**2019 NCAA Tournament Thread**

Reaction score
How was Edwards not I am a giant douche player of year?
Because these games weren't in the regular season and Cassius was better. He's a stud who can go off and get his shot whenever he wants but he was a mess for most of the last month.

Reaction score
That was an all time stupid loss by Purdue. Missed a free throw to go up 4 and then commits an absurd foul on purpose with too much time on the clock while up three.
The foul was a little too early but it's pretty much a 50/50 deal whether to foul or not to foul with nothing definitive and a shit ton of variables. The fact that Virginia was beating them up on the boards gives you more reason to play it out but they still had to have a lot go right. Plus Virginia was in the 1 and 1 still so it improves the odds a little. The way it played out, Clark was passing from his backcourt with 2 seconds left in a scramble. His other options were for a half court shot, he made a great pass to a non-shooter for a rushed 12 footer to tie. A lot of shit went right or wrong for that to happen.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Just went back and watched it, Jerome didn’t miss on purpose, I thought he did because of his reaction.

Also if you check the clock they didn’t start it on time off the tip, ball was almost to the logo before it started. If they do I’m not sure they get the shot off.

Bob

Reaction score
How was Edwards not I am a giant douche player of year?
Because these games weren't in the regular season and Cassius was better. He's a stud who can go off and get his shot whenever he wants but he was a mess for most of the last month.
Yeah his efficiency dropped off a cliff toward end of the season and the team got bounced early in the conference tourney. I had them getting knocked out early in my bracket because they looked like such a mess. Really impressive how he turned it around once the tournament started, that was an all time great individual run. Especially against UVA where they had a legit NBA level defensive wing in Hunter on him for most of the game.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
I have always hated the "foul when you are up 3" strategy though. If you play it out the percentage for last second three point attempts is something like under 30% if I remember correctly and at worst you tie.

At best you foul and they hit 2 free throws and you now have to get the ball inbounded cleanly under their hoop and hope you then can hit 2 free throws and still giving the other team some sort of shot for a tie or the win unless there is less than .3 on the clock.

Too much that can go wrong as you saw tonight. Purdue is lucky that Virginia didn't have a shot for the win in regulation.
I’d say the stats lean the absolute opposite of this as long as the foul comes with 4 seconds or less. It’s absolutely the right thing to do in a college game.

Reaction score
auburn is currently on something like a 12-2 run, up 3 on kentucky with 16 to go

Sundown

Homewrecker
Reaction score
weird final four, regardless of the last entry (a not weird school)

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Msu has it right. The black guys play and the white guys cheer.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see how MSU fucks this up at the end.

Reaction score
That probably goes out on duke if you stay the fuck away

Reaction score
:roflmao:
I don't care how it happened, worth it to get a Big Ten team into the Final 4 over Duke!

Reaction score
Really sucks Purdue fucked it up, would’ve had a legit shot at MSU vs Purdue NC

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
4 great games this weekend. Maybe games all going to favorites early had a good effect.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and LMAO at the total number of fouls called that second half with how physically both teams play. I don't mind that it came back to bite Duke, but still. :icon_rolleyes:

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Don’t like coach k or izzo but happy to have at least one big ten team in FF

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
The thing I enjoy about Duke losing the most is they likely paid about 750K to get those top 3 kids of last year’s recruiting class to come play there and they couldn’t even make the final 4.