**2020 Hawkeyes in the NFL**

Reaction score
wirfs looks like he belongs so far. anthony nelson getting some snaps on the current series as well

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Yeah wirfs has looked good and Kittle picking up right where he left off

Reaction score
Wirfs is doing a hell of a job against Cam Jordan. Their LT is getting worked by guys who aren’t as good as Jordan.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Kittle alright? Saw he might have hyperextended his knee

Reaction score
OJ getting a little screen time as well.
He did a great job coming downhill on the crossing route, no surprise there. If he could cover deep balls better, he would have been a 1st rounder.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Jewel got the start, as well. Has been flying around in run defense, but biting on play action.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I forgot hooker was on the Titans

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
The narrative on Noah Fant by a lot of Iowa fans and especially their own beat writers has reached all time levels of retardation.

They act as if Iowa barely played or used him because he got his ass disciplined in one game during a season where he was playing/practicing half assed and had checked out. Not to mention he was a penalty machine and also playing next to a guy that turned out to be even better than he was.

Fant was utilized all the time at Iowa and a Mackey Award level numbers wise.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I have seriously held my Twitter handle. I am feeling stress...

douglasbader

Reaction score
Fuckin hell that comments section
I hate all of them. They are so incredibly stupid.

Listen, I get that there was a game there where Fant either got benched or took himself out and Iowa lost his last year partially because of it, but that is Iowa and I agree with the coaches in that situation.

Fant had acted like a fuckwad before the season even began. He started that season with multiple penalties and a dropped wide open touchdown in the first game. He had other penalties throughout the year. He was at least partially responsible for the debacle at the end of the Penn State game. His family seemed to be a pain in the ass and then he sat out the bowl game. He had partially checked out and bought into his own hype and status before the season even started.

This all doesn't even mention that a better overall TE emerged right next to him and won the Mackey award.

To act now like Iowa never even looked his way and it is because the coaches are stupid is fucking dumb.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I hate all of them. They are so incredibly stupid.

Listen, I get that there was a game there where Fant either got benched or took himself out and Iowa lost his last year partially because of it, but that is Iowa and I agree with the coaches in that situation.

Fant had acted like a fuckwad before the season even began. He started that season with multiple penalties and a dropped wide open touchdown in the first game. He had other penalties throughout the year. He was at least partially responsible for the debacle at the end of the Penn State game. His family seemed to be a pain in the ass and then he sat out the bowl game. He had partially checked out and bought into his own hype and status before the season even started.

This all doesn't even mention that a better overall TE emerged right next to him and won the Mackey award.

To act now like Iowa never even looked his way and it is because the coaches are stupid is fucking dumb.
every fan....

douglasbader

Reaction score
every fan....
This is leading me down a painful 2018 season rabbit hole.

Holy shit, of all recent years that is the one that is infuriating. They ended up 8-4 and should have been 10-2 at worst an more like 11-1.

Had Wisconsin beat at home, the debacle at Penn State, bullshit fucking around at Purdue and then inexcusable at home loss to Northwestern.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

Holy shit, of all recent years that is the one that is infuriating. They ended up 8-4 and should have been 10-2 at worst an more like 11-1.

Had Wisconsin beat at home, the debacle at Penn State, bullshit fucking around at Purdue and then inexcusable at home loss to Northwestern.
I was there for all of it. FML.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score

The random hold call against I believe Render late in the Purdue game was a travesty.
Beyer not getting out of the way of a punt against Wisconsin.
Penn State was Nate playing his worst game of his career.
Northwestern was a culmination of everything.

Personally the Nebrantska game was almost worse than all of them. There was no reason not to be up 21+ points the entire game. They couldn't stop the run. Iowa let them hang around by throwing the ball then almost lost.

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Jake Rudock was cut by the Dolphins. That's about as low as it gets and could be the end of his illustrious career.

thrawn

Reaction score
The random hold call against I believe Render late in the Purdue game was a travesty.
Beyer not getting out of the way of a punt against Wisconsin.
Penn State was Nate playing his worst game of his career.
Northwestern was a culmination of everything.

Personally the Nebrantska game was almost worse than all of them. There was no reason not to be up 21+ points the entire game. They couldn't stop the run. Iowa let them hang around by throwing the ball then almost lost.
Purdue also got an iffy PI set up the winning FG. Iowa was down to like four DBs by that point.

IT wasn’t a 2010 disappointment, but not winning the West one of the last three seasons was a missed opportunity given how much talent they had.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Jake Rudock was cut by the Dolphins. That's about as low as it gets and could be the end of his illustrious career.
If he wanted NFL glory I guess it sucks. Guy made millions and an NFL pension with plenty of life left if he wants to start a second career...all while limiting the damage to his body and brain. Maybe he still wants to be a doctor?

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Is Beathard injured or did Mullens pass him on the depth chart?

Reaction score
Hock- 4 catches for 62, long of 29
Fant- 4 for 57, 1TD, long of 22
Josey- 4 tackles, 3 solo
OJ- 7 tackles, 6 solo, 1 PD
Niemann- 9 tackles, 5 solo
Hitch- 9 tackles, 7 solo
Des- 6 solo tackles, lost an int and return due to offside call
Hooker- 2 solos, 1 PD
Hyde- 9 tackles, 6 solo, 1 PD
Kirksey- 12 tackles, 10 solo
Jaleel- 6 tackles, 4 solo, 1 TFL