2019 recruiting thread

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Where is this fear that Moss is leaving coming from?
I have no inside sources like some of the experts around here, but I have a feeling Moss is going to grad transfer after this season. I probably would if I were him after being a forgotten man time and time again.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Keep in mind that I’m a dipshit. Read my posts at your own risk.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
He can't grad transfer because he had grade trouble as a freshman!!!!!

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
the kid is playing the best ball of his career right now. why would he leave?

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Second guy is being a bit of a dick, but I included it as Iowa looked at Hutchins as well.

Reaction score
I saw that Cardinal Hayes won pretty big over the weekend (their senior day already), but haven't seen any stats for Toussaint. A couple Toussaint plays start at :22 below. The ending has part of this hilarious moment Joe put on his Instagram stories, where his teammate (and I'm guessing he doesn't play often) made a three and then promptly played the drums on the other end of the court :roflmao::
IC West played Whitney Young (Chicago) on Saturday, and Patrick apparently had a rough game - 12 points is the only stat of his that I could find:
He did post a new highlight video on IG:

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He's long enough where if he can't shoot in college, he can still be a solid team contributor.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Also that Brauns kid is better than several guys Fran has offered in past years. Why not throw him an offer? Fran is sitting on an open scholarship. And if a talented player wants to join the team as a late offer or transfer, one of his kids can be a walk-on for a year.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Also that Brauns kid is better than several guys Fran has offered in past years. Why not throw him an offer? Fran is sitting on an open scholarship. And if a talented player wants to join the team as a late offer or transfer, one of his kids can be a walk-on for a year.
They don't need 13 fucking scholarship players.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
LOL, no. He doesn’t even have a UNI offer anymore.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I was just thinking during the Michigan game with Pemsl injured and Nunge redshirting how nice the tight rotation has been this year.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
I was just thinking during the Michigan game with Pemsl injured and Nunge redshirting how nice the tight rotation has been this year.
My son told me last night he thought if Pemsl was on the team, we'd have 1-2 more wins. I told him I thought we'd have 1-2 more losses. And no disrespect to Pemsl- just the same point on the rotation. I think the too many guys problem will rear its head again next year.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The only time it sucked is when Garza was hurt and then Cook got hurt and they were down to using Till and I thought at that point maybe you pull the redshirt off Nunge.

It didn't matter as they won 5 straight and Garza and Cook are fine, but Fran not being able to put 11 guys into a game by the 12 minute mark in the first half is so much better than last year.

Next year I am not quite as worried yet. Cook is gone and I think you could see Dailey move on as well. Frederick doesn't really need to play much if at all.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I was also thinking during the Michigan game it is great how tight their rotation is in the front court. They didn't know whether to shit or go blind once those fouls started piling up.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Frederick too.

Reaction score
Just saw that Toussaint appeared to have 20 points in that last win (no other stats listed). No highlights here, but a nice look at his senior day intro:

Bob

Reaction score
There have been a few spots where injuries, foul trouble, or Fran getting pissed at the starters put them in a spot where it'd be nice to have one more passable big available to avoid having to play Till in nongarbage time, but yeah the benefit of saving Fran from his tendency to play too many guys when he doesn't need to probably outweighs that. It does rule a lot that Pemsl came back solely to shit on ISU though.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Not only did he come back to shit on ISU but him doing so legitimately pisses off their fans.

Reaction score
From last night:
Highlight video from his senior day:

There's kind of a lot going on here, so just go with it. :icon_lol:

douglasbader

Reaction score
I don't know how good he will be, but he seems to be a competitive tough fucker and not a gutless pussy.

Reaction score
Toussaint's team took the loss today, but we got some actual highlights:
No idea what his final stats were, but Joe had 13 points at half. Patrick had at least 23 points in West's win over Xavier yesterday, as well.

Reaction score
They're more than likely not playing tomorrow, but it's still cool to see how well he's done.

Reaction score
Patrick ended up with 29 points tonight. Some highlights:

And some info:

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Here's a sentence I've never typed before...

Those shoulders look promising.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
He's always had a long frame.

Just a matter of kicking in that MTOR pathway and putting some muscle on it. Might take a few years, but he'll be a good one when he's filled out.