**2020-2021 Iowa Basketball Season Thread**

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Shoot, jogger. Sometimes it's easy to forget that old people don't know how to use the internet. I'm sure @Revolver didn't mean any harm.

Just have your kids help you navigate to www.dictionary.com and type in "coevals" in the top bar. If you then click on that little magnifying glass thing it will search (get it?!) for the word and give you the definition. I've done this one for you to save you the trouble but you really should practice this on your own

coeval
adjective
of the same age, date, or duration; equally old: Analysis has proved that this manuscript is coeval with that one.
It must me one of those old-timey words I never learned.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It's bullshit that anyone would go after a player like that.

I also think bringing attention to it is an attempt to deflect criticism.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I actually somewhat agree with that- there are just a lot of miserable or straight up crazy people out there, and always have been. You don’t play big time sports if you can’t take that shit. Sort of counterproductive making it public.

There’s no requirement to be on social media, so you have to take the bad with the good. Bert from Chicago might threaten you with violence and racial slurs, but you also get a lot of unsolicited boob pics from college chicks.

Reaction score
I actually somewhat agree with that- there are just a lot of miserable or straight up crazy people out there, and always have been. You don’t play big time sports if you can’t take that shit. Sort of counterproductive making it public.

There’s no requirement to be on social media, so you have to take the bad with the good. Bert from Chicago might threaten you with violence and racial slurs, but you also get a lot of unsolicited boob pics from college chicks.
Death threats and racism... but TITTAYYYYS!!!

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I was intrigued by a stat someone posted other night about 3 pt D being bad but not as bad as expected.

I did a little more digging, looking only at conference games. While the 3pt D % isn't horrendous as whole, over the last 5 years we have been last in the conf in allowing number of attempts and number of 3 pt makes almost every year. The best ranking in those 2 categories is 12th. % ranges from 7th in conf to last

it goes to show we are shit at guarding the three

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
To add, our opponent tonight has 3 I am a giant douche games played. Their 3pt shooting is 41% (2nd in conf) and 27.5% defensively (1st)

may not want to take Iowa -11
Just when I thought you were grasping 3 point defense, you go and post this.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
I was intrigued by a stat someone posted other night about 3 pt D being bad but not as bad as expected.

I did a little more digging, looking only at conference games. While the 3pt D % isn't horrendous as whole, over the last 5 years we have been last in the conf in allowing number of attempts and number of 3 pt makes almost every year. The best ranking in those 2 categories is 12th. % ranges from 7th in conf to last

Nah, its all just bad luck.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

Pace adjusted?

The primary reason Fran teams are bad at defense is 2PT defense. They've been abysmal the past few years. 2nd would be giving up too many OR.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
Pace adjusted?

The primary reason Fran teams are bad at defense is 2PT defense. They've been abysmal the past few years. 2nd would be giving up too many OR.
Apparently, you already forgot that you made a big point of how the Hawks held Gonzaga below their 2 pt % from last year. Now that's the problem.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Coff is all up in Mikey's fucking grill....and he has pitched a tent

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Let’s start a secret board

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Kenyon has been posting a little on TOS. Here are some bits and pieces. Kris will be a good one as well.

Kris actually had higher vertical and was more explosive coming in. Keegan has improved his vertical by over 4” since getting on campus.

My coaching advice for both of them going into this year was defense and rebounding will get you on the floor. That being said, Kris came into this year as a better rebounder than Keegan. He has always averaged more rebounds than Keegan. While both have practiced well, Keegan has been very consistent day to day in practice. Both continue to grind, but Kris is odd man out. If he is slotted at the 3, he is behind Joe W and Patrick. If he is slotted at the 4, he is behind Connor, Jack and Keegan. Kris is in a position similar to Ahron and Tony as being the odd men out on a top 10 team. My observations on his shot in warmups is it is a lot better. I went to drop off some things to them and Kris was in lifting and getting extra workout in before practice. They both are grinders with bright futures. Kris is one of the toughest players I have ever coached and when his number is called, he won’t disappoint!