's an Army AA kid, so maybe he's announcing at the game.
Can't get fired up about this one, for some reason. And Phil needs another guy. Maybe a guy that allows Phil and Bobby to fight over a (prospective) new guy and Rugamba. How Jay Scheel looks in bowl prep could be important.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I don't think so. I believe Tavian still lives in Naperville with other old Iowa players like Kevin Kasper, etc. Travian it appears plays in Evanston.

Reaction score
Our QB recruit Stanley got bumped to 4 stars on Scout. I think Scout is pandering to try to get Iowa subscribers (Lattimore is a 4* there too) but thats good to see.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Our QB recruit Stanley got bumped to 4 stars on Scout. I think Scout is pandering to try to get Iowa subscribers (Lattimore is a 4* there too) but thats good to see.

Haven't Scout's rankings historically been the least accurate of the major recruiting sites?

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
If I was on the fence about subscribing to Scout.com them bumping our QB commit to a 4 star would seal the deal.

Reaction score
Guess he's taking visits including Iowa, not committed to Iowa yet

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
If this is true, then there is another scholarship opening up, and fuck that.

Reaction score
Just read a story that Minnesota was losing a 4 star RB Jeff Jones to Iowa Western because of academics.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Jeff Jones? He was supposed to be a stud but has switched positions twice and appears to be legitimately stupid.

Reaction score
I report you decide- there was some discussion about possible concussion. But it does sound like he is/ was borderline

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Sam Brodner induced power-bone pushing the limits of my old dockers.

Come to Butthead.

Reaction score
Frank Darby won POY for his entire county.
I sure wish he'd have a freak spurt and grow to 6-3.
I'd settle for him at current size as a poor mans jeremy maclin.

I think the WR recruitment is in some ways related to the coaching staff's visit to Oregon and realization they thrived by taking the guys who were too small for USC and UCLA out of CA. Obvioously Iowa wants to get maybe 1/3rds to a half big receivers for blocking packages, but in three Wrs sets our last two classes are def on the right track.

Reaction score
Looking at his "playoff highlight" vid, he (Brodner) could pass for a Wegher brother. Fast, strong, not much for moves. A bit stiffer looking than Brandon, however. Ran an electronic 4.49 at a camp last summer, to go with a 39"+ vertical. 5-9.5 and 215. Good receiver. Wouldn't trade him for any of our incoming guys. (Even though I ain't all that sold on Toks, personally.)

Reaction score
Based on past events, I'm sure ISU fans are outraged that their new coach is trying to flip a recruit committed to another school.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Do you think he'd be pissed if he found out they painted a #70 on a Jaleel Johson silouette & sent it to him...?
He's a teenager and it is an animated picture of what he perceives to be himself doing the most trendy dance in America in an Iowa jersey. He is eating that shit up.

Iowa has really stepped up their in their media department for the football program. New Kirk.

Reaction score
I've gone back and forth on Big Frank. Ga-ga at first, then thought I'd overestimated his speed. But whatever he is physically, he's a definite ballplayer.

I imagine him, as with two other New York-New Jersey two-stars named Canzeri and Wadley, playing in a Dowling-Valley-Ankeny-Cedar Falls-Bettendorf uniform. Seems like all three would be regarded as all-time great Iowa HS players. And more often than not, that results in a pretty fair college player.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Darby's highlight tape. The catch at the one minute mark is Odell Beckham-esque.

I like the video, and not to pick on you, but not every one-handed grab warrants a mention of OBJ.
Darby's highlight tape. The catch at the one minute mark is Odell Beckham-esque.

I like the video, and not to pick on you, but not every one-handed grab warrants a mention of OBJ.
Lets go with Clinton Solomon against Utah Sate in 2002 instead.