***2019-2020 Iowa Basketball Season Thread***

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I have no doubt that Jordan was a bit frustrated with his role in the offense but that was nearly three years ago. I’m guessing he also realized that not a lot of top schools want a one dimensional player.

What in the fuck is wrong with the people on CF? is there some Hawkeye board I don’t know about that makes shit up about cyclone players and they are retaliating? What a bunch of fucking fat psycho incels.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I have no doubt that Jordan was a bit frustrated with his role in the offense but that was nearly three years ago. I’m guessing he also realized that not a lot of top schools want a one dimensional player.

What in the fuck is wrong with the people on CF? is there some Hawkeye board I don’t know about that makes shit up about cyclone players and they are retaliating? What a bunch of fucking fat psycho incels.
Go on

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Go on
half that board perfectly fits the lone school gunman profile.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Long was hurting bad out on the court, you could see it those last couple of games before he shut it down. Arrogant prick bohannon was getting around on the court just fine, just didn't wanna end his underwhelming college career end with a 2 for 12 night.
The Naz comparison is amazing. Naz was and still is 5 times the player Joe Blow is in his dreams and is not an enormous dbag
Naz was pushing through until Deonte became eligible to take his place, though, and the fact the light went on Matt Thomas helped out a ton. We worked the rules to our needs -- a bridge to Deonte -- and Jobo worked them to his -- the Super Bowl.
This is the first page, among the "JBo is a douche bag" type posts, but I actually feel myself getting dumber as I read that forum

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I need nothing more than for Iowa to beat Iowa State next year so Joe Blow can move his career mark to 4-1 against Iowa State. It’s entirely possible that if this happens, people on CyFan will eat themselves.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Long was hurting bad out on the court, you could see it those last couple of games before he shut it down. Arrogant prick bohannon was getting around on the court just fine, just didn't wanna end his underwhelming college career end with a 2 for 12 night.
The Naz comparison is amazing. Naz was and still is 5 times the player Joe Blow is in his dreams and is not an enormous dbag
Naz was pushing through until Deonte became eligible to take his place, though, and the fact the light went on Matt Thomas helped out a ton. We worked the rules to our needs -- a bridge to Deonte -- and Jobo worked them to his -- the Super Bowl.
This is the first page, among the "JBo is a douche bag" type posts, but I actually feel myself getting dumber as I read that forum
TYFYS, I appreciate not having to go to that place to read their stupidity.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
I actually find the stupidity entertaining, but the site gives anyone within 10 feet of my computer AIDS whenever I go there.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
Holy shit, Mac has a lot of posts like that and appears to be trying to out-dipshit Goodman and the 2 Cyclone babies. I think I’d vote for him as this week’s Twitter champ.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Jordan is already the all-time leader in 3P at Iowa and, with an average season for him, will be really close to the all-time B10 career leader. Also, with an average for him year, he'll be the all-time leader at Iowa in GP, assists and top 10 in points. He's an Iowa-born guy who is beloved by Iowa fans and who seems very marketable in Iowa. He's loved by his coach despite his complete inability to play defense. The feeling seems mutual. His dork brother and most of his family goes to every one of his games.

But yes, he's going to transfer to some high-level team where he won't start (see lack of defense) or to some equal or lesser team where he would be a solid player but throw all of the above out and destroy his legacy in Iowa.

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
You hear the whole buying drinks shit all the time. How many of you goobers are out there buying drinks at bars for former athletes?
I bought drinks for Eustachy and a few guys at an airport bar once and told the waitress to tell him it was from a Hawkeye. She came back and he told her to say “Fuck you. I buy your drinks” and paid for my beer and lunch.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I actually find the stupidity entertaining, but the site gives anyone within 10 feet of my computer AIDS whenever I go there.
NAZ LONG DIDN'T SIT OUT A GAME SO HE COULD PLAY IOWA SO IT'S NOT THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!

bohannon likely knew prior to the season he would need surgery on his other hip, but he wanted to help the team win some early non-conference games. If you can tolerate it, why not take advantage of an opportunity?

Last edited:

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
NAZ LONG DIDN'T SIT OUT A GAME SO HE COULD PLAY IOWA SO IT'S NOT THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!

bohannon likely knew prior to the season he would need surgery on his other hip, but he wanted to help the team win some early non-conference games. If you can tolerate it, why not take advantage of an opportunity?
Why would you not do this? Shit, he should have sat out one more and played against Cincinnati.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

Why would you not do this? Shit, he should have sat out one more and played against Cincinnati.
How late in the season can you play and still redshirt? Could he have sat out a couple more games and played against PSU? I would have taken full advantage of the rule.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

How late in the season can you play and still redshirt? Could he have sat out a couple more games and played against PSU? I would have taken full advantage of the rule.
You can't play in more than 10 games and none in the second half of the season. The NCAA considered the schedule for Iowa 30 games and the Nebrantska game on January 7th would have been the last game he could have played in.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Ideally you would have sat him against a few more cupcakes and have him play in the Cinci and Penn State games, but that was hard to do with the schedule this year. I'm also sure after they got their ass kicked by DePaul it made it a lot harder to sit him for any game.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Winter break starts this weekend. If you're going to be laid up recovering from hip surgery, that's a logical time to do it.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
Naz played 253 minutes in 8 games that year. Iowa was his most with 38.

