2018 Football Recruiting

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
According to rivals Jayden McDonald is going to commit to the Hawks tomorrow night. Solid get out of Georgia, where they've had a hard time recruiting, and at a position of need.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
According to rivals Jayden McDonald is going to commit to the Hawks tomorrow night. Solid get out of Georgia, where they've had a hard time recruiting, and at a position of need.
@AZmess that new coach already paying off?

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
The talent in Georgia is just nuts

They have 5 in-state 5 star kids....and 27 in-State 4 star kids

27!!!!!

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I assumed McDonald was going to Ole Miss.

Pleasantly surprised if true.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Info I was given made it seem a certainty that he was going to ole miss

I was the source of that info though, so could be erroneous.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Multiple Ole Miss people putting in CB predictions to Iowa for McDonald. That seems like a good thing.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
This will be the new fullback. With this name, Kirk has no choice.

How does West Lyon continuously put out D1/D2 caliber athletes?
Darrin Naatjes is still one of the best athletes I have ever seen in my life in person. Dude was a monster. Our 4x200 anchor was a well-built dude who ran a sub-22 and Naatjes dwarfed him running side by side.

Reaction score

Darrin Naatjes is still one of the best athletes I have ever seen in my life in person. Dude was a monster. Our 4x200 anchor was a well-built dude who ran a sub-22 and Naatjes dwarfed him running side by side.
Played against West Lyon in baseball Naatjes senior year (I was a junior).

I didnt see the first pitch he threw. Heard it though. 95+ from a dude his size is just something you’re not used to in a 1a school.

They played before us the next day in same tourney and he hit a ball that promptly entered orbit.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

Their football team with Naatjes and Kyle VandenBosch was great (we still smoked them twice)

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Fended off Ole Miss' bagmen

Good deal. Sad news about his Aunt Whit, though.

Edit: I don't know fuck all about social media, but it appears that this may be a real thing, and he may really have an Aunt Whit who has passed on. If so, I am a piece of shit. Sorry, Jayden. Hey, Go Hawks tho amirite?!?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Watched 3 minutes of his hudl video...he’s definetely playing outside linebacker and looks to have Niemann/Kirksey type skills.

eclone

Reaction score
Their football team with Naatjes and Kyle VandenBosch was great (we still smoked them twice)
Lavar Woods?
Lavar was older, but yes also dominant in small school NW Iowa football

Revolver

Reaction score
Watched 3 minutes of his hudl video...he’s definetely playing outside linebacker and looks to have Niemann/Kirksey type skills.
Instincts are great. There was a game where the other team was running a read option and he was destroying the QB every time.

Revolver

Reaction score
This might contend for my favorite recruiting class of the Ferentz era.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Rev just fucked this class hard.

eclone

Reaction score

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Lavar was older, but yes also dominant in small school NW Iowa football
Am I completely misremembering that woods and Vandenbosch played together?
No you're right Woods was a year older and they were teammates, but Woods and Naatjes didn't play together. And I didn't play against Woods.
Naatjes older brother was friends with a friend of mine from high school. I remember hearing about Darin even when he was early in high school. Freak.

eclone

Reaction score
Am I completely misremembering that woods and Vandenbosch played together?
No you're right Woods was a year older and they were teammates, but Woods and Naatjes didn't play together. And I didn't play against Woods.
Naatjes older brother was friends with a friend of mine from high school. I remember hearing about Darin even when he was early in high school. Freak.
Freak is definitely the right word.
The high school section of his bio from when he played baseball at Stanford:
High School - A 1999 graduate of West Lyon High School ... An incredible four-sport athlete as a prep ... Compiled a .507 career batting average as a centerfielder to go along with 22 home runs, 10 triples, 117 RBI and 45 stolen bases in a mere 205 at bats ... Posted a career ERA of 1.44 with 182 strikeouts in 125.2 innings of work on the hill ... Named to Baseball America's Preseason All-American team as a senior after hitting .621 with eight home runs, 27 RBI and 11 stolen bases as a junior ... Selected to the All-State baseball team for three seasons and led his club to the state tournament as a freshman ... Played seven different positions in football and twice earned All-State honors ... Led his squad to a state title in football as a senior ... School's all-time leader in basketball for points scored (1213) and rebounds (708) ... Won two state track and field titles (long jump, 4x100 meter relay) as a junior ... Earned Parade All-American honors as an "athlete" in football as a senior ... Named All-State in football and basketball two times each ... Graduated with a 4.0 GPA and was a member of the National Honor Society

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Freak is definitely the right word.
The high school section of his bio from when he played baseball at Stanford:
High School - A 1999 graduate of West Lyon High School ... An incredible four-sport athlete as a prep ... Compiled a .507 career batting average as a centerfielder to go along with 22 home runs, 10 triples, 117 RBI and 45 stolen bases in a mere 205 at bats ... Posted a career ERA of 1.44 with 182 strikeouts in 125.2 innings of work on the hill ... Named to Baseball America's Preseason All-American team as a senior after hitting .621 with eight home runs, 27 RBI and 11 stolen bases as a junior ... Selected to the All-State baseball team for three seasons and led his club to the state tournament as a freshman ... Played seven different positions in football and twice earned All-State honors ... Led his squad to a state title in football as a senior ... School's all-time leader in basketball for points scored (1213) and rebounds (708) ... Won two state track and field titles (long jump, 4x100 meter relay) as a junior ... Earned Parade All-American honors as an "athlete" in football as a senior ... Named All-State in football and basketball two times each ... Graduated with a 4.0 GPA and was a member of the National Honor Society
I've never heard of this guy. Did he play any sport in college?