2019 recruiting thread

Bob

Reaction score
Unless he really bulks up I'll be surprised if he can rebound or get to the line like White could but he also seems like he might be able to shoot a bit, which White couldn't aside from that hot steak at the end of his senior year
White wasn’t really any bigger coming in. Pat is bouncy just like White.
White was listed at like 20 pounds heavier by all the recruiting services. He was skinnier than he wound up being but not like Pat is. Would agree that they're similar athletes though.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Originally a Wright St recruit. Not ranked on 247 and I couldn’t find a rivals profile

Reaction score
Postseason play started today for Toussaint's team, as well. Joe's team won and he had nine points:
Their next game is Tuesday night:

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
did i ready earlier we are also recruiting Jaylen Murray?

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
The staff is looking at this kid for the 2019 class:
Signed with Wright State last year, was released and reclassified to 2019. Looks to be about 6-4, long arms, fairly explosive, and decent shot. Francis following on Twitter. Offers from ECU and St Bonaventure. Overall about what you’d expect at this stage in the recruiting process, but I guess I’d understand if they saw enough to take a flyer on him as an older, athletic guard to help out in a couple of years.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Assume that means someone leaving. Maishe seems obvious.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
He looks like he could be related to Cordell

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I just spent 20 minutes watching highlights of Toussaints games. You get a better feel for his game than just watching individual highlights. He’s great on the break, solid at getting into the lane and distributing or making contested layups. Didn’t see much of his shooting.

Murray can score and seems to be the go to guy on their team. Here’s a couple of their games.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
I want to see what CJ can do. His high school tapes looked a hell of s lot better than connors IMO

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
davenport is a '19 kid, and there are no current schollys available.

if it's more than "just in case" interest, then someone may have expressed the intention to leave, or the staff is planning to encourage someone to leave.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Reaction score
the obvious thing is for either connor or pmac to walk on. given the salary i dont see why they dont both walk on regardless of available schollies...

i know its discussed to death but until one of these players actually says something about transferring or otherwise leaving early i think the safe money is on everybody returning. tired of all this weird speculation about players like moss and dailey leaving, often times written about like it's a foregone conclusion somehow that they WILL leave... oh yea Dailey he's obviously gonna 'senior transfer'... even though 'senior transfer' isn't really a thing.

Bob

Reaction score
They don't need extra scholarships, Fran already tends to play too many guys even without adding two scholarship level walk ons into the mix

Reaction score
Dailey might not transfer, but his minutes are going to dry up next year. Fran will tell him as much after this season.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Is Iowa down to 2.5 black guys next year if Dailey/Cook leave?

Moss, Pemsl and Tousaint.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Oh the wheel landed on this topic today. I wonder if tomorrow it will be “stars matter”.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Maybe we can start inviting some black players to walk on instead of even goofier awkward white guys

Reaction score
Toussaint's stats from the championship game:
Patrick and IC West won last night to get to their substate final:
Looks like that game will be played at 7pm on Tuesday.

Reaction score
Biancardi must have watched him last night. ESPN updated his profile today and made him a 4 star while elevating his grade.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
That fucking pervert Donny Blake is in the stands.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Patrick is going to get all 19 of Baers minutes and I’m going to hate it

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
yeah, he's already better on both sides of the ball than baer -- so we can't have that, now can we?

15 min/game will probably be about right for patrick, depending on weiskamp's back. 25+min/game at the 3 for joe, >15 for patrick.

when was the last time iowa had one 4-star backing up another?

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Oh no he sucks again!!!!

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Might even call him Patty Mac haven't decided yet

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Not sure if serious.
I am. I haven’t seen any video that convinces me he can have any impact as a freshman. I am not a huge fan of his in general but I do recognize that he does have a skill set that could end up being good, I just don’t think it’s this year. I could see Wieskamp having an impact. I could see Cook having an impact. I can even see Toussaint contributing, assuming he gets some decent minutes

My post wasn’t meant as a knock on Patrick, more that I think Fran will play him much more than he should. Probably out of frustration as I think Connor plays more than he should too

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Not sure if serious.
I am. I haven’t seen any video that convinces me he can have any impact as a freshman. I am not a huge fan of his in general but I do recognize that he does have a skill set that could end up being good, I just don’t think it’s this year. I could see Wieskamp having an impact. I could see Cook having an impact. I can even see Toussaint contributing, assuming he gets some decent minutes

My post wasn’t meant as a knock on Patrick, more that I think Fran will play him much more than he should. Probably out of frustration as I think Connor plays more than he should too
How in the fuck is Connor worse than not having a backup pg?

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Not sure if serious.

Hopefully in November and December he can hold his own against the likes of Marist and UT Corpus Christi

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
bohannon has hit almost all of his big shots while playing the 2. Connor is one of 2 competent ball handlers. WTF.