2021 Football Recruiting

Reaction score
Bollers may be perfect for Wisconsin, but, based on these bits of tape we see and a couple other factors, there's no way I'd trade Llewellyn for him and a player to be named later. He probably has my vote as the overall best player in the class.

Have to join Stinky in being skeptical of Harrell. He never seems to demonstrate explosion in his highlights, though sometimes a guy is just "smooth" and doesn't look like he's as fast or intense as he might actually be. Would like to know if the coaches think he's projecting as they were thinking 18 months ago, however.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’ve asked before but I wonder if the coaches thinking is see what senior players want to come back. If there are still scholarships available his the portal to see if there are players that would have typically exhausted their eligibility but still want to play another year that don’t return to their original school.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
I’ve asked before but I wonder if the coaches thinking is see what senior players want to come back. If there are still scholarships available his the portal to see if there are players that would have typically exhausted their eligibility but still want to play another year that don’t return to their original school.
Next year and maybe the year after are going to be a bonanza of grad transfers. There are a shitload of good players that will graduate as redshirt juniors that have 2 years left.

Pretty much Helfin but we already have him.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
I take this back somewhat. The smart thing would have been for the IHSAA to tell him a month ago to not even bother moving because they weren't going to approve him.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
I take this back somewhat. The smart thing would have been for the IHSAA to tell him a month ago to not even bother moving because they weren't going to approve him.
The kid and his mom tried to do all of the right things. The IHSAA has complete fucked this up. It’s Karen Warren level at this point. The old white guys need to get a grip, admit that they are being petty, and show a little compassion during what is a really unfortunate situation

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
The kid and his mom tried to do all of the right things. The IHSAA has complete fucked this up. It’s Karen Warren level at this point. The old white guys need to get a grip, admit that they are being petty, and show a little compassion during what is a really unfortunate situation
I disagree, and isn't that the whole point that they didn't do any of the "right" things? They didn't follow any of the rules or guidelines, which like them right or wrong, are put in to prevent this exact scenario.

I don't really give a shit or anything, but I feel good for the kid who is starting at WR for that team right now that has likely grown up his entire life in the community and worked his ass off with his friends and was going to spend his senior year making memories and playing.

Bruce will be fine. He is graduating and going to Iowa in like 2 1/2 months anyways. He will get 4-5 more years of playing football. I would bet the kid playing instead of him now isn't going to ever play again. Let that kid have his moment.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
I disagree, and isn't that the whole point that they didn't do any of the "right" things? They didn't follow any of the rules or guidelines, which like them right or wrong, are put in to prevent this exact scenario.

I don't really give a shit or anything, but I feel good for the kid who is starting at WR for that team right now that has likely grown up his entire life in the community and worked his ass off with his friends and was going to spend his senior year making memories and playing.

Bruce will be fine. He is graduating and going to Iowa in like 2 1/2 months anyways. He will get 4-5 more years of playing football. I would bet the kid playing instead of him now isn't going to ever play again. Let that kid have his moment.
Yeah I’m super happy for the kid who runs routes as a decoy for Brecht.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
I mean the reason he isn’t being allowed to play is due to “dual residence”. Basically the IHSAA said that because Arland still has brothers living in Kansas his mom didn’t fully move to Iowa. In response, his mom transferred guardianship of her sons to their uncle until the younger kids are able to move here with her.

This is a mom trying to do everything right for her son, and it sucks that the IHSAA is being a little bitch about it and waited until the day of the first game to rule on the case. I’m not sure what legal standing the IHSAA even has at this point. And from a common decency perspective during a pandemic letting him play is the right thing to do. That family has jumped through a ton of hoops to comply, and it is frustrating seeing other guys come in from out of state and become eligible.

Ultimately, it doesn’t personally affect me. But to hell with the argument of “it would suck to have a transfer come in and take Jonny Soybean’s position”. That shit happens all the time at high schools all around the state. Kids transfer in and beat out try hards like myself. I tend to lean in favor of a single mom who was literally willing to pick up and move and temporarily transfer guardianship of two of her sons to allow her oldest son to live out his dream.

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Does Dowling have its own set of no rules in regards to transfers & outright recruiting?

The IHSAA is fucking retarded
My favorite thing is when guys like @StinkyMcFadden literally spend tens of thousands of dollars in tuition over the years, and just as it’s time for their offspring to reap that sweet, sweet reward of upperclassmen playing time, Dowling brings in some stud that relegates them to the bench. And on “sponsorship” no less.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
I mean the reason he isn’t being allowed to play is due to “dual residence”. Basically the IHSAA said that because Arland still has brothers living in Kansas his mom didn’t fully move to Iowa. In response, his mom transferred guardianship of her sons to their uncle until the younger kids are able to move here with her.

