2016 Football Recruiting

Reaction score
I don't get why we didn't/don't let him sign a LOI. The worst that can happen is that he doesn't pass clearinghouse and goes to prep school for a semester, which is apparently what we want.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Lance Billings heading home to Ohio. Will not enroll at Iowa.

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
Iowa really needs to focus and target kids who want to be Hawks. Clearly Billings, who reminded me of a Tim Dodge/DJ Johnson mix was not interested in being a Hawk therefore he was not wanted anyway.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Sounds like it's a football thing and not an Iowa thing. He just doesn't want to play football.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
yeah he won't be kicking himself for that decision in the future or anything.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
All are Lances gay or just most of them?

Reaction score
Stale info, but Billings apparently reported in horrible shape and was getting it big time from Doyle. Several incomers reportedly showed up in poor shape. Hockenson was mentioned as one reporting in great shape. The walk-on RB from Fort Dodge (Sam Cook) is supposedly killing it, too, prompting coaches to tell him not to gain weight for FB and that he'll start out at RB. The reporting poster also mentioned Toks speed has been impressive.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Stale info, but Billings apparently reported in horrible shape and was getting it big time from Doyle. Several incomers reportedly showed up in poor shape. Hockenson was mentioned as one reporting in great shape. The walk-on RB from Fort Dodge (Sam Cook) is supposedly killing it, too, prompting coaches to tell him not to gain weight for FB and that he'll start out at RB. The reporting poster also mentioned Toks speed has been impressive.
the 2016 class did have a lot of guys with "baby fat". Did you hear any other names of who looked good or bad? One of my b-i-l lives in fort dodge and said cook will be a good one

Reaction score
the 2016 class did have a lot of guys with "baby fat". Did you hear any other names of who looked good or bad? One of my b-i-l lives in fort dodge and said cook will be a good one
No, just what I mentioned (was from an HR poster). It was mentioned that Cook has the fastest 10-yard time. That kid will at least be a kid that people will hate to practice against, I'll betcha.

Reaction score
Hopefully a few of the youngsters at the DT, CB and safety positions emerge. Depth at those positions looks really weak after this year.

Reaction score
Sam Cook is a heck of an athlete. Period

Reaction score
So far we've gotten tidbits about Hockenson and Fant impressing from VB and CJB. Lattimore from Reece Morgan. Now Wade and Jones at LB from Jweel.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Saw this feature on Darby today and wanted to refresh my memory on why he didn't make it to Iowa.

This thread has some TAEKS! Ended up being one helluva class.