**2020-2021 Iowa Basketball Season Thread**

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
My guess is the NCAA has plans in place for the tournament. Basically they need a bubble and capacity to test. If they’ve failed at that, burn it down. But they shouldn’t be the ones ensuring that regular season games get played. You can’t enforce that Albany and Norfolk State have the same testing guidelines as Ohio State. You let the conferences figure out their testing guidelines

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
It’s almost like it’s difficult for a bunch of different entities with diverse characteristics and goals to come to a consensus on how to manage a once-in-a-lifetime event

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
It’s almost like it’s difficult for a bunch of different entities with diverse characteristics and goals to come to a consensus on how to manage a once-in-a-lifetime event
Which is why it would be much, much easier if there were a coalesced group with a set leader to make sure they didn't have these problems.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Which is why it would be much, much easier if there were a coalesced group with a set leader to make sure they didn't have these problems.
it’s near impossible. Athletics mean far different things to each of the schools, even within the same conference.

i mean Rick Pitino is now advocating for a delay. You think he would be doing that at Louisville??

douglasbader

Reaction score
it’s near impossible. Athletics mean far different things to each of the schools, even within the same conference.

i mean Rick Pitino is now advocating for a delay. You think he would be doing that at Louisville??
You're giving reasons for why what I am advocating for is necessary.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Different leagues have different resources. I think if anything this shows how it makes more sense for each conference to go in it’s own direction

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fran needs to put an end to whatever Pat is trying to do with that whisper of a beard.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
toussaint, as we already knew, is seriously jacked.

ulis looks 22.

saucy t has some serious hair.

nunge even looks stiff in pictures.

pat has put on good weight.

ogundele is MIA.

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
toussaint, as we already knew, is seriously jacked.

ulis looks 22.

saucy t has some serious hair.

nunge even looks stiff in pictures.

pat has put on good weight.

ogundele is MIA.
In one of the pics, Ogundele was in full practice gear sitting on the bench.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I was told they haven’t done anything but sit around in their jammies since March.
Still no schedules out for most of Division 1 only 9 days from the start of the season, so yeah.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Still no schedules out for most of Division 1 only 9 days from the start of the season, so yeah.
Yeah, I agree that they need to get something out ASAP. They can always delay or cancel. Not sure what the hell they are waiting for?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
If there are no fans, how many courts could they put at Lucas Oil?

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Assuming a normal schedule, you should just need 4 for the first Thursday/Friday. Bankers Life and Hinkle seem obvious. Multiple courts at Lucas Oil could be one option. Assuming no fans, I'm guessing IUPUI or a handful of local high schools would have adequate facilities.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Assuming a normal schedule, you should just need 4 for the first Thursday/Friday. Bankers Life and Hinkle seem obvious. Multiple courts at Lucas Oil could be one option. Assuming no fans, I'm guessing IUPUI or a handful of local high schools would have adequate facilities.
Marian University is also located their (the Criminal coached there). I’m sure there’s other colleges like that in the area that could handle 4 teams.

douglasbader

Reaction score
If there are no fans, how many courts could they put at Lucas Oil?
I would be surprised if that was an option because they are going to want this set up for TV and having games going on at the same time and trying to have a broadcast would seem to be a nightmare.

Looking at twitter, there are like 6 arenas that would be available in the immediate Indianapolis area. They would just need 4 ideally to make this work. A normal first round has 8 locations and they alternate days, so if my terrible math is correct 4 arenas running every day would be the same thing.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Marian University is also located their (the Criminal coached there). I’m sure there’s other colleges like that in the area that could handle 4 teams.
You have 4 arenas in the immediate downtown area. Lucas Oil, Bankers Life Fieldhouse (Pacers), Hinkle Fieldhouse (Butler) and Indiana Farmers Coliseum (IUPUI).

The Tin Man

Reaction score
Would have thought somewhere south would have been a better option. Why not Disney like the NBA?

douglasbader

Reaction score
University of Indianapolis Division II team also has a really nice arena called Skillman Court that is right in the downtown area as well.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Would have thought somewhere south would have been a better option. Why not Disney like the NBA?
The Final Four was already going to be in Indy and the NCAA offices are there as well. Indianapolis is set up very well for this.

douglasbader

Reaction score
There is also a pretty good chance that COVID-19 will be at the lowest level since this began and millions including every player and coach will have been vaccinated by then.

fuisu98

Asp Wielder
Reaction score
Given that every player on Iowa’s team has already had it we might win the NC through pure attrition. I’m fine with that.

thrawn

Reaction score
It’s not like they’re going to have more than token crowds at games anywhere, there isn’t much point in sending Iowa to Wichita, Minneapolis, and Indianapolis.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
The Iowa State Cyclones would like to preemptively thank East Texas County Christian Day School for helping them avoid cabin fever.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Wonder if they would send teams to Bloomington, or if that's too far away?

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
If the virus doesn’t get ya the rafters will! LULZ!!!!!!!