2021 Football Recruiting

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
On TOS, Mr. I'm a big shot donor and I like to show everyone that I am, dropped a casual comment that implied he didn't think Iowa would land TJ Bollers. Anyone hearing/seeing anything to that end?
People have been talking about Bollers not being high on Iowa for a long time. The only theory to the contrary is he is playing up his recruitment to a national level and then will commit to Iowa.

If Gasser is saying he doesn't think Iowa will get him, it would point at the former being more credible.

It would be nice to get him and having highly rated legacy players choose Iowa is always important, but if him or his dad are seemingly grudge carrying for whatever reason and feel like they want to go to Nebrantska, then oh well. Iowa will be fine either way.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
On TOS, Mr. I'm a big shot donor and I like to show everyone that I am, dropped a casual comment that implied he didn't think Iowa would land TJ Bollers. Anyone hearing/seeing anything to that end?
People have been talking about Bollers not being high on Iowa for a long time. The only theory to the contrary is he is playing up his recruitment to a national level and then will commit to Iowa.

If Gasser is saying he doesn't think Iowa will get him, it would point at the former being more credible.

It would be nice to get him and having highly rated legacy players choose Iowa is always important, but if him or his dad are seemingly grudge carrying for whatever reason and feel like they want to go to Nebrantska, then oh well. Iowa will be fine either way.
Nebrantska is in Nebrantska...these recruits know this right?

douglasbader

Reaction score

We have talked about this a number of times, and not sure if this is exclusive to Iowa but there are a lot of highly rated local recruits and their families that take pride in wanting to look anywhere else if given the opportunity.

Bollers thing is sort of weird. They seem to have a chip on their shoulder about Iowa despite being a legacy, living minutes from Kinnick and having a job doing the post game show for Iowa Football. Maybe it is the 3-4 thing like Jimmie says, but who knows.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score

We have talked about this a number of times, and not sure if this is exclusive to Iowa but there are a lot of highly rated local recruits and their families that take pride in wanting to look anywhere else if given the opportunity.

Bollers thing is sort of weird. They seem to have a chip on their shoulder about Iowa despite being a legacy, living minutes from Kinnick and having a job doing the post game show for Iowa Football. Maybe it is the 3-4 thing like Jimmie says, but who knows.
What is the 3-4 thing? I missed that.

douglasbader

Reaction score

Look up a few posts. Supposedly he plays best in 3-4 and Iowa plays 4-3

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score

Look up a few posts. Supposedly he plays best in 3-4 and Iowa plays 4-3
Counterpoint, he's in high school and doesn't know shit.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Does it matter what defense Nebrantska runs? It'll suck either way

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
There’s gotta be better options for him than nebrantska if he’s dead set on playing in a 3-4.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
I think the 3-4 thing is the reason - that matches up with his supposed top two of Nebrantska and Wisconsin, and the strong interest in Stanford (aside from the obvious academic appeal).

Bob

Reaction score
There’s gotta be better options for him than nebrantska if he’s dead set on playing in a 3-4.
The other team 247 is predicting is Wisconsin which would be one of the best possible places to go if you're dead set on being a stand up end.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
LOL if that's the reason.

And just like I said with Xavier Foster...If he comes here great, but if his attitude & court demeanor mean anything...it's one we should lose exactly -0- sleep over.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
The other team 247 is predicting is Wisconsin which would be one of the best possible places to go if you're dead set on being a stand up end.
And maybe a dumb distinguisher...but aren't the guys on the DL that are standing up (in a 3-4) technically playing LB, not DE?

Bob

Reaction score
And maybe a dumb distinguisher...but aren't the guys on the DL that are standing up (in a 3-4) technically playing LB, not DE?
Depends on the play but yeah they're usually called LBers even if they're effectively playing end.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Or if your dead set on slurping jizz by the bucketful.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The last couple times I’ve tuned into the post game show Bollers hasn’t been on.

While Bollers would seem like a big loss, as long as they can continue to find guys like Joe Evans they’ll be fine.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score

And just like I said with Xavier Foster...If he comes here great, but if his attitude & court demeanor mean anything...it's one we should lose exactly -0- sleep over.

