**2020-2021 Iowa Basketball Season Thread**

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
You are fucking stupid, btw. We started winning a bunch as soon as I took over starting the season thread each year. Now Dougie get anxious and blows his load early. I’m holding you personally responsible if we don’t make the final four.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Now that the idiot has gotten that out of his system, let's get this thread going.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Last year the Big Ten was ridiculous and there were only 2 truly bad teams and one of them was fairly dangerous.

This year I think there will be at least 4 bad teams. Northwestern, Nebrantska, Penn State and Minnesota. I think Maryland will be pretty bad as well. Michigan and Purdue won't be as strong.

It is a 6 team at the top league most likely. Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State and Rutgers.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
I have a 2020 big ten tournament basketball. That sucker is going to be worth tens of dollars someday

TheBigLug

Trump Lost
Reaction score
I have a 2020 big ten tournament basketball. That sucker is going to be worth tens of dollars someday
That was a bizarre ending to the season last year. It's still a bit surreal to me. As far as this year, with Garza coming back, expectations are through the stratosphere, which they should be.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
That was a bizarre ending to the season last year. It's still a bit surreal to me. As far as this year, with Garza coming back, expectations are through the stratosphere, which they should be.
Figured out what Lute’s handle is on HaLo.

douglasbader

Reaction score
This doesn't kill all conference games from what others are reporting, just these in Orlando because they wanted a uniform testing protocol.

They even say in the ESPN article a few of the tourneys will likely still happen.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Rothstein has been tweeting and confirming non-conference games since he made that post, and also posted this....

It seems like Orlando was the issue.

Reaction score
Rothstein has been tweeting and confirming non-conference games since he made that post, and also posted this....

It seems like Orlando was the issue.
I believe Disney was the issue. They’ve held two successful events with their protocols in place, and do not want any negative press tied to their brand with any outbreaks-especially with people actually returning to the parks.

douglasbader

Reaction score
NCAA Basketball essentially shut down on March 12th. They have had all that time and watched multiple sports and their plans and scheduling and testing to plan and have their shit together.

This weekend will be Nov. 1st. The season starts on Nov. 25th. There is still no schedule out. They shut down multiple MTE's yesterday because they can't agree on testing. The NCAA for some fucked up reason seems to be trying to implement that if a team has ANY confirmed cases they have to shut the ENTIRE TEAM down for 14 days.

None of this should be hard at this point, but they can't figure it out. Fucking morons.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
NCAA Basketball essentially shut down on March 12th. They have had all that time and watched multiple sports and their plans and scheduling and testing to plan and have their shit together.

This weekend will be Nov. 1st. The season starts on Nov. 25th. There is still no schedule out. They shut down multiple MTE's yesterday because they can't agree on testing. The NCAA for some fucked up reason seems to be trying to implement that if a team has ANY confirmed cases they have to shut the ENTIRE TEAM down for 14 days.

None of this should be hard at this point, but they can't figure it out. Fucking morons.
Big 12 released conference schedules yesterday. Prohm said in his press conf last week that the plan for the ISU schedule is 18 conf games, 2 games in Big East and SEC challenge, Iowa, and 4 buy games. Right now the only one of those non-con games that's actually scheduled is the SEC challenge game.

Reaction score
Big 12 released conference schedules yesterday. Prohm said in his press conf last week that the plan for the ISU schedule is 18 conf games, 2 games in Big East and SEC challenge, Iowa, and 4 buy games. Right now the only one of those non-con games that's actually scheduled is the SEC challenge game.
Hope you lose all of them!

The Tin Man

Reaction score
Thank you for your season ticket renewal! As we approach the start of the college basketball season (Nov. 25), we are writing to update you on the adjustments that will occur in Carver-Hawkeye Arena this season due to the ongoing pandemic.

While the opportunity for a limited number of fans allowed to attend events in Carver-Hawkeye Arena is still being reviewed, we do anticipate a significantly reduced capacity. Due to this reduction, we will not be offering season tickets for men’s basketball. In the event we are allowed to have fans in attendance, we will be selling single game tickets based on our athletic ticket priority points system beginning with individuals who have renewed their 2020-21 season tickets.

Schedule
The 2020-21 schedule is currently being revised and is anticipated to be announced upon completion.

Tickets
For the 2020-21 season, we will be selling tickets on a game by game basis. As a season ticket holder, you will have access to the single game reservation process or you can opt-out of the season altogether. Due to the changes in the schedule and reduced capacity in Carver-Hawkeye Arena, we are communicating the following:

• Available seats will be based on social distancing requirements and will not be in normal season ticket locations.
  • Ticket limits will be put in place to accommodate as many customers as possible.
  • Patrons will not be permitted to access the floor, or elevators, at any time and will only be able to access their seats from the concourse.
Additional details regarding ticket reservations will be communicated later. If you would like to participate in the single game reservation process, you do not need to take any further action at this time.

Opting Out
You can opt out of your current season ticket purchase if you are no longer interested in attending home basketball games in the 2020-21 season, and you will be able to renew your same tickets for the 2021-22 season and maintain your consecutive years of season ticket purchase priority. Click the button below to opt out of the 2020-21 Iowa Men’s Basketball season. Please note by opting out, you are indicating you do not intend to participate in the single game reservation process.

Mobile Tickets
As is the case for all Hawkeye sporting events beginning this season, all tickets will be mobile-only.

We appreciate your patience and your understanding of these modifications to the upcoming season. The health and safety of our fans remains a top priority. We can’t wait to host you inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena!

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
So if I keep my tickets to get single game, I assume I get a pro rata refund?

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Maybe it was Sam Okey?