This is a mom trying to do everything right for her son, and it sucks that the IHSAA is being a little bitch about it and waited until the day of the first game to rule on the case. I’m not sure what legal standing the IHSAA even has at this point. And from a common decency perspective during a pandemic letting him play is the right thing to do. That family has jumped through a ton of hoops to comply, and it is frustrating seeing other guys come in from out of state and become eligible.

Ultimately, it doesn’t personally affect me. But to hell with the argument of “it would suck to have a transfer come in and take Jonny Soybean’s position”. That shit happens all the time at high schools all around the state. Kids transfer in and beat out try hards like myself. I tend to lean in favor of a single mom who was literally willing to pick up and move and temporarily transfer guardianship of two of her sons to allow her oldest son to live out his dream.
Sorry, disagree. The kid got dealt a shitty hand, same as thousands of other kids have across the country. If this were a case where the kid was singled out in another state and the only way to play was for single mom to pick up everything and move, then I would be possibly in favor of it.

This isn't what this is. An entire state of kids got fucked by their Governor and a global pandemic. That sucks, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that in order for him to not get fucked that we now have to fuck up other kids lives, especially the kids of tax paying residents.

Sorry. I'm sure you'll be fine with your already secured scholarship and early entry into the University of Iowa in January.

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Sorry, disagree. The kid got dealt a shitty hand, same as thousands of other kids have across the country. If this were a case where the kid was singled out in another state and the only way to play was for single mom to pick up everything and move, then I would be possibly in favor of it.

This isn't what this is. An entire state of kids got fucked by their Governor and a global pandemic. That sucks, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that in order for him to not get fucked that we now have to fuck up other kids lives, especially the kids of tax paying residents.

Sorry. I'm sure you'll be fine with your already secured scholarship and early entry into the University of Iowa in January.
No one is disagreeing with that. The argument is there are kids just like Bruce playing all over the state right now. The kid got fucked.

Reaction score
No one is disagreeing with that. The argument is there are kids just like Bruce playing all over the state right now. The kid got fucked.
exactly. It’s almost like if you go to valley or dowling you can do whatever you want. Probably could get a waiver for Patrick mahomes on some technicality.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
In a perfect world the ACLU will take up this case and shove a big judgment up the rear end of those clowns in Boone

Reaction score
Aaron Smith from Waukee doesn’t have an Iowa offer yet, but he looks like a pretty talented kid.

StinkyMcFadden

Loyal Son Forever True
Reaction score
Aaron Smith from Waukee doesn’t have an Iowa offer yet, but he looks like a pretty talented kid.
I think he had 3 TDs against Dowling last week, too. He is blazing fast and also smarter than all of your kids.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Iowa knows about him, just not what position. Several P5 schools were in friday and Saturday

ISU called with only a PWO offer and he was not happy about it. With the way they are recruiting I cannot believe they wouldn’t take a kid like him.

Reaction score
Should we be getting worried that Iowa commit Jeff Bowie is putting up numbers like 1.5 total tackles against a 1-3 Class A team?
I'm sure he is being double teamed, but that is back to back weeks, with 1.5 total tackles against small teams with losing records.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
Should we be getting worried that Iowa commit Jeff Bowie is putting up numbers like 1.5 total tackles against a 1-3 Class A team?
I'm sure he is being double teamed, but that is back to back weeks, with 1.5 total tackles against small teams with losing records.
Should we be getting worried about a high school kid? No.

ivan_drago

Mortgage Servicer
Reaction score
no, i am not worried about high school stats

Reaction score
I’ve seen him play twice and I’m not particularly impressed with his motor/effort level. Who knows, he may step up at Iowa and surprise me. I’ve been wrong before.

Reaction score
Bowie seems more like an inside-outside guy. Looks like he could handle 280 pounds if needed.

Reaction score
Without or without tackles Bowie gets the QB under pressure. While there will be changes at the next level. One of a number of fine young Americans in this class.

thrawn

Reaction score
Bain on Aaron Smith from Waukee:

I talked with Smith on Wednesday, and he said he'd heard from Kansas State, Notre Dame and Nebrantska since Friday's game. Coaches from LSU, Florida State, Wisconsin, North Carolina State and Rutgers have also recently followed him on Twitter.

Iowa State and Iowa have also previously shown interest. Especially the Cyclones in recent weeks.

Smith said, of his current offers, UNI, Liberty and the Ivy League schools are showing the most interest — especially the Panthers.

He said schools are recruiting him at various different positions. Iowa and Liberty, for example, see him as a defensive back, while other schools project him as a receiver or athlete combo on offense.