**2021-2022 Iowa Basketball Season Thread**

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I didn't think they could use university related facilities/logos in things

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Who is the third guy with Connor and JoeT?

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Feels like they're kind of trying to go for the 'so bad it's good thing,' but missed badly.

Last edited:

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
@AZmess Picked up some Herb N Lou’s last night. While I appreciated the cheap pints of Big Grove, they burned the hell out of my Lite Lou’s. Clean that shit up.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
I feel good about the rest of the season if we can count on 50+ ppg from the Murray twins.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
It is maddening watching this team try to defend the 3. I’d like to see Ogundele get about 10 min a game right now…especially against teams with good big men.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
It is maddening watching this team try to defend the 3. I’d like to see Ogundele get about 10 min a game right now…especially against teams with good big men.
I don’t understand frans logic on this piece. The defense is awful anyways, maybe try a legit big in there for a few minutes to at least show a different lineup.

Reaction score
I don’t understand frans logic on this piece. The defense is awful anyways, maybe try a legit big in there for a few minutes to at least show a different lineup.
There was no reason to play him tonight. They were only trying to space the floor and had no real low post threat. Rebraca was struggling on some of the ball screens. We destroyed them on the glass and Murray's at the 5 killed them offensively. He would've been a detriment tonight. I wish he would've played more against Illinois but I think it's a team specific thing for him.

B19Rob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Not sure what you guys are talking about. USU was getting open 3s by exploiting PNR game. It was when Rebraca came out and Iowa started switching everything that they finally got stops. Having Ogundele on the perimeter trying to hedge screens, etc would have been a complete disaster against Utah St.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
There was no reason to play him tonight. They were only trying to space the floor and had no real low post threat. Rebraca was struggling on some of the ball screens. We destroyed them on the glass and Murray's at the 5 killed them offensively. He would've been a detriment tonight. I wish he would've played more against Illinois but I think it's a team specific thing for him.
yea I agree. This is more of an in general comment than applied to this game comment. Utah state did not have the bigs to punish iowa.

Reaction score
Not sure what you guys are talking about. USU was getting open 3s by exploiting PNR game. It was when Rebraca came out and Iowa started switching everything that they finally got stops. Having Ogundele on the perimeter trying to hedge screens, etc would have been a complete disaster against Utah St.
That’s what I’m hearing too.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
I said especially against teams with good big men. He’s 6’11” and appears to be decently strong. I’d just like to see him get a little time.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
I'd like to see Josh O get a few minutes but I don't think his stamina allows for 10

B19Rob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Was just looking at some +/- stats on the year and noticed some interesting things:
(Note: I only considered the 5 decent teams Iowa has played thus far)
Ulis is the only player without a negative +/- in any game. In those 5 games his average is +8.
Kris is the only other player with a positive +/-, averaging +4.
Other averages:
Rebraca 0
Keegan -3
PMac -1
Joe T -2
JBo -4
Connor -1
Perkins -5
Sandfort -1
It's a small sample size and +/- is a notoriously noisy stat, but it seems like Ulis is the steady and versatile two-way guard this team needs. Iowa has clearly been better with him on the court. Ditto for Kris at the forward position.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Iowa is currently in middle of the pack nationally in adjusted defensive three point percentage. It is hard to see that as one of our major issues.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
YTD this has been one of the least entertaining basketball seasons I can ever remember, outside of the completely irrelevant Licklitter teams.