**2020-2021 Iowa Basketball Season Thread**

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
Keegan had a breakout type of year and should be scary good next season. My only concern is that without Garza on the floor he'll draw a lot more attention. We'll see how he does when defenses key on him.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Next year's hopes and dreams start and end with a plug and play pickup at the post position.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Ulis, healthy CJ, keegan, Patrick, healthy Nunge is a damn good team, and way better on D. Obviously some big ifs in there though. Toussaint, Connor, Perkins, Sandfort, and Kris main guys off bench.

Ideally we get a grad transfer post and 3&D wing
40% of that starting lineup isn’t reliable due to injuries. And I’m not sure that group can score 60-70 ppg.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
40% of that starting lineup isn’t reliable due to injuries. And I’m not sure that group can score 60-70 ppg.
The difference between 60-70 ppg covers over 1/3 of the entire D1 universe, from #202 to #336

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Ulis, healthy CJ, keegan, Patrick, healthy Nunge is a damn good team, and way better on D. Obviously some big ifs in there though. Toussaint, Connor, Perkins, Sandfort, and Kris main guys off bench.

Ideally we get a grad transfer post and 3&D wing
Some big ifs....if Ulis or Patrick can handle extended minutes...if Nunge and CJ can stay healthy...if Keegan can be a focal point of the offense...if the bench will have other players.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I don’t know if keegan is the offensive focal point of that team yet. Personally I think Nunge could be/have been all conference if healthy.

I liked the glimpses of what I’ve seen defensively out of that group. But, yeah, health is a big question.

I think going after Ellis is a good idea, along with someone like Robbins or Foster.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don’t know if keegan is the offensive focal point of that team yet. Personally I think Nunge could be/have been all conference if healthy.

I liked the glimpses of what I’ve seen defensively out of that group. But, yeah, health is a big question.

I think going after Ellis is a good idea, along with someone like Robbins or Foster.
So a signed Texas commitment and two dudes that aren't in the portal. Fran better step his game up.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Seeing a lot of bitching for Fran not getting more out of this roster. That's totally backwards to me. Fran needs to start recruiting better or I don't know how much more you can expect him to get out of this caliber of players.

Iowa's recruiting classes that made up this roster, per 247:

2020: 60
2019: 73
2018: 67
2017: 57
No wonder we beat Grand Canyon.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
My buddy sent me a screenshot of toussaint commenting somewhere that he "was blessed to play with you"
Really don’t want to look into Instagram too much but Iowa has since added other players. Toussaints post was directed at Garza.