2016 Football Recruiting

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
To be fair, the above guy said it was both sad and awesome, but this dude is PUMPED.

Ok guys it really is time to drink the kool aid.... We're watching ISU history right now.....

2015 - 71
2014 - 52
2013 - 65
2012 - 76
2011 - 69
2010 - 73
2009 - 80
2008 - 57
2007 - 69
2006 - 59

This class will more then likely be the best recruiting class in ISU history.....Thats something to build on!!!! Say what you want about developing players - but, talent is talent.... Great Job to these coaches - and i was worried they couldn't recruit - boy was i sadly mistaken!!!!

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Fant makes 20. Still have Stanley, Simon, Welsch and Darby to sign. Think there will be any last minute surprises this year (besides Jackson)?

V

valp0

Signing day is a bitch when your football team is signing 25 guys and sports info is a one man office.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
i think rivals crashed again for a while on signing day. It happens every year

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
A decent class. Seems a bit better than last couple years but I still think Iowa is a program that should be able to pull in a class ranked in the high 20's to low 30's every year. We clown ISU's class but they are not ranked that much lower than we are by most sites.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
The fact that Iowa still struggles to pull in 4* OL just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Reaction score
Other than Darby, I don't see much speed at receiver. That to me is the greatest weakness in this class.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Nice to see both teams gaining, not losing on signing day.

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Reaction score
The fact that Iowa still struggles to pull in 4* OL just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
To me it's struggling to pull in top RBs.
I don't know about that, we had 4 pretty serviceable RB's this year. The lack of size, speed, and talent at WR has been a problem forever. My concern next year is simply CJB not having anyone open to throw the ball to.

V

valp0

I don't know about that, we had 4 pretty serviceable RB's this year. The lack of size, speed, and talent at WR has been a problem forever. My concern next year is simply CJB not having anyone open to throw the ball to.
But that kind of makes sense. Iowa's never been a throw it 60 times a game team. As much as they run, it's surprising they can't get a high-level RB recruit.

Reaction score
Jerminic Smith is going to be a star

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Reaction score
But that kind of makes sense. Iowa's never been a throw it 60 times a game team. As much as they run, it's surprising they can't get a high-level RB recruit.
We've gotten 4* running backs several times in the past. They always have just transferred or been psychos. Who was the last 4* WR we have got?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
This Harbaugh thing is fucking weird. Recruiting jumped the shark that jumped the shark.

Reaction score
Reaction score
It was evident on more than a few occasions last season that CJB didn't give two shits if the receiver was open before rifling a dart. He'll put it where only his guy can catch it, coverage be damned.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Morehouse asked Kirk about this sometime this season I believe. He said Kirk basically said 'Yeah, it doesn't really make any sense at all. But in recruiting logic is rarely used.'

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
You can play in a pro style offense that focuses on the run with a bunch of future NFL players opening holes and not a log-jam of 5-stars competing for carries? Fuck yeah I'm going to Iowa.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
With Stanley on board now are all of the commits signed?

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
All but Darby. Might have to throw a penny in the wishing well for that one.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Reaction score
Sounds like Darby hasn;t taken the SAT yet which is why he wasn't able to visit and why he's not signing.

He was supposed to take it on Jan 23rd but it got cancelled due to the blizzard out there,.