***2019-2020 Iowa Basketball Season Thread***

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I miss those old days. Raycom network. Maryland directional schools. 30 point November and December blowouts. Hawkeye Classic. Coppin State.

Those were the days.
Sober (to call the game) Mac and Larry

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
In the early years he would schedule one or two quality opponents that they usually managed to ambush -- I recall them going 3-2 vs. Arizona, UNLV, UCLA, and UNC in 88-91. Then he started just playing pansies until Big Ten season....

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I miss those old days. Raycom network. Maryland directional schools. 30 point November and December blowouts. Hawkeye Classic. Coppin State.

Those were the days.
Marathon Oil

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Troy Skinner dribbling the ball off his foot unopposed.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Nostalgia is a disease.
The older I get, the less nostalgic I become.

My brother in law is chronically nostalgic, and it almost is like a disease. He is constantly wanting to go back to places he has already been and relive things has already done. I think he thinks it's charming and sweet but it's actually disturbing and weird.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score

Those were the days.
Loved when it was called the Super Chevy Shootout.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I once sat with deuce while he had no less than 65 wings. It was quite the spectacle.
One time in Chicago I watched Deuce and Andre the Giant go beer for beer until Andre passed out. Deuce then threw the Giant over his shoulder but soon also fell asleep, leaving Andre upside down whilst Deuce slept on a beanbag chair.

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
One time in Chicago I watched Deuce and Andre the Giant go beer for beer until Andre passed out. Deuce then threw the Giant over his shoulder but soon also fell asleep, leaving Andre upside down whilst Deuce slept on a beanbag chair.
Reminds me of the time I ran into drunk Deuce at State Street Brats and he threw me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.