2018 Football Recruiting

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
The Register has generally done so nice job with recruiting so far this year (Matthew Bain has been especially awesome). Here's a nice intro to all the walk-ons, complete with Hudl videos. I'm all in on the midget running back with the fake 4.4 40 time

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/football-recruiting/2018/02/08/meet-iowa-footballs-robust-2018-class-walk-recruits-tyler-barnes/315573002/
He looks like he’s standing straight up when running,

He reminds me of someone who use to play at Iowa but I can’t place it.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The Register has generally done so nice job with recruiting so far this year (Matthew Bain has been especially awesome). Here's a nice intro to all the walk-ons, complete with Hudl videos. I'm all in on the midget running back with the fake 4.4 40 time

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/football-recruiting/2018/02/08/meet-iowa-footballs-robust-2018-class-walk-recruits-tyler-barnes/315573002/

Marcus Schnoor?

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score

*used

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score

Greg Garmon perhaps.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score

Marcus Schnoor?
Yes. Thank you

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

it was probably a legit hand-timed 4.4, everyone runs 4.4-4.6 if you ask them.

Reaction score

I must say, I've enjoyed the walk-on recruiting season as much or more than the scholarship recruiting season. If all you knew was those films, Subbert is a more dynamic player than Waggoner. (Also can't get Waggoner's 5.16 40 out of my mind.) The Timm kid looks better on his film than a couple of our scholarship inside LB. It'll be a shame if he gets hurt and can't put his best foot forward. (Riggs is a really good player, but I wonder if he's just too stiff for the big show.) Joe Evans is a really good athlete, so it's just a matter whether he can transition like a certain former ISU QB. (Better athlete than Doyle to this untrained eye.) One of those OL will find the field sometime. And the guys that don't make it and remain healthy can still transfer down and play a couple of years somewhere.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score

I only run a 4.7

Bob

Reaction score
His frame does not look well suited for DT to me at all. I know they're doing it with Matt Nelson, but that was a combination of desperation for any bodies at DT and wanting to get AJE on the field.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score

I only run a 4.7
That reminds me of a time when an acquaintance claimed he was faster than Scott Chandler after seeing his combine time.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
40 times are one of my favourite football message board conversations. Every kid in America runs a sub 4.5 forty in high school and a 250 lb tight end that runs a 4.7 is slow.

Bob

Reaction score
People pretty much only encouter 40 times in the context of the NFL combine, which by definition is filled with nothing but freakishly gifted athletes, so they don't realize that even running in, like, the mid 5s is incredibly fast by normal human standards

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
40 times are one of my favourite football message board conversations. Every kid in America runs a sub 4.5 forty in high school and a 250 lb tight end that runs a 4.7 is slow.
When I was in HS our 4 x 100 relay team won state in 4A.

Fastest kid on that unit ran a 4.7.

Needless to say, I am highly skeptical of claimed 40 times.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
In a Courier preview of the 1994 season the Dunkerton coach claimed- in print- that they had several guys who ran sub-4.3 40’s

opiate of the masses

Not Executive Material
Reaction score
That reminds me of a time when an acquaintance claimed he was faster than Scott Chandler after seeing his combine time.
Please share the whole story, Mr. Wolsey.
He was forced to go to a track and prove it....which he obviously failed to do.
Sounds like @The Incredible Hawk always bragging about how ripped he is. Then he is challenged to post a shirtless pic... which he obviously fails to do

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Hand timed 40s in high school football were the best. Think we had like 10 guys get a 4.6 and probably 2 of them were actually under 5.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
People pretty much only encouter 40 times in the context of the NFL combine, which by definition is filled with nothing but freakishly gifted athletes, so they don't realize that even running in, like, the mid 5s is incredibly fast by normal human standards
Huh. I don’t feel incredibly fast.

CUIHAWK

Loves the clock
Reaction score
We have a pretty fast sb team then...

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
I just stalked @The Incredible Hawk ’s Facebook page and wade is a liar and a scumbag. I had to scan all the way back to 2013 for a shirtless pic.

TIH does have a 6 pack though...which is disappointing.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
The Incredible Hawk should be incredibly fit just from carrying his slug brother around for all these years

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Please share the whole story, Mr. Wolsey.
Sounds like @The Incredible Hawk always bragging about how ripped he is. Then he is challenged to post a shirtless pic... which he obviously fails to do
This has never happened. Again, I DGAF what a 50-year-old weirdo going through some kind of midlife crisis thinks about how I look, nor should anyone else. You do you man.

opiate of the masses

Not Executive Material
Reaction score
This has never happened. Again, I DGAF what a 50-year-old weirdo going through some kind of midlife crisis thinks about how I look, nor should anyone else. You do you man.
If I ever see you irl you are gonna get a solid ass kicking

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
HEY EVERYONE

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I had a hand timed 40 just under 6 flat in HS.

So I have (had) that going for me.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I think Waggoner's future is at DT or OL.

He’ll be at OT pretty soon
I just wonder how he would react to that. (Not to mention expert fans wondering "why in the hell is Ferentz moving a 4-star DE to offense ?" )

No idea obviously. But if the reports from people that have seen him a lot in person are to be believed, he lacks that elite burst to be a difference making DE at the college level

And Iowa is probably deepest at the DL as they have been in a long long time

I have zero clue how he would actually look at OT. That’s simply a wild ass guess based on those reports mentioned above, and the pictures/videos I’ve seen. That kid just LOOKS like an OT to me

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I see some Bryan Mattison when I watch Waggoner. As it turned out, Mattison ended up playing O-line after leaving Iowa.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
All we need is the Looker and Monster arguing about their 40 times in here and we’ll have a full fuckin’ thread, boys. Bring it in.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
All we need is the Looker and Monster arguing about their 40 times in here and we’ll have a full fuckin’ thread, boys. Bring it in.
Seems like something they should wager on