He’s a good kid, despite some wanting to pain him as anything other than another cocky teenager.

and while yes, life will move on at Iowa...guys that get to the QB are among the most important assets in football, so it’s silly to say missing out on him isn’t a big deal.

that said, Mom and Dad feel his best suited somewhere other than Iowa. Could something change last minute, sure. But at this point he’s 99% not going to be a Hawkeye

douglasbader

Reaction score

He’s a good kid, despite some wanting to pain him as anything other than another cocky teenager.

and while yes, life will move on at Iowa...guys that get to the QB are among the most important assets in football, so it’s silly to say missing out on him isn’t a big deal.

that said, Mom and Dad feel his best suited somewhere other than Iowa. Could something change last minute, sure. But at this point he’s 99% not going to be a Hawkeye
Well, then he is a retard and I wish him no luck and they all can go fuck themselves when it comes to football.

douglasbader

Reaction score
"Hey, son, I know that we live a few miles from Kinnick and Coach Ferentz has a long history of putting players on each line into the NFL including 10+ year vets and future Hall of Famers, but we feel it is best you go somewhere else. Ignore those 2 first round picks last year and 3 likely this year and numerous other 1st round and high round All-Pro types. You better go to Nebrantska where everything is awesome and the coach is a meathead that spits into styro cups in public. We love you son and this is totally not about Daddy being angry about his time at Iowa."

Reaction score
"Hey, son, I know that we live a few miles from Kinnick and Coach Ferentz has a long history of putting players on each line into the NFL including 10+ year vets and future Hall of Famers, but we feel it is best you go somewhere else. Ignore those 2 first round picks last year and 3 likely this year and numerous other 1st round and high round All-Pro types. You better go to Nebrantska where everything is awesome and the coach is a meathead that spits into styro cups in public. We love you son and this is totally not about Daddy being angry about his time at Iowa."
... and one of those first round picks this year happens to be a pass rushing DE and true junior who is a son of an Iowa FB player and turned down higher profile programs to play at Iowa.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
If he's smart enough to get into Stanford he'd be silly to turn down an offer from them

douglasbader

Reaction score
Not this shit again with the Stanford thing.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Campbell is gonna have to try to lock down that four minute radius first and work from there.

Reaction score
Three solid looking LB commits in the 2021 class already in Sullivan, Harrell and Twedt.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Three solid looking LB commits in the 2021 class already in Sullivan, Harrell and Twedt.
It’s an interesting roster construction move with us playing a lot more 4-2-5. I do think there’s a good chance that Sullivan ends up at DE. Also, LB depth has been key on our special teams coverage teams this year.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It’s an interesting roster construction move with us playing a lot more 4-2-5. I do think there’s a good chance that Sullivan ends up at DE. Also, LB depth has been key on our special teams coverage teams this year.
And occasionally LBs have ended up at the FB position.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
New RivalsTop250 out. https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals250/2021

Bollers moves up 43 spots to a #93 rank overall.

Undecided TE Thomas Fidone of Council Bluffs Lewis Central jumps into the top 250 at #204

IA commit Connor Colby drops 5 spots to #237

IA commit Justice Sullivan drops 52 spots to #243

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Any word on how the Fidone kid leans? Looks like he has visited Iowa quite a bit.

Reaction score
Any word on how the Fidone kid leans? Looks like he has visited Iowa quite a bit.
I read that he grew up a Nebrantska fan. He visited Lincoln for the Iowa game and somehow came out of that experience speaking glowingly of the Cornhusker program.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I read that he grew up a Nebrantska fan. He visited Lincoln for the Iowa game and somehow came out of that experience speaking glowingly of the Cornhusker program.
If anyone wasn't concerned about the future of Iowa as a state, they should be after seeing how many kids in this class have interest in Nebrantska.

There must be a lot of dumbasses being raised in this state. Hopefully Kirk gets the smart ones and the dumbasses never return to the state, keeping their dumbass genes in Nebrantska.