2019 recruiting thread

douglasbader

Thinks Joe W Has Access To The YMCA
Reaction score
:34 seconds and 4:45

Last edited:
Reaction score
This class could be a real opportunity with a combination of a fair amount of open slots due to the large class this year (I know it won't end up 6, but still likely at least 4) as well as Fran having a legitimate pass from an NCAA perspective over the next 3 years to see a ton of high level AAU games because he's "there to watch his son". He may not be able to actively recruit when others can't, but being seen at every tournament by other kids sure can't hurt.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
going to be an elite player

the quality of coach's sons has certainly picked up since 2010.

Reaction score
Googled it. Looks like they moved from Cedar Rapids to Nashville, and now he's at La Lumiere.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
With a mane like that he should change his name to Lion.

douglasbader

Reaction score
He was the #6 player in the 2019 class on that list.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
That kid is going to straight up dominate Iowa high school basketball over the next few years

Reaction score
At the West Vs City game, I'll keep you all posted

Reaction score
Lol wow just relax! Pretty meh game overall, Patrick is loooonnnng and might wear a size 16 shoe with a 7 foot wing span. He Was pretty lost all game but once he figures everything out he's going to be an absolute bitch to guard. Only played limited minutes and took two 3's and made 1. Connor never really looked for his shot but got a little more aggressive in the second half and I think finished with 12 pts. His jump shot wasn't falling tonight and I have a hard time seeing him keep guards in front of him at the next level. He's still got another year but I can't say I'm too "excited" about him personally. Fran was also there and he hates watching his kids play, he was sitting at the beginning but had to stand the whole rest of the game because he was so frustrated with Connor. You can tell he wants him to play fast but it just doesn't seem like that's his game. Now can I go back to drinking at the bar?

Ben Kenobi

Definitely Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Looks like the love child of Alfalfa and Zorak. Gonna be a stud.

+

douglasbader

Reaction score
He is dunking with ease now. Still looks like a baby giraffe fresh out of the womb with the strength not there and the shot from the chest, but a year from now he will be dominating.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Well fuck me Doug. I blame Courtside for not including the ICYMI language.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I really hope he can get to a legit 6'8'' or 6'9'' and be perfect in Fran's system.

Wieskamp made a huge leap in the spring after his Freshman year and think Patrick will do the same thing. May take him longer because he is still growing a bunch and lanky, but he is a stud.

Ben Kenobi

Definitely Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Already kind of looks resembles HS senior/college frosh Aaron White. That's a good sign.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
Already kind of looks resembles HS senior/college frosh Aaron White. That's a good sign.
And he's not the only one. Tyler Cook runs the floor and finishes. I've said it before, and this is so far into the future, but Fran is setting this program up to make a really really nice run as Cook, Weiskamp, and his sons enter the program. With those guys alone, he will, on paper, have more 4* talent on one roster in 2019 (yea, so far away I know) than he will have probably had in all of his previous years combined at Iowa. These are happy days.