2020 Football Recruiting

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I’m here for the surprise recruits.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Is there anyone not expected to sign today? How many spots do they have open to add someone in February?

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Is there anyone not expected to sign today? How many spots do they have open to add someone in February?
Keylen Gulley and Michael Lois not expected to sign.

Edit: not expected to sign in the early period. Lois likely to sign still in Feb as he monitors his recovery. Not sure of the story on Gulley and his timing.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Keylen Gulley and Michael Lois not expected to sign.
I get Lois, but why don't they want Gulley to sign? Grades?

I'm interested to see how Hurkett pans out. Not a lot of interest from outside of Iowa, but coaches offered early.

Reaction score
I don't get why they don't just have Gulley sign (he would have). If he doesn't qualify he doesn't qualify.

I'm still a little bitter about them cutting Frank Darby loose and then he fully qualified and turned into a productive receiver at ASU.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
And Jalen Hunt last season, could use him on the dline next season

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Craig LOI come in.

Reaction score
This guy has one of the most pathetic offer lists I've ever seen from an Iowa recruit but I'm not questioning their ability to evaluate defensive backs anymore.
IIRC he grew 6+ inches in the year or so leading up to the June 2019 Lindenwood camp Iowa was at in St. Louis. He had a good camp and got an offer. He committed 3 weeks later.

He also looks like he's 12 so hopefully he's a late bloomer
He was 16 this summer when he committed.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
So...we're just going to ignore all of the horrible puns in the official Football program Twitter feed? Ok.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
So...we're just going to ignore all of the horrible puns in the official Football program Twitter feed? Ok.
All of these Dem-presidential-candidate-thread-worthy puns and they don't go with something about Volk and "of the people"? Disappointing.
So am I nobody to you? Is that it? I'm nothing?

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Based on rivals, the 7 highest ranked football recruits that are committed to the acc ar all committed to Clemson , that includes six five stars, ohio state has the top 5 recruits committed to the big 10, 3 of which are 5 stars.

There are 33 five star recruits by rivals and 22 of them are committed to 5 schools-- clemson 6, georgia 6, LSU 4, OSU 3 and Alabama 3.

Only teams have ever won a playoff game--Alabama, clemson, osu, uga, and Oregon.
There is no parity in college football

Bob

Reaction score
Based on rivals, the 7 highest ranked football recruits that are committed to the acc ar all committed to Clemson , that includes six five stars, ohio state has the top 5 recruits committed to the big 10, 3 of which are 5 stars.

There are 33 five star recruits by rivals and 22 of them are committed to 5 schools-- clemson 6, georgia 6, LSU 4, OSU 3 and Alabama 3.

Only teams have ever won a playoff game--Alabama, clemson, osu, uga, and Oregon.
There is no parity in college football
I mean there really hasn't ever been parity in college football so it shouldn't be that much of a surprise. Maybe the 80s kinda, I guess?

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Well yes. Sucks though. Paying players probably won’t make a difference either way

Bob

Reaction score
Well yes. Sucks though. Paying players probably won’t make a difference either way
It does drive home how dumb it is when people act like paying them will somehow destroy parity though. "Only the richest schools will be able to win titles" yeah man no shit, what have you been watching?

Bob

Reaction score
Locksley can recruit
He'd been kind of getting his ass kicked in DC/Maryland this cycle aside from this kid but yeah shouldn't be too much of a surprise when they pull a big name or two

douglasbader

Reaction score

douglasbader

Reaction score
I love the new early signing period and would guess 99% of the coaches love it as well. The hype and build up and shenanigans that you used to get leading up to the February signing date wasn't good for anyone.

So many kids flipping, shitty back alley recruiting, look at me bullshit and a pain in the ass for coaches right after bowl season.

Now they get to take the month of January to maybe sign another couple of players or concentrate on other things.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
I'm drawing a blank, but didn't we have a QB recruit from California in one of these classes?

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score