**2020-2021 Iowa Basketball Season Thread**

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
I predict bohannon continues to hang around the program, tries to set himself up as a some sort player advocate, deriding the NCAA on Twitter and trying to set up endorsement deals for current Hawkeyes with local car dealerships and the like

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Easy to say in hindsight, but the perception of Iowa coming into the season was inflated by the return of Garza. I’ll admit, I bought into the hype.

I understand that Iowa is often going to be out manned on the perimeter, but the effort and defensive (lack of) execution is inexcusable at this point.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I predict bohannon continues to hang around the program, tries to set himself up as a some sort player advocate, deriding the NCAA on Twitter and trying to set up endorsement deals for current Hawkeyes with local car dealerships and the like
Just kill me now, thanks.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Mark my words, bohannon is going to end up as our version of Niang, just without tits.

EDIT: on social media anyways.

Last edited:

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Seeing a lot of bitching for Fran not getting more out of this roster. That's totally backwards to me. Fran needs to start recruiting better or I don't know how much more you can expect him to get out of this caliber of players.

Iowa's recruiting classes that made up this roster, per 247:

2020: 60
2019: 73
2018: 67
2017: 57

gohawkeyes811

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Seeing a lot of bitching for Fran not getting more out of this roster. That's totally backwards to me. Fran needs to start recruiting better or I don't know how much more you can expect him to get out of this caliber of players.

Fans are usually quite reasonable

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Easy to say in hindsight, but the perception of Iowa coming into the season was inflated by the return of Garza. I’ll admit, I bought into the hype.
Inflated? They returned the best player in the country and the rest of the team that mattered. It wasn't inflated.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I wonder if CJ gained weight because he felt like being lazy in the middle of an all time season, or maybe a bad foot limited his practice and workout time.
Don’t they get training table? Shouldn’t be hard to prevent unwanted weight gain.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score

These numbers really should be more startling. Luka probably saved Frans shit.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He’s to the point where he’s old for baseball. He’s 22 now and will be 23. That’s ancient in that sport.
I don't mean focus as a post-collegiate career, I meant so he's not spread thin balancing two sports another year. Physically he has had some issues with it already

Reaction score
They shouldn’t have to. My comment was if CJ is gaining unwanted weight, that’s on him. No excuses.
Okay but when you're not allowed to run and start burning 3,000 fewer calories per day, it doesn't take much. By all accounts he was restricted from practicing and running pretty consistently the last 7-8 weeks.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm with Hiawatha on CJ. It would take an exceptional kid to watch every calorie and not follow his appetite. I bet half you dudes were chubby in college.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
I'm with Hiawatha on CJ. It would take an exceptional kid to watch every calorie and not follow his appetite. I bet half you dudes were chubby in college.
My chubbiness had no impact on my value to the university.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Kinda bummed with looking at the box score. Luka absolutely pushed their shit in and it wasn’t close to enough.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The team Instagram account had individual pictures of Garza, bohannon and Wieskamp on their story. Seems pretty telling what that means for Wieskamp.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Id rather live in Paris than Oklahoma City.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The team Instagram account had individual pictures of Garza, bohannon and Wieskamp on their story. Seems pretty telling what that means for Wieskamp.
My buddy sent me a screenshot of toussaint commenting somewhere that he "was blessed to play with you"

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Yeah it’ll be awful collecting 7 figures to live in Europe. Fucking sounds terrible. He should go to the Muscatine Y for summer workouts instead. He has a key and everything.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He played well down the stretch.
He did, and I wasn't critisizing him. He and Keegan were at least taking shots and not shying away. I fear CJ is always going to be a 7-12 points a game guy that will pass up good enough looks. Great guy to have on a good team, but I feel he'll frustrate us next year.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Ulis, healthy CJ, keegan, Patrick, healthy Nunge is a damn good team, and way better on D. Obviously some big ifs in there though. Toussaint, Connor, Perkins, Sandfort, and Kris main guys off bench.

Ideally we get a grad transfer post and 3&D wing