**2020-2021 Iowa Basketball Season Thread**

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
It’s easy to hate Brad Davison becuase he’s a cunt and a Badger. It should be harder to dislike a Hawkeye.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
He needs to get on a plane back to Iowa. Fuck him.

Not a subscriber so no idea if bohannon said that. But he did say in the podcast that it wouldn’t make any sense for them to refuse to play.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Not a subscriber so no idea if bohannon said that. But he did say in the podcast that it wouldn’t make any sense for them to refuse to play.
Doesn't a mild application of common sense dictate that there's no way a senior on the best team of his lifetime with teammates he's very close to is gonna fuck up their tournament chances even the slightest bit?

Reaction score
They basically admit in the story that there are no plans for that, they want to play and they have a couple weeks to figure it out. Also seems pretty clear that if Emmert just says he'll meet with them, they're good for now.

Reaction score
Livers said it would make the most sense to consider efforts to protest or delay a game later in the tournament, such as during the Elite Eight or Final Four when there are fewer rosters to coordinate and perhaps even more eyeballs on them. The three of them have discussed the benefits of such a push already. “A delay would open a lot of eyes,” Livers said. He and Baker said they were optimistic they could continue to grow this social movement, especially while everyone is in Indianapolis.

“The fact that our core group is (made of) guys who are in the tournament and have a chance to make an impact right now is what makes it so special,” bohannon said. “We can have the talks about using our leverage as players to do something like that. Maybe it’s protesting a game or delaying a game — because it would be a nightmare for NCAA. I know they don’t want that.

“Right now, we certainly have the leverage to do that.”

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I get everyone is saying just be thankful you get to have a tournament this year. Think about how bad it is though. It’s gotta be pretty bad to get this right now from the players.

Reaction score
They basically admit in the story that there are no plans for that, they want to play and they have a couple weeks to figure it out. Also seems pretty clear that if Emmert just says he'll meet with them, they're good for now.
I certainly didn't take that away from it. They are fully prepared to do whatever it takes to get the most social media clout.

I get everyone is saying just be thankful you get to have a tournament this year. Think about how bad it is though. It’s gotta be pretty bad to get this right now from the players.
Fuck your retarded ass. It isn't bad at all, this is a PR stunt.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
They aren't going to do shit. The absolute outside effort might be delaying a regional final or final four game by about 5 minutes.

Never has anyone worked so hard to get Stivers Ford to give them $1500.

Reaction score
This is the key part:
Baker said he, bohannon and Livers hope that they will get a response to the list of demands they put out Wednesday night. They’d particularly like Emmert to agree to sit down with them. But if they don’t receive the acknowledgement they want, they are prepared to potentially escalate their efforts.

“The good part about this tournament is it’s over multiple weeks,” Baker said. “So there’s time to come up with something.”

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
It’ll be fine if they win. If we have to listen to all of this and then they drop their first round game, hoo boy.
‘The less you say, the less you have to take back.’-Kirk Ferentz.

I’m actually curious how the conversation between them and Emmert would go. I’m sure it would be pretty boring and accomplish next to nothing.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Golic Jr. just said he got 5 grand to do a signing right after he graduated. Must be nice to be a golden domer.

gohawkeyes811

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I love Fran and he's the ultimate player's coach but you gotta believe all of these other coaches are laughing at him right now. What a stupid fucking distraction.
True but true isn't anything new out of Jordan. I'm sure they just kind of tune it out.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I kind of wonder if it would be smart for a coach to come out strong in support likeness and what not. Probably wouldn't hurt recruiting any.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Right, this is nothing. Jordan is an outspoken douche and that isn't a distraction to the rest of the team as they are used to it.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Emmert doesn’t have to do shit and he likely won’t.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Patrick posted an Instagram story of little brother Jack being able to dunk already.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I mean we had an offensive lineman play two weeks after a meniscus repair

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
That kid is going to be a load and will be the best of all the McCaffery's.
I thought he might be a Brunner type, but looking at how he is growing up / aging, he might be a more athletic Wieskamp. Or Keith Vanhorn type.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I thought he might be a Brunner type, but looking at how he is growing up / aging, he might be a more athletic Wieskamp. Or Keith Vanhorn type.
What? No. He's literally nothing like Wieskamp.

Wieskamp is slender and a true shooter and slashing wing that has more than enough athleticism.

Jack is going to be a load. This obviously isn't a great comparison for the future, but right now Connor and Pat refer to him as lil' Jokic.