**2021/2022 Bowl Games Thread**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Still way too many bowl possibilities for Iowa to spell them all out. This weekend should clear up at least the lowest of them if Iowa wins.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Still way too many bowl possibilities for Iowa to spell them all out. This weekend should clear up at least the lowest of them if Iowa wins.
It is with that attitude. I think you can do it. Give it a shot.

Reaction score
But what if they’re playing mighty Ole Miss?????
I have some ole miss inlaws. I like that team, but I wouldn’t enjoy Iowa playing them.

Unless the hawks tore them a new one, but idk about that.

douglasbader

Reaction score
It is with that attitude. I think you can do it. Give it a shot.
Fine, here we go!!

- Win out and hope Wisconsin loses. Win or don't get blown out in the BTC and it is the Rose Bowl.

- Win out and Wisconsin wins. Hope that there is enough chaos that pushes one of the East teams and Wisconsin down so that Iowa gets a NY6 bowl game.

- Win out and the "worst" case of Wisconsin wining out and the 3 other East teams finish above. Iowa goes to the Capital One bowl or whatever it is called now.

- Beat Illinois and lose to Nebrantska. Maybe the Capital One, maybe the Outback, maybe the Las Vegas or maybe the Music City.

- Lose out and likely go to the Las Vegas or Music City.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Fine, here we go!!

- Win out and hope Wisconsin loses. Win or don't get blown out in the BTC and it is the Rose Bowl.

- Win out and Wisconsin wins. Hope that there is enough chaos that pushes one of the East teams and Wisconsin down so that Iowa gets a NY6 bowl game.

- Win out and the "worst" case of Wisconsin wining out and the 3 other East teams finish above. Iowa goes to the Capital One bowl or whatever it is called now.

- Beat Illinois and lose to Nebrantska. Maybe the Capital One, maybe the Outback, maybe the Las Vegas or maybe the Music City.

- Lose out and likely go to the Las Vegas or Music City.
The top 3 are the most likely.

I’m fully prepared to get fucked and end up getting fall down beach drunk in Tampa.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The top 3 are the most likely.

I’m fully prepared to get fucked and end up getting fall down beach drunk in Tampa.
Today likely gave some clarity. If Iowa can beat Nebrantska and finish 10-2, then I think they are going to end up in the NY6 bowl ahead of Michigan State and a 4 loss Wisconsin.

Ohio State or Michigan to the CFP
The loser to the Rose Bowl
Iowa to the Fiesta against Oklahoma State
Michigan State / Wisconsin split up the Capital One and Outback

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Someone in the box was wearing sugar bowl stuff, but that seemed a little weird

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Today likely gave some clarity. If Iowa can beat Nebrantska and finish 10-2, then I think they are going to end up in the NY6 bowl ahead of Michigan State and a 4 loss Wisconsin.

i got a boner

pjhawk

I am a giant douche
Reaction score

You need Michigan St to lose to Penn St for this scenario to work out.

pjhawk

I am a giant douche
Reaction score
10-2 MSU is going to be much more highly regarded than 10-2 Iowa, they play in the perceived much tougher BiG East and they actually have a big win against 10-1 Michigan. Iowa hasn't beaten anybody and shit the bed in their real chance at a sort of genuine big win against Wisconsin. Plus MSU has a Heisman candidate running back, they're just a more attractive team to any national audience and the CFP committee will go with that.

I think Iowa gets Cap 1 Bowl in this scenario. Which ain't bad.

douglasbader

Reaction score
10-2 MSU is going to be much more highly regarded than 10-2 Iowa, they play in the perceived much tougher BiG East and they actually have a big win against 10-1 Michigan. Iowa hasn't beaten anybody and shit the bed in their real chance at a genuine big win this year against Wisconsin. Plus MSU has a Heisman candidate running back, they're just a more attractive team to any national audience and the CFP committee will go with that.

I think Iowa gets Cap 1 Bowl in this scenario. Which ain't bad.
Oh.

Yeah, you are likely right, but Michigan State is going to lose to Penn State.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
MSU's pass defense is horrendous. They're a paper tiger, they really should have lost to Michigan.

pjhawk

I am a giant douche
Reaction score
We really need MSU to lose to Penn St. Otherwise I can see Iowa dropping to the Outback, there's no way 4 loss Wisconsin should really drop below Iowa in the "MSU to the NY6" scenario after kicking Iowa's butt, winning the West and then losing to potential super team tOSU in the BiG championship.

Fucking Wisconsin. They haven't been to Orlando since the 2013 season, but they have been to the Cotton, Orange, and Rose Bowl in the last 5 years.