Jordan played 250 in 10. ISU 4th most at 26.

Those stats mean little, but they are facts nonetheless.

douglasbader

Reaction score
He had surgery on May 21st, 2019 and was back to working out in September and practicing in October. 5 months basically from surgery to practice and was at about 70% of normal.

This time it is surgery on Dec. 19th, 2019. Practice starts Oct. 2020.

Going to be nice to have more than twice the amount of time to recover. If it goes well, he could be better than ever.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He had surgery on May 21st, 2019 and was back to working out in September and practicing in October. 5 months basically from surgery to practice and was at about 70% of normal.

This time it is surgery on Dec. 19th, 2019. Practice starts Oct. 2020.

Going to be nice to have more than twice the amount of time to recover. If it goes well, he could be better than ever.
Agreed. Has he ever truly been healthy in an Iowa uniform?

This could end up being a perfect scenario. Get Joe T and CJ more seasoning and make a deep run next year. Am hard for Garza down low with three absolute knock down shooters around him spreading the floor. Especially with a couple guards that can get in the lane and distribute.

douglasbader

Reaction score
This year is also going to force Fran to consider possibilities he never considered before.

I hope he learns as much as anyone that a tighter rotation and playing 4 guards might make a lot more sense going forward. It will be interesting to see what the starting lineup is like without bohannon. I'm not a fan of starting Kreiner and sort of want Toussaint to be the energy off the bench. This will sound opposite of what a lot of us have said, but maybe start Pemsl and figure out immediately if he has it or doesn't and hide him with the starters.

Ultimately it is likely best to start Toussaint and let him be the primary ball handler and let Connor start at the 4.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I would rather start Evelyn than Pemsl at this point. I can't believe I can type that sentence and still be optimistic about this team, but here we are.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I would rather start Evelyn than Pemsl at this point. I can't believe I can type that sentence and still be optimistic about this team, but here we are.
The only reason I would say Pemsl is maybe he plays better when surrounded by better players, and he shows you right away if he has it or not and you know to sit his ass down for the rest of the game.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
The only reason I would say Pemsl is maybe he plays better when surrounded by better players, and he shows you right away if he has it or not and you know to sit his ass down for the rest of the game.
I've wondered if playing with the backups has further hindered his game. That or his injuries are far more debilitating than they are letting on. You don't regress as much as he has without reason.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
GTFO with this Pemsl starting talk. He has been a mess no matter who he is on the floor with

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I've wondered if playing with the backups has further hindered his game. That or his injuries are far more debilitating than they are letting on. You don't regress as much as he has without reason.
Him not passing the ball is hindering his game.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Him not passing the ball is hindering his game.
Yeah he's trying to do too much. He can still be of value if he just hustles, rebounds and gets some garbage points.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I’m not sure Pemsl can Be a hustle guy. You could just tell by the way he was moving his back is really bothering him.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
He’s gotten fatter, which isn’t going to help is mobility.

Reaction score
Just when I thought Cyclone fan couldn't get any dumber, they go bitching about bohannon playing in the ISU game. Any coach and player who has any common sense whatsoever would see the importance of playing at Iowa St rather than a home game against SE Missouri A&M Tech. It's actually a sign of respect for ISU and Hilton and yet these dipshits still find a way to complain about it.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Just when I thought Cyclone fan couldn't get any dumber, they go bitching about bohannon playing in the ISU game. Any coach and player who has any common sense whatsoever would see the importance of playing at Iowa St rather than a home game against SE Missouri A&M Tech. It's actually a sign of respect for ISU and Hilton and yet these dipshits still find a way to complain about it.
And yet I’ve seen so many “2-12!!! He sux!!!” By that logic Iowa would have skullfucked them even harder without bohannon playing. Another selfpwn

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Clonetards are so salty right now, their brains are decomposing

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Their brains will decompose even more once they miss the tournament and Horton-Tucker leaves early.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
If had to have made a prediction after the Depaul game, I would have (optimistically) said the Hawks would go 3-4 in this last 7-game stretch. They finished 5-2 and will finish the OOC at 9-2, with neutral site wins over teams like Texas Tech and Cincy & a road win @ISU. That'll be fucking huge in March - either for bubble strengthening purposes or seeding/location decisions for the committee.

CamelTones

Reaction score
If had to have made a prediction after the Depaul game, I would have (optimistically) said the Hawks would go 3-4 in this last 7-game stretch. They finished 5-2 and will finish the OOC at 9-2, with neutral site wins over teams like Texas Tech and Cincy & a road win @ISU. That'll be fucking huge in March - either for bubble strengthening purposes or seeding/location decisions for the committee.
And a road win @Syracuse.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Its good for just being able to call it a road win, but Syracuse sucks harder than a souped-up Hoover this year.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Its good for just being able to call it a road win, but Syracuse sucks harder than a souped-up Hoover this year.
They’re currently 80 in the NET rankings, if they make it to 75 by the end of the year it’ll end up being a Quad 1 win.

I’ll be cheering for them the rest of the way.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score