2021 Football Recruiting

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Lol at the sour grapes on TOS. ‘Maybe he looked at our depth and didn’t think he would play!’

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Lol at the sour grapes on TOS. ‘Maybe he looked at our depth and didn’t think he would play!’
Lol. Truth is that Iowa hasn’t had a running back drafted since Shonn Greene. That was about 12 years ago. For as good as Iowa is at developing pro prospects, it hasn’t worked out at running back

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Plenty of time left so they won't get a throwaway like Graham for 2021.

For depth it's Goodsen, IKM, Sargent, Byrd, and the two Williams from 2020...who am I missing?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
And he was just a three-star. RB's are Kurts PGs.
They've recruited the position fine since Greene, and had success but for one reason or another a good number of talented guys flamed out at Iowa...Hampton, Wegher, Coker, Garmon, McCall, even Adam Robinson was solid.

The leading rushers since Greene that finished their career at Iowa have been too slow/not versatile (Daniels, Weisman) or too small (Canzeri, Wadley). Simply put, their leading rushers haven't been stars. Wadley has been the only RB in a while who looked like a next level player, and he was a skinny fella.

Edit: the recent recruiting of guys like Sargent, IKM, Geil, and toren Young wasn't great by any means though

Last edited:

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

This would have been a larger loss in most other recruiting years, thankfully Iowa landed 4 solid guys early. Still thought they would pull Alt though.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Well, he's caucasian- he could have done whatever he wanted

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Yeah it sucks, but just think about the diversity of music that will be played in the weight room now.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
This seems to be the fallout of what has happened the last month. Lost out on their top 4* RB recruit nearly everyone thought was in the bag for Iowa potentially to the situation and now made it easier for Alt to pick Notre Dame by firing Doyle.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Gunnar Helm chose Tejas. I thought Iowa was sitting nicely with the whole TEU, teammate of Padilla, and grandpa a former Hawkeye. Fidone doesn't appear likely. Michael Trigg is also unlikely as he's looking at schools for both basketball and football now.

TE commit may be a surprise or a project, which is a bummer when they've been in on a couple of the top guys but should be fine after who they've landed the last couple years. And the least highly ranked recruit of the 4 was LaPorta.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Gunnar Helm chose Tejas. I thought Iowa was sitting nicely with the whole TEU, teammate of Padilla, and grandpa a former Hawkeye. Fidone doesn't appear likely. Michael Trigg is also unlikely as he's looking at schools for both basketball and football now.

TE commit may be a surprise or a project, which is a bummer when they've been in on a couple of the top guys but should be fine after who they've landed the last couple years. And the least highly ranked recruit of the 4 was LaPorta.
TX Prob gonna get Mylinski too

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
TX Prob gonna get Mylinski too
Texas is the new Notre Dame. Its where you go to have your talent and professional aspirations languish

This shit should be embarassing to anyone associated with the UT program:

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
What am I missing here with regards to Texas? Has Mack Brown returned?

HSP_Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Texas is the new Notre Dame. Its where you go to have your talent and professional aspirations languish

This shit should be embarassing to anyone associated with the UT program:

Iowa State, LOL!

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I think he’s got 3-4 mph of upside left on that fastball. Still somewhat raw.

The kid from Dowling who throws in the low 90s just signed for $1.5M. Apparently, his mom really wants him to go to college/play at Iowa, but it would not be the smartest move for him, imo.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I talk to that guy from time to time, and have an impeccable eye for arm talent.

Reaction score
If he was my son I make him have prophylactic Tommy John surgery yesterday.