**2021/2022 Bowl Games Thread**

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
The only chance you really have against Wisconsins defense is having a QB that can run around and make random throws down the field or hope they turn the ball over a lot.
Or hope the real Mertz shows up

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
The only chance you really have against Wisconsins defense is having a QB that can run around and make random throws down the field or hope they turn the ball over a lot.
If you are great on the OL, especially in pass protection, they can be had.

TAIhawk

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I have heard people arguing that a Purdue win against Indiana somehow helps us in our bowl placement scenario…. I have no fucking clue how that would impact anything at all….

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Iowa at worst has locked up the Citrus Bowl. Here are all the scenarios and who you want to root for today.....

- Citrus Bowl is at worst is locked. They likely would play Texas A&M.
- Rose Bowl is a possibility, but that would take Wisconsin losing and then Iowa winning the Big Ten Championship by beating either Ohio State or Michigan. I'd put this at about a 1% chance at best.
- Fiesta Bowl has become a strong if not the most likely scenario. Michigan State is down 20+ players today and should lose to Penn State.

Today could be a lot of fun. Root for chaos. Minnesota rowing that fucking boat and beating Wisconsin would be orgasmic. Also root for Michigan to take down Ohio State.

Beyond that, you should all be fans of USC, LSU, Penn State, Oregon State and Oklahoma State.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Iowa at worst has locked up the Citrus Bowl. Here are all the scenarios and who you want to root for today.....

- Citrus Bowl is at worst is locked. They likely would play Texas A&M.
- Rose Bowl is a possibility, but that would take Wisconsin losing and then Iowa winning the Big Ten Championship by beating either Ohio State or Michigan. I'd put this at about a 1% chance at best.
- Fiesta Bowl has become a strong if not the most likely scenario. Michigan State is down 20+ players today and should lose to Penn State.

Today could be a lot of fun. Root for chaos. Minnesota rowing that fucking boat and beating Wisconsin would be orgasmic. Also root for Michigan to take down Ohio State.

Beyond that, you should all be fans of USC, LSU, Penn State, Oregon State and Oklahoma State.
I think this is a bit optimistic.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
You think what is a bit optimistic?
The path to a NY6 game seems very unlikely. I agree it would take a lot of chaos and so I don’t see Fiesta being anything close to a strong/most likely scenario. A ton of shit would need to go down. I think you’re probably correct on the Citrus, as Wisconsin has been there recently and sparty will either end up falling or in a NY6

douglasbader

Reaction score
The path to a NY6 game seems very unlikely. I agree it would take a lot of chaos and so I don’t see Fiesta being anything close to a strong/most likely scenario. A ton of shit would need to go down. I think you’re probably correct on the Citrus, as Wisconsin has been there recently and sparty will either end up falling or in a NY6
You don't need a lot of chaos for the Fiesta to happen. Iowa's going to move up this week into the Top 15 and after Championship week they likely settle in around #12.

Michigan State will drop below Iowa with a loss today. Wisconsin would possibly drop below Iowa if they lose in the Big Ten Championship. It's likely that one of the 3 Big XII teams currently ahead of Iowa will drop below them.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
You don't need a lot of chaos for the Fiesta to happen. Iowa's going to move up this week into the Top 15 and after Championship week they likely settle in around #12.

Michigan State will drop below Iowa with a loss today. Wisconsin would possibly drop below Iowa if they lose in the Big Ten Championship. It's likely that one of the 3 Big XII teams currently ahead of Iowa will drop below them.
I guess I’d like to see the math on getting into the top 12 (and maybe 11 depending on how ACC settles). I may be wrong.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Is there a scenario for the Hawks to end up in the Outback (e.g., Michigan State beating PSU today)?

douglasbader

Reaction score
Is there a scenario for the Hawks to end up in the Outback (e.g., Michigan State beating PSU today)?
I would never put it past Garta and Kirk to beg to be in that game, but can't imagine the Outback or the Big Ten want to send Iowa to that game for the 4th time in 9 years. Wisconsin hasn't been there in a long time and I don't think Michigan State has been either.

Also, if Michigan State beats Penn State today, they are a lock for the NY6 and Fiesta.

That is why I think the Citrus is a lock as their non-NY6 option.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
I don’t want to go to Orlando. I don’t wear socks with sandals.

pjhawk

I am a giant douche
Reaction score
Today simplified things, it's either Rose or Citrus. An actual old school 1990's scenario.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Top 10 guess on Tuesday....

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Alabama
4. Cincinnati
5. Oklahoma State
6. Notre Dame
7. Ohio State
8. Baylor
9. Ole Miss
10. Michigan State

pjhawk

I am a giant douche
Reaction score
A pretty great scenario considering everything.
Yeah, and now that I think about it, we were probably rooting for the wrong team per MSU v Penn St. Better that MSU won. Can't see how MSU would be kicked out of the NY6 now which locks the Citrus absolutely positively for sure for Iowa if Peaches can't get us by Michigan.

Last edited:

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Top 10 guess on Tuesday....

