2021 Football Recruiting

Reaction score
Yeah, I realized after I wrote the words that I can't, because of forgetting invisible guys like John Weinke and Cy Phillips. Even though there were guys like those who wouldn't have played in a million years as true freshmen, they were there. I got hung up on realistic candidates.

1984 had Long, Vlasic and true freshman Hartlieb
2009 had Rick, Vandy and Weinke
2015 was my 3rd, but I forgot about Drew Cook (They were on some thin ice that year)
The aforementioned Mr. Phillips thwarted me in the '04 reckoning.

2014 had just Jake, CJ and Wiegers, but that wasn't a good team.
2011 had 3 the latter part of the season, counting Weinke. Again, not a good team.

I am, I confess, a failure.

Still not keen on taking a QB just to take one. Connor Kapisak was a good looking walk-on, so he would probably be better as a #4 than most of the freshmen we'd probably be looking at at this point. If all 4 get hurt, they'd have to dust off Quinn Schulte and throw him back there, Joe Evans having probably outgrown the position.

Last edited:

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Yeah, I realized after I wrote the words that I can't, because of forgetting invisible guys like John Weinke and Cy Phillips. Even though there were guys like those who wouldn't have played in a million years as true freshmen, they were there. I got hung up on realistic candidates.

1984 had Long, Vlasic and true freshman Hartlieb
2009 had Rick, Vandy and Weinke
2015 was my 3rd, but I forgot about Drew Cook (They were on some thin ice that year)
The aforementioned Mr. Phillips thwarted me in the '04 reckoning.

2014 had just Jake, CJ and Wiegers, but that wasn't a good team.
2011 had 3 the latter part of the season, counting Weinke. Again, not a good team.

I am, I confess, a failure.

Still not keen on taking a QB just to take one. Connor Kapisak was a good looking walk-on, so he would probably be better as a #4 than most of the freshmen we'd probably be looking at at this point. If all 4 get hurt, they'd have to dust off Quinn Schulte and throw him back there, Joe Evans having probably outgrown the position.

Reaction score
Are you talking about Maro? He’s not committed to them. I also like that all the Iowa guys that are committed to them’s profile pic on Rivals are them wearing Iowa stuff.
This might be my first and ever insider perspective. We are great friends with Maro’s. I think he goes Ivy League for football. He is a smart kid and academics are huge to the family. Who knows... i know they really liked the Louisville/Gophers coaches. So while they may be a smart family, common sense seems to be lacking 😀

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

This is the guy Nebrantska offered without seeing throw.

This is not as exciting after seeing the QBs Iowa was in on earlier with this class, but he's at least got a couple power 5 offers, besides Nebrantska

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I thought this fucker was ours over the weekend

KitKatApples

Reaction score
Yea I’m not liking his second thoughts

KitKatApples

Reaction score
I feel like this kid wants to go to Nebrantska but doesn't want to play for Frost.

Reaction score
I thought this fucker was ours over the weekend
Based on what I'm seeing on TOS and elsewhere, I see no reason to be overly pessimistic. Nebrantska writers were calling Heinrich to Nebrantska well before he committed there, and I see none of that with Johnson. It's not 100%, but nothing is.

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Lol, is having second thoughts but will announce his decision tomorrow. He has 8 more months but feels like making a call tomorrow.
Sometimes the kids just wants to get off the crazy train and have that pressure behind them.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
All things being equal- prob Iowa- these last few days are an opportunity for Nebrantska to make things unequal. Probably $$ for every one in the loss column difference

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Another Johnson crystal ball switching from Nebrantska to Iowa FWIW.

Last edited:

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I feel like whichever way he goes Wednesday there is a potential to flip to the other by signing day.

granted that can be said for lots of recruits

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I feel like whichever way he goes Wednesday there is a potential to flip to the other by signing day.

granted that can be said for lots of recruits
I think the numbers of guys flipping since the early signing period is way way down. Rarely happens compared to a few years ago when guys were flipping all the time. The early signing period along with moving official visits up has really helped.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I think the numbers of guys flipping since the early signing period is way way down. Rarely happens compared to a few years ago when guys were flipping all the time. The early signing period along with moving official visits up has really helped.
But that’s still not until December right? Long ways to go for a kid struggling with his decision

Reaction score
How fast is he? I want more WR in the ISM mold
I believe 11.2 as a soph. Coach thinks he's faster than that. Notre Dame allegedly told the coach they'd be interested if he could get it down to 10.9. (Ihmir ran 10.6+ as a senior, IIRC.)