2021 Football Recruiting

Reaction score
This can’t be said enough. These guys are just killing it with recruits. You are already one of the top development programs in the country, and now your starting point is getting higher and higher.
There was a good article on The Athletic about how Iowa recruits/develops their guys. There was a quote from one of the coaches (Bell I think) where they basically said that everyone is finally on the same page in what kind of attributes they are looking for.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Apparently 2 Neb radio douchers invited Johnson’s dad on the radio and then went after him. He held his own saying Iowa told Keagan exactly how he would be used with catch and yds stats. Nebrantska only wanted to blow sunshine up his ass.

After he hung up one of them said ”I think there is a part of him that did not want to go to Nebrantska because of what his dad was able to accomplish there”

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Apparently 2 Neb radio douchers invited Johnson’s dad on the radio and then went after him. He held his own saying Iowa told Keagan exactly how he would be used with catch and yds stats. Nebrantska only wanted to blow sunshine up his ass.

After he hung up one of them said ”I think there is a part of him that did not want to go to Nebrantska because of what his dad was able to accomplish there”
Those dipshits are so salty.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
It doesn’t sound like Iowa is a serious contender for McCulley. Iowa is reaching out to this kid at QB. No P5 offers, but apparently he just started playing QB last year. I would imagine Iowa waits until the HS season starts to find its QB like it did a few years ago, when they ended up with Petras.

NIce coif or should say coiffure.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

Going to have to correct Nebrantska in the link but the host definitely made it weird in the beginning. Some high praise of Copeland and the staff from his dad.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
That was a great interview overall when it comes to Clester and how this likely is a permanent decision for Keegan.

His dad is very supportive and I think the only hang up was Keegan being respectful of his dad. Sounds like he wants to make his own legacy and the visit to Iowa with Copeland / Woods / Barnes was overwhelmingly good.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I actually think the hosts were fine. They are Husker fans and were disappointed but good overall.

Damn though with Clester laying out winning as the main factor. Pointed out that Keegan has seen Iowa win at a high level and Nebrantska is a bunch of losers.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Lol at this interview as it goes on. What a fucking tear down of the Nebrantska program.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
And yet they are convinced they are a couple years away from winning national titles

Reaction score
I'm at peace with Fidone choosing Nebrantska if that's really where he thinks he fits. You really have to be sold on being a Hawkeye in order to thrive. We'll find tight ends.

At this point landing a top flight running back like Ricky Parks and a big DT seem more essential.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Clester Johnson was on with the morning KXNO dipshits.

He seems like a good dad and a thoughtful guy. He put zero pressure on the kid to attend Nebrantska.

He mentioned LeVar’s recruiting efforts and Kelton as top level coach.

Did LeVar get a Nebrantska offer? For some reason I recall schools trying to get LeVar and Vanden Bosch as a package deal.

Also-can you imagine being a tiny school from dump truck Iowa having to play West Lyon with Vanden Bosch and Woods?

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

He seems like a good dad and a thoughtful guy. He put zero pressure on the kid to attend Nebrantska.

Did LeVar get a Nebrantska offer? For some reason I recall schools trying to get LeVar and Vanden Bosch as a package deal.

Also-can you imagine being a tiny school from dump truck Iowa having to play West Lyon with Vanden Bosch and Woods?
And then the next year VandenBosch and Naatjes.

But yes...and beating them twice in the same year.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

West Lyon has had some freaks. I ran against Darin Naatjes. Dude was ridiculous.

Reaction score
Played West Lyon my junior year in baseball. Naatjes was on the bump that day. Dude was fucking intimidating as hell on the mound....and then he unleashed a low 90's fastball that you didn't see, just heard.

I did manage a foul ball and weak ground out in the midst of my 3 AB's against him, so I like to think I won because I only struck out once.

Naatjes went to Stanford didn't he? Didn't he have knee troubles in college that derailed his career?

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
By far KF's best all-around staff and I hope they can keep them together for at least two more seasons. Most of them could take a promotion elsewhere if they wished.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Felt like the last run of commits was more or less expected. Any others that they expect to decide soon?

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Seems like Parks should be soon as well? Also, Alt and Bell assuming both are still takes?

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Yah, I’m sure some people’s heads went to that place but Kirk is not PJFleck. He’s the opposite of high pressure

douglasbader

Reaction score
Yah, I’m sure some people’s heads went to that place but Kirk is not PJFleck. He’s the opposite of high pressure
He is from Florida and has great offers. I'm sure it might have something to do with what is happening right now and maybe wanting to stay closer to home.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
He is from Florida and has great offers. I'm sure it might have something to do with what is happening right now and maybe wanting to stay closer to home.
Only other thing I can think is that he said or did something that soured Iowa coaches on him. Yours is more likely.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Only other thing I can think is that he said or did something that soured Iowa coaches on him. Yours is more likely.
Kids don't write well usually. I think it might be 2 separate statements. The first is he has talked to his parents and decided to decommit.

The second is a message to schools that will be immediately reaching out to him again that he is not in a hurry and warning them not to pressure him.

I don't think the second part had anything to do with Iowa.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The meltdown over Johnson in Husker Land is still burning bright. Now Jason Peter is calling out Johnson’s dad on Twitter.

I would say the fear he decommits and goes to Lincoln is a dead issue now. Good job weirdos.
Holy shit you weren't lying. Just when you think your opinion of husker fans can't be any lower, they double down