**2020-2021 Iowa Basketball Season Thread**

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Looks like he parks as well as he plays defense!!!!!

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
The non-parking spot off the alley east of PBAB was worth $350 in parking tickets that doubled to $700

coff

Busker
Reaction score
Coff bustin' through the wall like fucking Koolaid
Nah, Dougie and his dougie-me have explained that its all luck. I'm happy to see that the Hawks have improved the defense recently.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I was about to post this, but the most important thing is around the 2:00 minute mark Fran outright confirms that Luka had COVID-19 this summer. Hadn't heard that actually confirmed specifically for Luka before. We knew bohannon had it and 11 or 12 others, but hadn't heard actual names.

Awesome news.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
I was about to post this, but the most important thing is around the 2:00 minute mark Fran outright confirms that Luka had COVID-19 this summer. Hadn't heard that actually confirmed specifically for Luka before. We knew bohannon had it and 11 or 12 others, but hadn't heard actual names.

Awesome news.
Those that had it in the summer are likely past their natural immunity now though right?

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Those that had it in the summer are likely past their natural immunity now though right?
The CDC has said people who had a positive test and recovered don't need to quarantine if exposed again within 3 months, but that's because they're confident that antibodies last at least that long. That doesn't mean that they have evidence that they do wear off after 3 months.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
I hope the doosh doesn't try to cram all the makeup games in at the end of the year forcing Iowa to have a week like ISU is going to have the first week of February:

2/6 - at Oklahoma
2/9 - at TCU
2/11 - at Kansas
2/13 - vs. Kansas

That would be brutal in late February/Early March going into the tourneys.

coff

Busker
Reaction score

Awesome news.
They were wise to get it over with before the season.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
The CDC has said people who had a positive test and recovered don't need to quarantine if exposed again within 3 months, but that's because they're confident that antibodies last at least that long. That doesn't mean that they have evidence that they do wear off after 3 months.
In fact, I saw recent evidence that they believe the antibodies last at least 5-6 months, and likely as much as a year.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Awesome news.
Had COVID this summer and still the best fucking player in all the (college) land.

Its almost....

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I hope the doosh doesn't try to cram all the makeup games in at the end of the year forcing Iowa to have a week like ISU is going to have the first week of February:

2/6 - at Oklahoma
2/9 - at TCU
2/11 - at Kansas
2/13 - vs. Kansas

That would be brutal in late February/Early March going into the tourneys.
I don't think the Big Ten could make Iowa play a bunch of Big 12 teams, jeez man, use your head.

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Thunderous silence indicates no schedule change to get a game in Monday or Tuesday.

Bummer.

Last night was a pretty devastating loss for the prospect of ending the forty fucking two year drought.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I want to get all 20 in and my guess is that it happens. But I’d rather play 3 games in a week down the road than move up the Illinois game and not have CJ for it

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
What games last year did CJ miss? I know there were a few. He missed Nebrantska in Lincoln. What were the others?

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I thought he got injured at Penn St last year

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Thunderous silence indicates no schedule change to get a game in Monday or Tuesday.

Bummer.

Last night was a pretty devastating loss for the prospect of ending the forty fucking two year drought.
If Iowa finishes a game out of first, last night isn't going to be the one to remember.