**2020-2021 Iowa Basketball Season Thread**

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
Let’s talk seeds for a minute.

Hawks probably a 3 if the season ended today. Reasonably, with kenpom and NET top 5 it is hard to see them dropping below a 4 seed.

1 seed: Basically run the table regular season and BTT. Could maybe afford one loss if it is @OSU or home vs Wisconsin. It would be pretty tough but IMO it is still on the table. They have ground to make up but probably more opportunity remaining for marquee wins than any other team in the country.

2: Get a win @Mich or @OSU, beat Wisconsin again, avoid a bad loss, and play on Saturday at the BTT.

3: Beat PSU, Nebrantska, and Wisconsin or someone in the BTT and it’s probably locked up.

4+: Take a bad loss and not pick up any more Q1 wins.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
Let’s talk seeds for a minute.

Hawks probably a 3 if the season ended today. Reasonably, with kenpom and NET top 5 it is hard to see them dropping below a 4 seed.

1 seed: Basically run the table regular season and BTT. Could maybe afford one loss if it is @OSU or home vs Wisconsin. It would be pretty tough but IMO it is still on the table. They have ground to make up but probably more opportunity remaining for marquee wins than any other team in the country.

2: Get a win @Mich or @OSU, beat Wisconsin again, avoid a bad loss, and play on Saturday at the BTT.

3: Beat PSU, Nebrantska, and Wisconsin or someone in the BTT and it’s probably locked up.

4+: Take a bad loss and not pick up any more Q1 wins.
It all depends. Is that dipshit Barta on the committee?

kenos

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Marble was very well-liked during his Iowa playing career. But as others have mentioned, he was regularly compared to Jordan at a time when Jordan was really starting to put up freakish numbers in the NBA. There was an idiotic segment of Iowa fans (sound familiar?) who would call into radio shows and say things like, "Yeah, Marble had 22, but Jordan had 42."

Marble mentioned that the pressure to be a Jordan-type player is one of the things that pushed him into drug use.
I think that 87-88 year was bad for his development, as well. With Lorenzen injured, Marble was at the 4 a lot, with Horton or Hill at the 5. Any NBA chance he had was at the 2, and he really didn't develop that skill set in college due to the roster.

Reaction score
Last time I'm going to mention the queso eater, but it would be one thing if the man in question wasn't a Hawkeye.

That would be a fine time for an Iowa social media team person to 'well actually' and then talk about Clark. But don't do that to Garza, ffs.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Wow. I hope you are each blessed with an athletic daughter so you're forced to tell her how terrible her sport is and that you won't be attending any of her games because it's an inferior product that's brutal to watch.
To be fair, there are a ton of kids' activities that are just objectively awful and you go because it's your kid.

I've seen tapes from when I (or my siblings) were in 7th or 8th grade choir. Good lord. Elementary school orchestra, soccer. It's all bad.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Knowing how the I am a giant douche has handled everything, I should be able to deduce the answer- but are they allowing fans for the BTT? I see the Big 12 is allowing 20% capacity and the NCAA tourney is letting fans in at a reduced capacity, too.

Greg Obrecht

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Wow. I hope you are each blessed with an athletic daughter so you're forced to tell her how terrible her sport is and that you won't be attending any of her games because it's an inferior product that's brutal to watch.
Maybe you’re unaware but Woke! points aren’t awarded nor redeemable on HALO. Facebook and Twitter are the platforms where idiots like yourself congregate and pleasure one another.

Reaction score
To be fair, there are a ton of kids' activities that are just objectively awful and you go because it's your kid.

I've seen tapes from when I (or my siblings) were in 7th or 8th grade choir. Good lord. Elementary school orchestra, soccer. It's all bad.
About time @MikeyJoe got called the fuck out.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
How the fuck did Iowa get a 5 game stretch that included 4 road games @MSU, @Wisconsin, @Ohio State and @Michigan?

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I've been blessed with having to watch boys Rec league youth baseball and soccer.
How the fuck did Iowa get a 5 game stretch that included 4 road games @MSU, @Wisconsin, @Ohio State and @Michigan?
First two suck and the last two weren't supposed to be this good.

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
Fuck yeah. Nebrantska is back on the menu!

Edit - looking at the dates, they'll be @Mich on 3 days rest after the PSU game, then @OSU is going to be brutal on 2 days rest later.
I like that they get to finish up with two straight home games.

MikeyJoe

Has a Big Head
Reaction score
I wonder how many makeup games Michigan will end up playing.

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
Actually it looks like Michigan going into Ohio state is actually three days rest and not two days rest

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

Mikey played soccer? Makes sense, cuz little league teams can only have one right fielder..

iowa4ever20

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I wonder how many makeup games Michigan will end up playing.
They rescheduled at Illinois and Michigan State to get to 17 games and it sounds like these are the final updates. They are skipping at NW, at PSU, and Indiana.

Nebrantska is making up every game except at Purdue and playing basically every other night the next two weeks.

gohawkeyes811

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Hawks are #5 in NET and #3 in Kenpom rankings. That's just fucking awesome, especially after the tough stretch.

Love the @Michigan and @Ohio State games back to back. As long as they take care of Penn State tomorrow, those two games pose a giant opportunity and really won't affect much if they lose both. Like Doug said, nice to finish with two at home as well.

We really need to just enjoy the rest of this season boyz.

CamelTones

Reaction score
They did that awkward honoring of Marble where they didn’t retire his number but gave him a framed jersey at halftime of a game that pissed off his family, especially Devyn.

It seems like Garza’s number should be retired but given what former football players have said about the department, it would likely create a lot of unwanted headlines.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
They did that awkward honoring of Marble where they didn’t retire his number but gave him a framed jersey at halftime of a game that pissed off his family, especially Devyn.

It seems like Garza’s number should be retired but given what former football players have said about the department, it would likely create a lot of unwanted headlines.
Regarding race relations?

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score

Lol what? Is that a joke?

L. Wade Childress

Has no idea what you are asking
Reaction score

roy marble was a horrible person. I wonder why we didn’t honor him?

CamelTones

Reaction score
So she works for the athletic department and was going hard on the Gustafson thing.