2018 Football Recruiting

Reaction score
Naatjes older brother was friends with a friend of mine from high school. I remember hearing about Darin even when he was early in high school. Freak.
Freak is definitely the right word.
The high school section of his bio from when he played baseball at Stanford:
High School - A 1999 graduate of West Lyon High School ... An incredible four-sport athlete as a prep ... Compiled a .507 career batting average as a centerfielder to go along with 22 home runs, 10 triples, 117 RBI and 45 stolen bases in a mere 205 at bats ... Posted a career ERA of 1.44 with 182 strikeouts in 125.2 innings of work on the hill ... Named to Baseball America's Preseason All-American team as a senior after hitting .621 with eight home runs, 27 RBI and 11 stolen bases as a junior ... Selected to the All-State baseball team for three seasons and led his club to the state tournament as a freshman ... Played seven different positions in football and twice earned All-State honors ... Led his squad to a state title in football as a senior ... School's all-time leader in basketball for points scored (1213) and rebounds (708) ... Won two state track and field titles (long jump, 4x100 meter relay) as a junior ... Earned Parade All-American honors as an "athlete" in football as a senior ... Named All-State in football and basketball two times each ... Graduated with a 4.0 GPA and was a member of the National Honor Society
I've never heard of this guy. Did he play any sport in college?
:icon_neutral:

Edit: He also played football at Stanford.

Reaction score
We picked up a lot of good walkons this year, this is probably the most talented one.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Hope he handles booze better than his bro

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Thinking about what Parker can do with Roberts, Johnson and Brents has me excited.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Not sure why but I'm most excited about the 2 star linebackers Benson and Klemp.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Also, apparently that linebacker that visited a couple weeks ago that everyone thought was going to Florida State picked Indiana.

Reaction score
DJ Johnson has a real chance to be a starter at some point next year. I forgot how impressive his tape is.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Also, apparently that linebacker that visited a couple weeks ago that everyone thought was going to Florida State picked Indiana.

What?!?!?!? Why in the world would someone pick Indiana over FSU....or even Iowa???

Bob

Reaction score
Yeah objectively McDonald is more exciting and extremely likely to play next year.
If he were 10-20 pounds bigger I'd agree, but he's pretty small for a LB right now. I think he redshirts a year to add weight, but after that he can definitely play early. He looks born to play the OLB spot, he's so rangy and natural looking in coverage

Agree with The Other Bob that DJ Johnson has the best chance to start early. That's a position where we haven't been shy throwing freshmen in lately and his tape is unreal

Reaction score
Yeah objectively McDonald is more exciting and extremely likely to play next year.
If he were 10-20 pounds bigger I'd agree, but he's pretty small for a LB right now. I think he redshirts a year to add weight, but after that he can definitely play early. He looks born to play the OLB spot, he's so rangy and natural looking in coverage
He told TOS he is at 220 lbs now. He's basically where Kirksey was as a true sophomore.

Bob

Reaction score
He told TOS he is at 220 lbs now. He's basically where Kirksey was as a true sophomore.
Is he? I guess I missed that, he's listed most places at around 200. If it's closer to 220 then yeah he can play, that's not much smaller than Neimann. He and Doyle both have good shots at early playing time with LB so wide open

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Is Northwestern normally that shitty when it comes to recruiting? If so, you have to respect what Fitzgerald is doing over there.

Bob

Reaction score
Is Northwestern normally that shitty when it comes to recruiting? If so, you have to respect what Fitzgerald is doing over there.
They've been better recently and pulled in some relatively high profile four star type kids (Jackson, the really good running back who just graduated was a big recruit), but there's still a pretty hard cap on how high they can get because their recruiting pool is limited by academic standards in a way that most of the conference isn't.

Bob

Reaction score
How is Minnesota that high? Did they have 30 commits?
26, which is tied with OSU for biggest class in the conference. For whatever it's worth rivals has them below Iowa in their class rankings. I think ultimately there isn't much difference. Fleck is a really good recruiter but he's not going to be able to recruit circles around the competition at Minnesota like he did in the MAC.

CamelTones

Reaction score
It's funny seeing a Michigan article talk about being the first to offer a recruit and not land him. Welcome to most programs world.