2021 Football Recruiting

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Sees 18 year old throwing 98 miles per hour.

Thinks he should keep playing baseball.

I have to admit, this one was pretty easy. It’s in the QB evaluation area where I really shine, at least relative to some.

Reaction score
I think he’s got 3-4 mph of upside left on that fastball. Still somewhat raw.

The kid from Dowling who throws in the low 90s just signed for $1.5M. Apparently, his mom really wants him to go to college/play at Iowa, but it would not be the smartest move for him, imo.
Carter Baumler is the kid from Dowling and signed with Baltimore last week. He got almost a million dollars above slot to sign - from what I was told (insider!!?!) there was no way he wasn’t going to sign. His FB sits around 93, but his offspeed is flat out nasty. Junior and I watched one of his throwing sessions - if Baltimore doesn’t try to destroy him like most of the other top pitching prospects they’ve had in their system over the years (Arrieta, Bundy, Gausman, the list goes on) he could become a good #3 guy in a rotation.

thrawn

Reaction score
If he's throwing 98 as an 18 yo, we can assume the TJ happens by 22, so he could always come and play at Iowa as a mid-20s WR down the road.

Gushawk

Reaction score
Ankeny parents are huge fans of delayed kindergarten for boys, so probably

FatNTired

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
If he's throwing 98 as an 18 yo, we can assume the TJ happens by 22, so he could always come and play at Iowa as a mid-20s WR down the road.
It's a pretty easy 98mph. Can't rule it out, but he's not a high effort delivery.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
I think he’s got 3-4 mph of upside left on that fastball. Still somewhat raw.

The kid from Dowling who throws in the low 90s just signed for $1.5M. Apparently, his mom really wants him to go to college/play at Iowa, but it would not be the smartest move for him, imo.
@PepperdineTexan

Gushawk

Reaction score
I don’t think hoha’s arm was quite this electric. HoHa more closely resembled the Dowling kid who got the $1.5MM signing bonus, probably.

Last edited:

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Texas looks like the pick here. This one is a bummer. A guy who was in love with Doyle and Iowa sat really really well with him before the shit hit the fan. Iowa was basically his dream school. He would’ve had a good shot at stepping in and being the starting center as a RS freshman. Oh well.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
3rd recruit lost from the fallout? Parks, Alt, Myslinski?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The replies to that tweet are so sad and pathetic.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
As least Britt is promising at the position. These last three recruiting losses sting when they were all considered Iowa leans. Fuck you Rob Howe and Robert t Green

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Myslinski is the only one where the Doyle/racial stuff actually hurt (and it's still Texas).

Parks went to Utah, who reportedly put the full court press on him the last two weeks, and whose current DC got caught calling a bunch of recruits n***ers (and Iowa is still talking with him quite a bit). Alt went to ND, who's ND.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Myslinski is the only one where the Doyle/racial stuff actually hurt (and it's still Texas).

Parks went to Utah, who reportedly put the full court press on him the last two weeks, and whose current DC got caught calling a bunch of recruits n***ers (and Iowa is still talking with him quite a bit). Alt went to ND, who's ND.
Didn't Ault say he wanted to work with Doyle and now that he was gone things changed

Last edited:

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Did Ault say he wanted to work with Doyle and now that he was gone things changed
If he did, I never saw it. He's also a bit of a project (with admittedly high upside), but each of our current commits could play T in college.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
If he did, I never saw it. He's also a bit of a project (with admittedly high upside), but each of our current commits could play T in college.
His dad said it: https://247sports.com/Article/John-Alt-explains-son-Joes-process-and-Notre-Dame-commitment-148888157/

At the end of the day, the family had to tell Kirk Ferentz, who was the elder Alt's position coach at Iowa, and the Hawkeyes no.

"That was difficult," John admitted, "but as I kept telling Joe, it's not about me. It's not my journey, it's his, and things happen for a reason. He wanted to be trained by [Chris] Doyle and Doyle is gone. It fell into place with Notre Dame and it's hard to argue it. I stayed out of the Iowa part of it, but I had a good conversation with Coach Ferentz this morning. I'll always be a Hawkeye, I'm grateful for what they've done for me and my family -- they offered my other son Mark who ended up playing hockey at Minnesota -- they've been good to me, loyal to me and I hope I've been loyal to them. But this not about me."

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score

Thought I heard that maybe we weren't out of the running for parks.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Thought I heard that maybe we weren't out of the running for parks.
They're still talking to him, and he tweeted out his official Iowa offer letter the other day. Bock doesn't think he'll flip, but KF and staff don't talk to guys unless they're willing to listen.

CamelTones

Reaction score
So who is left on the board that is realistic?

CamelTones

Reaction score
If Tyler Barnes retweets a kid announcing his commitment date, he’s coming to Iowa. If he doesn’t retweet the kid, he’s not coming to Iowa.

Makes it pretty simple to follow.

CamelTones

Reaction score
With the decision to not count this season towards eligibility, is recruiting basically done?

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
He just moved to Ankeny with his mom, I did some googling and it's unclear if his parents are together.
The only specific transfer situation I know about is the long snapper who transferred to Dowling. And all I really know about that kid is what he shared in the Des Moines Register. Beyond that, I have some general insight about how the state organization might handle these issues and how schools approach transfers.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Not that it's going to matter, necessarily, but getting a transfer approved is not the same thing as being eligible right away.