**2021/2022 Bowl Games Thread**

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
That reminds me of the made up story about the bartender in their 20s that said the Iowa fans were bad when they played there 13 years earlier

TAIhawk

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Where is the best place to go to find charter packages for whatever bowl game the Hawks go to? We were looking up hotel costs and they are nuts right now….. want to be able to secure spots without going broke. Thanks for any help, and yes…… I’ll go duck myself now

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Where is the best place to go to find charter packages for whatever bowl game the Hawks go to? We were looking up hotel costs and they are nuts right now….. want to be able to secure spots without going broke. Thanks for any help, and yes…… I’ll go duck myself now
Travel Leaders f/k/a Winebrenner Travel is the travel agency that is used by the University. It’s nice to have everything put together in a complete package, but you’ll be paying a premium for it. As many will tell you here, it’s cheaper to do it on your own.

They’ll announce their packages once the bowl game is announced on Sunday.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Travel Leaders f/k/a Winebrenner Travel is the travel agency that is used by the University. It’s nice to have everything put together in a complete package, but you’ll be paying a premium for it. As many will tell you here, it’s cheaper to do it on your own.

They’ll announce their packages once the bowl game is announced on Sunday.
Plus your tickets will suck balls

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I’m sure Jon Miller will offer something! Normally comes with a commemorative lanyard which I’m sure is worth the premium.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Holy shit, Nebrantska hasn’t played a bowl game in 5 years?!? Jesus Christ that is awful.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Bowl season is a great reminder how good we have it as Iowa fans sometimes. Watching a team like Florida missing a bunch of players but still with more talent on paper than a lot of the big ten, they get run over by an average UCF in part because they're too busy running their mouths and talking shit as a 6-6 team and getting penalized for it.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Bowl season is a great reminder how good we have it as Iowa fans sometimes. Watching a team like Florida missing a bunch of players but still with more talent on paper than a lot of the big ten, they get run over by an average UCF in part because they're too busy running their mouths and talking shit as a 6-6 team and getting penalized for it.
makes all the racism, nepotism, and taxpayer dollars worth it!

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Ohio State had to return 1/3 of their ticket allotment for the Rose Bowl because they couldn’t sell them. Probably doesn’t happen to any other Big Ten team.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Knowing those crazy effers, they probably spent all their money on hotels and tickets for Michigan’s playoff game.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Ohio State had to return 1/3 of their ticket allotment for the Rose Bowl because they couldn’t sell them. Probably doesn’t happen to any other Big Ten team.
I think this year that has a lot more to do with California and their vaccine / masking mandates. Not exactly fun to head out to the Rose Bowl if you can't do shit when you get there.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
I think this year that has a lot more to do with California and their vaccine / masking mandates. Not exactly fun to head out to the Rose Bowl if you can't do shit when you get there.
You can do things

TAIhawk

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
What can you not do in LA currently due to COVID? Please list things so I know.
Without wearing a mask? How about without showing “your papers”? Actually, quite a bit

iowa4ever20

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I have been in the Bay Area visiting my in-laws for the past week and have had to show my vaccine card to get into a few bars and restaurants but not all. I haven’t noticed anything closed due to the latest Covid mandate.

If deciding to travel to CA right now (OSU fans) and not vaccinated, I could see it being a decision point but it is just a very minor annoyance if you are vaccinated.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Utah has sold a fuck ton of tickets. It’s sad that the Rose Bowl is a step down in expectation for Ohio State fans.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
I have been in the Bay Area visiting my in-laws for the past week and have had to show my vaccine card to get into a few bars and restaurants but not all. I haven’t noticed anything closed due to the latest Covid mandate.

If deciding to travel to CA right now (OSU fans) and not vaccinated, I could see it being a decision point but it is just a very minor annoyance if you are vaccinated.
I live in LA and nothing is shut down. Some restaurants ask for a vaccine card or a photo of it. Others do not.

This is not 'Nam. There are (very minor) rules.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Ohio is wide open too. Hardly any masks anywhere. I do imagine (sadly) that masking plays a role in their reticence to attend the Rose Bowl

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I heard some restaurants in LA make you wear a mask while you eat your food

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think it's probably the entitled OSU fan thing. They're to the point of being above the Rose Bowl.

Secondly, drivable distance vs. flying during covid.

Maybe the difference between Ohio and California in handling covid plays a factor, but I assume it's not as important as message board dorks want it to be.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
Ohio St fans are an entitled fan base that has been to the CFP playoffs many times and fully expected to be there again this year. They have no appreciation for the historical significance of being a BIG in the Rose Bowl and I'm sure the opponent being Utah plays into it as well feeling they are beneath them.

They would not be rushing to fill that stadium in normal times even without Covid.