Last edited:

douglasbader

Reaction score
We really need MSU to lose to Penn St. Otherwise I can see Iowa dropping to the Outback, there's no way 4 loss Wisconsin should really drop below Iowa in the "MSU to the NY6" scenario after kicking Iowa's butt, winning the West and then losing to potential super team tOSU in the BiG championship.
The only thing I would point out is that once you get past the NY6 games, the placement is really about fit and where teams have been in the past.

I think it would be an easy decision to put 10-2 Iowa in the Capital One or whatever it is called now over 9-4 Wisconsin despite the head to head loss. Can't imagine that the Big Ten would want to send Iowa to the Outback bowl for the 4th time in less than a decade.

pjhawk

I am a giant douche
Reaction score
The only thing I would point out is that once you get past the NY6 games, the placement is really about fit and where teams have been in the past.

I think it would be an easy decision to put 10-2 Iowa in the Capital One or whatever it is called now over 9-4 Wisconsin despite the head to head loss. Can't imagine that the Big Ten would want to send Iowa to the Outback bowl for the 4th time in less than a decade.
Yeah, you're right and that actually makes more sense. I edited my post above--Wisconsin really hasn't gone to Tampa or Orlando very much recently since they've been going to effing NY6 Bowls.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The game location doesn’t matter as much as I just like when they play a new opponent.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
What is the touchback rule?!?

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
You think I'm going to let some stupid fuckboy n00b start something like a bowl thread on this site and get away with it??

Time to start talking bowls, boyz. The right way.
Suck my horse cock you fucking slappy

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
MSU's pass defense is horrendous. They're a paper tiger, they really should have lost to Michigan.
Should have lost to Nebrantska as well, I think they beat Nebrantska without a single first down in the second half or some such shit.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Should have lost to Nebrantska as well, I think they beat Nebrantska without a single first down in the second half or some such shit.
Beating Nebrantska with horrible offensive statistics is an Iowa pastime

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Michigan state had a national spot today and was down 49-0 at half. They lost all respect today.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Michigan state had a national spot today and was down 49-0 at half. They lost all respect today.
Agree with this as well. This loss will hurt more than the Purdue/Wisconsin losses for Iowa combined.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The rankings tonight make it clear the following has to happen for Iowa to make it to a NY6 game.....

- Iowa has to beat Nebrantska
- Michigan State has to lose to Penn State
and/or
- Wisconsin has to lose to Minnesota (or look bad if they win) and then get destroyed by Ohio State

If Iowa wins, at worst they lock up the Citrus Bowl (we kept calling it the Capital One, but that sponsor moved on). If they lose, then it could be anything from the Citrus Bowl to the Las Vegas/Music City bowl.

Best case scenario for our viewing pleasure....

Iowa beats down Nebrantska on Friday afternoon. Watch TCU beat Iowa State right after and then follow it up with the Iowa Basketball game at 6:00pm.

Saturday morning get up and watch Michigan finally beat Ohio State. Then at 2:30pm/3pm we see the celebration of James Franklin taking a piss on Michigan State along with our boy PJ rows the damn boat all over Wisconsin.

Somewhere around 7pm this thread on Halo blows up along with the **Official Iowa vs. Michigan BTT Game thread** being started.

Bunk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
PJ rows the damn boat all over Wisconsin.
There's really no particular reason why I think this, but I do think Minnesota pulls one out of their ass and wins this weekend.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
The rankings tonight make it clear the following has to happen for Iowa to make it to a NY6 game.....

- Iowa has to beat Nebrantska
- Michigan State has to lose to Penn State
and/or
- Wisconsin has to lose to Minnesota (or look bad if they win) and then get destroyed by Ohio State

If Iowa wins, at worst they lock up the Citrus Bowl (we kept calling it the Capital One, but that sponsor moved on). If they lose, then it could be anything from the Citrus Bowl to the Las Vegas/Music City bowl.

Best case scenario for our viewing pleasure....

Iowa beats down Nebrantska on Friday afternoon. Watch TCU beat Iowa State right after and then follow it up with the Iowa Basketball game at 6:00pm.

Saturday morning get up and watch Michigan finally beat Ohio State. Then at 2:30pm/3pm we see the celebration of James Franklin taking a piss on Michigan State along with our boy PJ rows the damn boat all over Wisconsin.

Somewhere around 7pm this thread on Halo blows up along with the **Official Iowa vs. Michigan BTT Game thread** being started.
the hot ropes will be flowing uncontrollably if this happens…the refractory period won’t be a thing

Gushawk

Reaction score
It will be hard to get my wife to cooperate with guests in the house, but I’ll try. Or be spending a lot of time in the shower after each result rolls in. Can’t wait for the Ron Paul gifs as the chips start to fall.

Last edited:

Gushawk

Reaction score
I hope he is too, papi. I hope he is too.

Reactions: BBK

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The only chance you really have against Wisconsins defense is having a QB that can run around and make random throws down the field or hope they turn the ball over a lot.