2021 Football Recruiting

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score

I truly hope that this hat wearing is a one-time bad choice...and not a future style. I don't think I could take my boys seriously if they walked in wearing it like that.
I cannot imagine showing up in Iowa City for a visit, wearing my hat like that, and thinking that I was going to do anything other than negatively impress KF by doing so.

Bob

Reaction score
Is Brecht from Ankeny predicted to stay at WR or move to TE?
I've only ever seen him talked about as a WR. I think the bigger question with him is whether he's even going to play football, isn't he a pretty big baseball prospect too?

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I've only ever seen him talked about as a WR. I think the bigger question with him is whether he's even going to play football, isn't he a pretty big baseball prospect too?
He’s talked about playing both and has offers from Iowa in both. Ferentz has said he’s ok with it as long as he keeps his grades up.

I asked daughter tonight when she got home from work and she said he wears Iowa stuff a lot. Make of that what you will.

Bob

Reaction score
He’s talked about playing both and has offers from Iowa in both. Ferentz has said he’s ok with it as long as he keeps his grades up.

I asked daughter tonight when she got home from work and she said he wears Iowa stuff a lot. Make of that what you will.
I think we're generally considered pretty heavy favorites for him if he decides to play college football.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
RB from Valley commits to KSU

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Wait, of all the people Iowa state has offered, are you telling me the didn’t offer a P5 level kid from fucking Des Moines?

Reactions: Jim

eclone

Reaction score
Bollers starting to take officials.
E7E986E0-69FE-4C36-A362-8486666BBC0E.jpeg

Reaction score
Being an Iowa legacy, and knowing full well what dogshit ISU is and always will be, plus having numerous national options, and choosing to go to Iowa State would be an all time dumbfuck move.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Being an Iowa legacy, and knowing full well what dogshit ISU is and always will be, plus having numerous national options, and choosing to go to Iowa State would be an all time dumbfuck move.
I guess he won't get a Stanford offer. If that's his list he's a fucking idiot.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Stats don’t seem that impressive playing small Iowa school

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Those are all 3-4 teams, right?
I don't know. I was just making fun of him being too stupid for Stanford.

To be honest I'm guessing there's not much of any defense played at four of those schools ( two pac 12s, a big 12, and dogshit Nebrantska)

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I always find it odd how these 4* Iowa guys end up with offers from UCLA and Cal. I get they’re in California, but neither one has been worth a shit in forever and none of them end up there. If it’s for a free trip ok, but they’re not realistic options.

eclone

Reaction score
Bain's rundown in the Register of the top 25 players in Iowa for the 2021 class.

What's the word around Iowa City on Marcus Morgan? Not much for offers, but there's always the caveat when writing about him that he could go D1 in football, baseball, or basketball. Is he that good, and what sport is he choosing?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
As a North Liberty resident I have heard and know absolutely nothing about him.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
I think the multiple sports thing gets mentioned because he’s good at all of them, but not great.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He has a full ride for baseball on the table from Iowa. Which is probably a better option than a football full ride at ISU

Edit: although if college athletes are allowed to be compensated for their likeness, ISU fans are notorious for being crazy stupid obsessed with cyclone athletes and their "merch".

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
He has a full ride for baseball on the table from Iowa. Which is probably a better option than a football full ride at ISU

Edit: although if college athletes are allowed to be compensated for their likeness, ISU fans are notorious for being crazy stupid obsessed with cyclone athletes and their "merch".
Does anyone really have a full ride for baseball?

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
must be really good. Pretty sure they use the full scholarships to lure out of state talent.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
They only get 11 scholarships and they offered him a “full ride”? I don’t believe it. He’s not THAT good. If anyone knows the scholarship process, it would be him. Mom, dad, brother, sister, all D1 athletes.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
They only get 11 scholarships and they offered him a “full ride”? I don’t believe it. He’s not THAT good. If anyone knows the scholarship process, it would be him. Mom, dad, brother, sister, all D1 athletes.
Why don't you stroll over to the Morgan house, call him a liar to his face, and let us know what you find out.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That's understandable, the next logical thing would be for him to gfh then.

I don't have a problem with Jim, I'm just being a bit of a rascal this afternoon.

Reaction score
Is Shakespeare’s a knock off to Shakey’s? If so, I’ll come with and down some mojo potatoes.