2017 Football Recruiting

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Not so fast! Elbert was the 9th rated OT in the nation going in to his senior year of high school. Had an injury early in the season, didn't play again, and his stock dropped. Prior to the injury he was a top recruit offered by Bama and Ohio State. If he can get healthy I'd say it's a yuge get. Just yuge.
So you are telling me that best case scenario is he might be able to play about 4 years from the last time he took a snap? That is if he is able to recover from injuries a struggling program deemed to be career ending and were more than happy to cut him loose?

Lol.
It might not be YUGE. But it's a roster spot that is either taken by him or some dude that definitely isn't going to see the field for 3-4 years. The upside is worth the almost non-existent risk.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Not so fast! Elbert was the 9th rated OT in the nation going in to his senior year of high school. Had an injury early in the season, didn't play again, and his stock dropped. Prior to the injury he was a top recruit offered by Bama and Ohio State. If he can get healthy I'd say it's a yuge get. Just yuge.
So you are telling me that best case scenario is he might be able to play about 4 years from the last time he took a snap? That is if he is able to recover from injuries a struggling program deemed to be career ending and were more than happy to cut him loose?

Lol.
It might not be YUGE. But it's a roster spot that is either taken by him or some dude that definitely isn't going to see the field for 3-4 years. The upside is worth the almost non-existent risk.
Correct, it is a glorified walk on you hope can regain form somewhere around 2019. If a single fan sees it as more, then you are worse than Cyclone Fanatic morons.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score

Lol.
I'm not trying to tell you a goddam thing.

Monster

Reaction score
BTW, he took a snap in 2015.

Monster

Reaction score
Shoulder in HS. Reaggravated in college is what I saw on Reddit.

Monster

Reaction score
Everything? Really? Everyfuckingthing is funny about me being on Reddit?

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Probably currying favor with all the libs on there.

Mustangs989

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Wirfs is extremely athletic/skilled for a guy his size. He hit 2HR's in his first baseball game of the year last year after barely practicing because he was busy doing track where he won state shotput. His question has always been work ethic but from what I've heard he's really got after it his senior year. If he takes to Iowa coaching well he will be a stud.

Him impressing enough to bebumped to a 4 star after the all american game when he was cutting 15 pounds for wrestling was a really good sign.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Seems like a quality kid from a character and work ethic perspective. Clearly he is a physical specimen. I think he's a three year starter.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I see Lombardi lost in the state wrasslin finals. good for him

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Hard to say without seeing what led up to the call, imo

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Seems like a quality kid from a character and work ethic perspective. Clearly he is a physical specimen. I think he's a three year starter.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in the two deeps as a RS FR

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
It was a terrible call. Other dude jumped the whistle for the shoot. The takedown in OT to give the guy the win was bad too. Valley folks (on this rare occasion) have the right to be pissed.

To top it off, the dude that won is going to Nebrantska.

Reaction score
It was a terrible call. Other dude jumped the whistle for the shoot. The takedown in OT to give the guy the win was bad too. Valley folks (on this rare occasion) have the right to be pissed.

This.

Lombardi legitimately got hosed by the ref. And I don't know how the hell they ruled the OT takedown a takedown.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score

You're going to have to forgive me, I'm unable to get too upset over a Nebrantska vs Michigan state fuckfest