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Alabama
4. Cincinnati
5. Oklahoma State
6. Notre Dame
7. Ohio State
8. Baylor
9. Ole Miss
10. Michigan State
The best part of all of this is all the convoluted rooting interests it sets up. Cincy fans are
fanatic Georgia, Iowa and likely Baylor fans this coming weekend. Oklahoma State fans hoping like hell Georgia takes out Bama too.

pjhawk

I am a giant douche
Reaction score
I know nobody but Howler cares, but MSU is in kind of an Iowa 2009 BCS situation. Wake Forest/PItt are gonna take one of those top 12 spots away and then they have to hope Utah doesn't upset Oregon. Still remember sweating out the end of that Big 12 championship game in 2009 between Nebrantska and Texas when the time keeper kept that one second on the clock so Texas could crush Husker dreams and send Iowa to the Orange Bowl.

iowa4ever20

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Yeah, and now that I think about it, we were probably rooting for the wrong team per MSU v Penn St. Better that MSU won. Can't see how MSU would be kicked out of the NY6 now which locks the Citrus absolutely positively for sure for Iowa if Peaches can't get us by Michigan.
Please explain? A Michigan State loss today would have for sure put us ahead of them in the NY6 pecking order if we lose next week.

Reaction score
Roy really is a great dude and really important to the program after all the bullshit some of our former players tried to pull. Those fucking assholes who tried to railroad Kirk can eat shit for eternity.
yet there were fuckheads in chat that wanted them to win their lawsuit because kirk played spencer in the 2nd half against Nebrantska.

pjhawk

I am a giant douche
Reaction score
Please explain? A Michigan State loss today would have for sure put us ahead of them in the NY6 pecking order if we lose next week.
Iowa loses to Michigan and they are nowhere close to the NY6. That's the same kind of thinking as the people at the TOS thinking that Iowa still has a chance for the CFP, not gonna happen.

And thinking about it again, if Iowa beats Michigan we probably also knock MSU out of the NY6, MSU goes to Citrus.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
yet there were fuckheads in chat that wanted them to win their lawsuit because kirk played spencer in the 2nd half against Nebrantska.
Yeah but then Kirk blocked that punt, caused the fumble and got that safety.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The rankings tonight make it clear the following has to happen for Iowa to make it to a NY6 game.....

- Iowa has to beat Nebrantska
- Michigan State has to lose to Penn State
and/or
- Wisconsin has to lose to Minnesota (or look bad if they win) and then get destroyed by Ohio State

If Iowa wins, at worst they lock up the Citrus Bowl (we kept calling it the Capital One, but that sponsor moved on). If they lose, then it could be anything from the Citrus Bowl to the Las Vegas/Music City bowl.

Best case scenario for our viewing pleasure....

Iowa beats down Nebrantska on Friday afternoon. Watch TCU beat Iowa State right after and then follow it up with the Iowa Basketball game at 6:00pm.

Saturday morning get up and watch Michigan finally beat Ohio State. Then at 2:30pm/3pm we see the celebration of James Franklin taking a piss on Michigan State along with our boy PJ rows the damn boat all over Wisconsin.

Somewhere around 7pm this thread on Halo blows up along with the **Official Iowa vs. Michigan BTT Game thread** being started.
Most of this happened, at least the really important and good parts!

pjhawk

I am a giant douche
Reaction score
The best part of all of this is all the convoluted rooting interests it sets up. Cincy fans are
fanatic Georgia, Iowa and likely Baylor fans this coming weekend. Oklahoma State fans hoping like hell Georgia takes out Bama too.
Cincy has to be in if they win, no way in that scenario that team that lost to ISU gets into CFP over them.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
The rankings tonight make it clear the following has to happen for Iowa to make it to a NY6 game.....

- Iowa has to beat Nebrantska
- Michigan State has to lose to Penn State
and/or
- Wisconsin has to lose to Minnesota (or look bad if they win) and then get destroyed by Ohio State

If Iowa wins, at worst they lock up the Citrus Bowl (we kept calling it the Capital One, but that sponsor moved on). If they lose, then it could be anything from the Citrus Bowl to the Las Vegas/Music City bowl.

Best case scenario for our viewing pleasure....

Iowa beats down Nebrantska on Friday afternoon. Watch TCU beat Iowa State right after and then follow it up with the Iowa Basketball game at 6:00pm.

Saturday morning get up and watch Michigan finally beat Ohio State. Then at 2:30pm/3pm we see the celebration of James Franklin taking a piss on Michigan State along with our boy PJ rows the damn boat all over Wisconsin.

Somewhere around 7pm this thread on Halo blows up along with the **Official Iowa vs. Michigan BTT Game thread** being started.
Not perfect, but all the same beautiful wizardry.

I'll be rooting for you the rest of the way, cinedoug

douglasbader

Reaction score
Cincy has to be in if they win, no way in that scenario that team that lost to ISU gets into CFP over them.
Correct, they aren't getting skipped this year.

pjhawk

I am a giant douche
Reaction score
Sure NY6 = 1--Georgia,2--Alabama, 3--tOSU, 4--Michigan 5--Cincy 6--Notre Dame 7--Okie St/Baylor winner 8--Wake/Pitt winner 9--Utah/Oregon winner

For sure if Cincy and Michigan are not upset in Conference Championship games, 1--Ole Miss 2--Okie St/Baylor loser 3--MSU.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
that doesn’t mean that Petras back in wasn’t stupid, unless Padilla was sick